1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

He did change his read on me in the meantime. It went back to null.

So if kalas turns out to be towny, fluff might now want to kill me, considering his statement.

Since you are convinced that there is scum between us, would your read on him change up, if kalas is towny.

And something more important. Lungs and you seemed to be connected early on, i assume you know each other quite well (You talked about playing lol together).
    When is the moment that we should start to be worried about him not being part of the thread and getting mostly ignored (a few pings here and there but no real heat).

Funny enough I think you might be the towniest one between Lee, Lungs & yourself at this point, but that is to some extend because the other two don't really seem to want to play the game at the moment.

2. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Lungs is Lungs. If he's scum it'll become pretty evident if/when he posts, so I'd suggest hounding him into contributing as soon as you can. I've poked him a few times off-site, but alas.

Not entirely sure what you're asking in the first half of your post. If you're asking whether my read on Fluff would change up if Kalas suddenly started acting like a member of town then my answer would be no, because that would mean I was wrong in my read of him as well. Mistakes happen, especially this early in the game.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I will say the game right now is either really easy, because scum don't want to play and this might become an auto win, or horrible because the silent players are mostly town, in which case it will be fucking hard to find the scum.

I will just copy the bottom part of my last readslist out of my qt (the top part is boring, noone cares about repeating town reads).

--- Leaning Scum
    Fluff
    Cobalt (is gravedigger, won't die today)
    --- Scum
    Lungs/Atum/Kalas
    LuckyLee (is dob, won't die today)

The two people the actually did something in there are claimed roles that will not die d1.

Atum has 1 post total, impossible to read him town.

Lungs (from here on out refered to as maybe) has not posted in 200 posts.
    The one real content post is giving two null reads kinda early on.

I am getting slightly paranoid about Kalas, just because of that many people pushing on him, but ignoring the others for the most part.
    Either he is just scum, or the easy misslynch scum is looking for.

While the Newcomb read might be scum!Kalas doubtcasting Newcomb, it can also just be Town!Kalas being cautious about Newcombs play.
    His read on Von seems ok.
    His third read - while I do not know how much of a classic scumplay it is, I do not think that i personally would classify Kalas as a stronger player, just because I have only seen him play scum, and have no read on his townplay, sorry buddy.
    He does realize that my push on him was pure RVS bullshit + metagaming by me asking the people I read towny early on to vote on him if i go on him later in the day.

Kalas was not scummy with his actions, what made him really scummy was promissing action and doing nothing.

Which is similar to what people like Lungs did, with the difference that Kalas promissed to come into the thread, while other people never bothered to play.

The difference is that there was a fight and interactions and people like to pick sides and read people scummy from it, because one person has to be scummy in every fight.

But sometimes two towns fight and mafia just sits outside, does nothing and watches everyting blow up.

I am still unsure about some of the Kalas scumreads, but the most important thing is that he gets his ass in the thread and does something, so we can actually figure out where he is at.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Prophylaxis pleaseeee replace in <3

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Unvote
    Vote His Fluffiness

OK, I'm good. I agree that Jan's weirding me out.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Give reasons, spend some time in here, do more then just one line posts.

Stop being bad and we can talk about you being good.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Perhaps because of his obsession with you

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am trying to talk about other people, but you guys won't drop it. :p

Do you think Kalas reasoning was that bad at the time Citrus?

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

This is so bad though.

I had a thought in my head but I just lost it.

It was something like you're frustrated with her lack of engagement rather than her coasting.

Like this read ok-ish, then I read it again and it sounded kinda forced, then I read it again and now it looks really forced.

Your first sentence isn't really angry at all. Then your second sentence suddenly is, but not quite. You're semi-insulting her with a hint of anger as opposed to being genuinely angry?

---------- Post automerged at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I thought it was fair, but took it a little too far. A la correct but a smidgen over defensive.

