1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #7 - Concussion Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, May 5, 2016.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Proph, do you think that with proper participation from the three of us that we'll get this all resolved and wrapped up tonight?

I might need to be busy with irl stuff tomorrow and I'd hate for it to be during a crucial F3.

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I don't want to rush - in all of the F3 situations I've seen, the ones that were most successful is when everyone involved took their time and made the correct decision.

It's fine if you're busy, your big post was more than enough.

Want to hear more from Acio at this point.

3. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I said later as in tomorrow later

But I'll give you a short one just from today's posts

Read the second one especially that one comes from the mindset that knows you're town but he tripped up because it's F3 and he tried not to come off too aggressive.

I'm not making a towncase though that's pointless and dumb.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay, cool. Sounds good to me.

I'll be on for the next few hours, at least. And tomorrow I'll try to pop in at appropriate times. I'm just worried about him swaying your vote when I'm not around to properly defend myself.

Just let me know if you think you've heard enough from him and at least give me a chance to respond before voting me, if that's alright? If that winds up being your decision.

---------- Post automerged at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

That's lazy Acio. At least pull from shit that happened before like 30 minutes ago lolol.

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Acio why was there not a kill Night 2? Do you think Cobalt intentionally no killed to set up his doc falseclaim?

6. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Golly gee willikers I guess he didn't what are you /on/ asking this question

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Help me out here please.

I'm trying to imagine the wild conga line Cobalt takes for himself as scum over just you. Occam's razor and all that.

8. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Seriously wtf are you trying with that question do you think I'm going to say anything other than "yes he fucking no-killed to set up the doc claim"

what other world exists other than you dragging the game out to be the most massive troll

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Again: what other world exists there is no mechanical world where I'm town and he didn't no kill you know this and I don't even get what else you could envision happening

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Perhaps forming a reasonable answer instead of getting salty and argumentative will help your case, Acio.

But I mean, I'd be irritated too if I made it this far as scum after a shitty early game from my teammates and then it looked like I might lose. Lol.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah I understand that; obviously from your perspective (if you're town) you know that Cobalt is 100% scum here, but I'm weighing the two and coming to a decision.

I was hoping you would construct a plausible chain of events for me to ruminate on in the scum!Cobalt world, since you know he's scum.

11. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I do not remotely fucking get what you're looking for here; you know what my perspective is anything more than that is pointless because if I'm scum I can just hack together whatever makes it look the most plausible

I don't really want to do an actual case since it's the same useless deal this shit is up to you now the only thing remaining is salesmanship

---------- Post automerged at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

To clarify: I /will/ do the actual case

But frankly that's only happening because confirming you town by default leaves me the most responsible for a loss now

---------- Post automerged at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

|||||||||||||
    |||||||||||\|
    ||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||

This is the dumbest fucking thing

Proph I see you and you're presumably rereading: when you get to cobalt on day two-three take note of him townreading me and newcomb and never explaining it beyond half a sentence

Also look at his reaction to my theoryquestion on why citrus was town his response doesn't walk through anything he just goes "meh distancing"

---------- Post automerged at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Also note his early constant comments on sloth/von being shit because he's salty right from the get go

---------- Post automerged at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

And wailing "YOU WANT TO LYNCH A CLAIMED DOC" again and again on top of the considerably unnecessary level of self-preservation he shows when he claims

The game was effectively "solved" at the time but he's throwing layer after layer even though he'd have to be blind as fuck to not realize that he was in the poe at the time. And on top of that he's townreading every one of the active players

The only way that's a reasonable town mindset in that situation is a player heavily invested in the game and his attitude prior to all of this is shrugging disinterest except when citrus sets himself up.

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------
    Prophylaxis whether you're following up on this or not please post so it stops automerging I want this semi-readable if I have to do it

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeah, you're right Acio, I just assumed you and Newcomb were both town without questioning it at all.

*eyeroll*

13. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Say whatever you like but stop addressing me directly

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Why does this even matter? Lmao. You're scum. I can say what I want.

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Whatever. If we lose here, we lose here. I knew I was always going down in F3. At least I tried my hardest. Can't really say the same about Acio.

15. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    There's not a lot more to be said here I think beyond that cobalt's play through the game has been heavily self-interested; repeated wailing about being the doc and being confirmable; most of his cases throughout the game have leaned heavily on mechanics

Right at the doc-claim you can see him approaching the game from a "this will be a mislynch" perspective. He should be confident in the game ending at that point and like I pointed out the self-protect claim doesn't come from a town perspective it comes from a "scum thinks this will sound clever and helpful perspective" (for a reminder: if an actual doctor had a self protect then the best play there is claiming doctor and then laughing to the bank when scum bounces off the SP)

Other than that there's the repeated well-poisonings "If I'm in F3 we lose boo hoo hoo" and the stage a little bit earlier where he goes from "I can't believe acio is a scum masonizer" to "scum masonizer jack is a possibility but I don't believe it" (I noted that a while back because he avoided any direct fights with me throughout the game other than yelling DOC DOC DOC when I had issues with him earlier)

I think that's mostly it? I can slog through for the sake of bringing the necessary quotes but shrug?

Oh there is one more thing: His casepost "I can present evidence he's not playing honestly" because that's the sort of thing you're supposed to have in a case

---------- Post automerged at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

|||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||
    \||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||

Fuck it this is worth actually dissecting and also a handful of quotes from when I was considering multiquotes before it got messy

Yeah that wonderful moment where he wants me/newcomb to expand on fucking kai as if there's something to be found and that whole affair wasn't just him trying to project ~careful and thinking~

I'm just asking questions and also announcing what I'm doing as if this isn't trying to look busy

Thinks he's clever.

Thing one go for by all means.

Worth noting because it's focusing heavily on countering the town assumptions there. It's not giving a motivation .

Shrug, works.

This is more just laying out how me being scum can work, no motivations. Also trust the dead person.

Stuff for himself, shrug.

Leading questions and more "how I could work as scum" and not "why"

"Did I mention I'm a doc I'm a doc"

But yeah once more with feeling

Compare this to how much he actually presents for why I'm scum vs how I could be.

---------- Post automerged at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Oh hey with even more feeling:

[size=large]
    [/size]

"Can clearly see" when THE GAME'S GODDAMN SOLVED FROM HIS PERSPECTIVE. And he doesn't have an excuse of not seeing you vote without a hammer.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I see your case, Acio. Thanks.

Going to take a look at it in a bit

17. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    One more for the road: compare his case on me with his deal with citrus and he does basically the same thing, he focuses on how citrus could have been scum and more or less brushes off interactions

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

You spent a lot of time summarizing my case without actually substantially refuting any of it, Acio. But okay, you do you boo boo.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Just some reread stream of consciousness, note that it'll focus a fair bit on Acio since he actually played Day 1.

Does Sloth ask this question to a buddy? "Who's the biggest threat as scum to you" let's see if Sloth follows up on this?

Worth noting that Acio was pushing on Titus D1 - Titus would be a weird nightkill if Acio was still pushing her.

Acio questions demon and miner; Acio follows up on the question to demonturtle.

miner doesn't answer Acio's question (What's your feel on titus/citrus this game).

Arrrgh does Acio handle this credit to a scumbuddy?

This post felt weird when I read it mostly because it's Silver Rage (Getting mad that you couldn't do something townie) but he's tying himself pretty closely to Sloth here.

Acio doesn't follow up with miner (though he mentions it later) and coaches Jason.

Also I feel kind of bad here for lynching miner since he was pretty obvious newb!town here.

One of the few Snowvon/Acio interactions
    This is pretty town - rallying others to vote you. I've done this as town in the past.
    This is also another Acio interaction post from Sloth. Acio keeps ignoring the "who is most experienced as scum" question.

??????? is this a scum interaction

---------- Post automerged at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I think this is somewhat relevant, since Acio's response on his very first post was a flat answer back at Sloth about his (Acio's) experience. Acio's aggressiveness later on in that page kind of throws this in for a loop, though.

Here we have some Newcomb/Acio interactions which are fine, I guess.
    I remember in WH13 Snowvon townread LTH for forgetting the game started, and I'm kind of getting a similar feel here? Like, this reads as very breezy, and while I don't have any scum data on Cobalt I'd be honestly surprised if he kept up this breeziness while his team is being slaughtered.
    Makes some sense in a doc!Cobalt world? "Hey, I have a power role; is this setup role madness?"
    Gonna check to see if Snowvon actually buddies with Acio or this is just a false positive.
    This is a thing, gonna reread to see what Sloth has to say about Acio again.
    Acio puts another reason to scumread Sloth.

And I just finished page 3, and honestly not getting much from Acio's posts. It's mostly just a lot of talking with Newcomb, and coalescence with the gamestate.

Gonna keep reading a bit later, do a pro-cons list/summary-verdict, maybe ask some questions, then cast my vote.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Tag me when you need me, I'm otherwise occupied but will check my phone for email alerts.

---------- Post automerged at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

*if/when you need me