Contingent on him following through, which he hasn't. My best guess is I'm pretty widely townread, so he just wants to not post then will night kill me or something if he's scum so he doesn't have to continue that argument with me

10. fontisian

Also, that post was three lines long, so the complaint is clearly irrelevant.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

---------- Post automerged at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

I agree on the follow up part, that's why he is scummy, so is someone like Atum or Lungs who have done nothing.

The fact that people are tunneling on only him for something that other people are doing the same way really rubs me the wrong way.

Cobalt has done shit all game. compare him with last game and there is no way anyone can have a townread on him.

The only reason he might live today is because he is gravedigger and people are still hoping for him to be town, because that would make it so much easier.

---------- Post automerged at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Lungs is in the thread!

Everybody say hello to Lungs!

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You're anger feels really off Jan, now you're doing what Kalas did except now it's you stepping in for his defense...

I'm not seeing things right Snowvon Newcomb?

---------- Post automerged at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Like you almost seem mad Cobalt's getting a pass while Kalas isn't?

Also kinda out of nowhere?

13. fontisian

Cobalt started the game off with a number of joking posts about being a witch and a gravedigger claim after some resistance. I perceived both of those things as town, though not enough to clear him. Why are you dismissing them?

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Man I have to say Atum. I'm starting to get to the point where I dislike seeing you in games nowadays because you ALWAYS have low activity. It's hard to read you when you never post and this is becoming a repeating thing with you.

Realistically you don't have a single post D1, since your only one is RVS

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have fought off the Sirens Call of fresh 7% cider. In other news my morning was terrible. Getting caught up meow.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

/FTFY
    /10char

---------- Post automerged at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Summoning Kalas eventually works!

Sorry your morning stunk :\

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am mad that people are pointing at one person instead of 4.

I do not like kalas, but I am gettin weirded out of the there is one between Jan and Kalas read, because I know I am town, which means either Kalas is mafia or that read is a bad one and mafia are inclined to jump on it for misslynches.

You might feel good with where this game is going right now, but i am not.

I think town feels good because they have a hand full of good townreads and the rest will solve itself.
    At this point most people gave the same 4-5 towns and the same 2 scumreads.

Which is either perfect, or the easiest read to coast for everyone here.
    Most people do not seem to think for themselves and it is a pain to see.

Because his play this game is 100% different to last game, and my first thought is, that he was town last game which makes him more likely to be scum now.

While he was not right on everything he did last game, he gave reads and tunnel on people, he wanted to solve the game. I don't see him doing that right here!

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Vote: Cobalt

Answer questions and play the game or get lynched

---------- Post automerged at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I shouldn't have to ask 4 times for you to answer a question

19. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hi guys, fell behind like, around post 250, wanted to kill myself when I woke up an hour ago lmao

I want to lynch menace...

Okay, like, he posts a bunch of stuff that seems like, super snaky or someshit. Maybe I'm being, like, a hypocrite here or something because I let myself fall behind too or whatever, and now I'm coming back to point fingers at people. Something something I came to lynch Caesar not to something.

I've come to expect from the dlpers I used to play mafia with a sort of passive-aggressive self-righteousness when they're town and being accused, and I don't exactly see this from menace which makes me want him lynched. like, all I see is him opening doors for himself. like, look at the fluffiness thing. "mistakes are made" etc etc

Yeah it's all true or whatever but it still gives me a bad feeling about where he's coming from?

I mean, that's the thing about that sort of thing right? Because of how thick and hard the posts are coming in (kekekekekke) it makes town afkers lose interest and it makes scum afkers bite back really hard and fast.

the whole town is hunt the hermonies thick and hard and hard and fast kekekekekkekekeekekekekkeke

So maybe this isn't exactly the best way to see this thing, but like, I think that most of the people who are settling into heavy lurking (including me, before I was prodded a fuckton) are actually pretty low impact town roles?

hurrdurr lungs is giving space for scum to afk or something

Unvote

Vote Menace

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Citrus had the mad urge to check my phone all night but it was just me and a buddy. Seemed a little rude.

Jan, who's the second half of your post referring to?