1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There's an option to export all the ROM's data into an easy-to-read text file, so I looked it up. You'd stay grass type when you evolve.

Cool to have you onboard the paletteswaplocke!

There's an option to stop that sort of nonsense from happening - 'ensure lv.1 attacks do damage'. If a Pokemon doesn't learn any attack moves, the first one will be tackle.

2. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

So, decided to boot up a nuzlocke round using Palindromes randomizer. Not going to post it without the time due to school but...

[​IMG]

This might be the most badass pokemon ever. Especially once it evolves.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is there an option to have regular Pokemon show up where they usually should but random typing?

Also, if Seratin the Abra is Dark Type, will all Abra in the game be Dark?

Between this and Fire Red Omega I'm chomping at the bit to be done with Ruby. As much as I'm enjoying the game, there's just so many possibilities.

4. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yes to both. You can choose to randomise Pokemon types and palettes without making random Pokemon appear in routes or trainer battles.

Here's what the interface looks like (and the settings for my run):

[​IMG]

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Reading all of these is making it really tempting to start one as well, just not sure which to do first...

6. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Alright take 2.

Start off riding in the back of the truck to my new place. As soon as I get out I feel a strangeness in the air.

This is added to after I meat the neighbor girl and head north. I see a man being chased by some dog thing. When I look in his bag to help him I'm immediately struck by the wrongness of how these things look. This Dratini is pale yellow. This Hitmonchan is pale and sickly looking. And then I see the last one. The black Exeggcute. Immediately my hand is drawn to it and it let out.

The dog thing turned into a bright yellow Sableye with red eyes. The Exeggcute spits out a giant ball of sludge and it dies.

The guy says he's the professor and takes me back to his lab. He then gives me the devilish Exeggcute. I name him MattSilver.

[​IMG]

He then says that I should go meet up with his kid. I agree and leave the town. Way to the north I find her and she challenges me to a fight. I find out her name is Roaming Goof May. She has the sickly looking Hitmonchan. My demonic eggs destroy it quickly. We then head back to her dads place where I'm given a Pokedex and some Pokeballs. My mom gives me some running shoes to make it easier to move.

In the route north of town I end up running into a blue Meowth. He starts collecting sunlight so I catch him. I name him Seratin.

[​IMG]

I head even further north to where I faced May. There I run into a greenish Alakazam. Immediately she joins my team. She knows power when she sees it. I name her Vira.

[​IMG]

Seeing as there was nowhere to go from there I then headed to the west of the town. Here I run into a yellowish-orange skinned Torkoal. He joins my team and is named Oment

[​IMG]

Here I nearly run into demise as one of the trainers here has a Croconaw that knows Dragon Rage. Luckily it misses and I kill them first. At the next town I run to my dads gym to ask about the strange Pokemon in this region. We are however interrupted by a kid asking for help catching one. My dad lends him a Dodrio and I run with him to the previous route to catch something. He ends up catching a Chimecho that is purple.

Thrown off by this I heal up and head west. Here I end up running into a radioactive looking Muk. She joins the team and is named Sorrows.

[​IMG]

Team:
    MattSilver the Dragon-type Exeggcute - Horn Attack, Sludge Bomb, Sonicboom, Arm Thrust
    Seratin the Fire type Meowth - Baton Pass, Solarbeam, Whirlwind
    Vira the Ice/Steel Alakazam - Leaf Blade, Ancient Power, I forget the third move
    Oment the Dark type Torkoal - Pay Day, Gust, Iron Tail
    Sorrows the Fire/Dark Muk - Smellingsalt, Megahorn, I forget the third move

Also yeah Seratin. Every Pokemon of a species is the same.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    To the surprise of no one, I need new Pokemon. Luckily, I left some route Pokemon uncaught just for this scenario. ...Okay, maybe I was just lazy.

In the route I attempted to find a Leaf Stone in, I capture Menace the Shuppet. In the waters of Mossdeep, I fish up LT2000 the Wailmer. Then I look at my boxed Pokemon and decide. I have lots of water types and while I consider Sorrows the Sealeo for a while, I pull MattSilver the Chinchou out instead. I need the typing for Wallace. To fill the last slot, I use Menace. I’d love to have a ground-type, but this is what I get for not catching that Graveler last update.

Many trainers exist in the waters of Hoenn, but they pay no notice to me as I Surf towards them on my tiny Chinchou. Those who do see the small smile on Matt’s face or the cute handkerchief of a ghost Menace is, and ignore me, thinking me innocent. Oh, but if only they knew.

I kill them. I kill them all. Matt evolves in their blood into something more sturdy and as the hours pass and the waters turn redder, only one thing disturbs me.

When the fuck is Menace going to evolve? I had thought level 34 was a nice level to do so, but when that didn’t happen, I thought for sure it was level 36. But nooooope, level 37. Jesus, if I were more reckless this ghost Kleenex would be dead. But now he’s an evil doll and hopefully more sturdy.

There’s a lot of weird Pokemon here too. A trainer sends out a Dusclops and a Golem against me. Golem, really? I know I’m sending out a fire fox and stuff, but some Pokemon don’t belong with swimming trainers. Also, the wild Pokemon here are weird. As I was paddling to Pacificlog Town, I heard a vaguely familiar cry in the water. Kinda feminine and perked my curiosity. It turned out to be a Alohomora, and after I caught him and named him Lungs, the Pokedex told me it didn’t know what he was. Why can I catch him in the wild then if my Pokedex will throw a fit? It’s weird.

Once the newbies were at a decent level, I take flight to Mauville. Volt Switch is nice and all, but Matt is bulky and it’s wasteful for him to automatically switch out every time he wants to shock someone. I find Wattson in the middle of town and he talks a bit before wandering off. Okay, to New Mauville- wtf. Door, let me in. I have permission. Door? DOOOOOOORRR! I eventually try to track down Wattson again but didn't find him. Welp, there goes my dreams of Thunderbolt.

Time for my last badge.

My strategy for this gym is simple. Because I’m lazy and have learned nothing, I will skip all the trainers. Oh, these ice puzzles, you say? I can move diagonally, they stand no match against me. And what to do you know, I’m forced to battle one of the gym trainers and after stomping them, Matt learns Discharge. It’s destiny. What happens now is destiny.

For Wallace, I send Matt out first, expecting a Gyarados, but get a Luvdisc instead. Uh, okay. I use Discharge and kill it in one hit. Next is Milotic and after glancing at my team, I stay in. Matt isn’t level forty yet, but I make up for it with a Confuse Ray. While Milotic derps around, I kill it with a few Discharges. This is going better than I expected. Whiscash meanders over next and Font the Skarmory walls it and rips its apart. The next name to come out is one I don’t quite recognize. Poli-something? If it’s Politoed or Poliwrath, then Matt is perfect to come back out.

Instead Wallace sends out a Sealeo. K. Matt kills it in one hit and the same goes for the Seaking after it.

Well, that was anticlimactic.

With my last badge in hand, I exit the gym, swap Thaum the Dragonair for my own Sealeo and Fly to the route next to the waterfall. With a single climb, I’m at Evergrande and I switch my Pokemon back. Victory Road stands before me. It will be conquered.

At first it seems like your standard cave and I walk confidently ahead. One of the first trainers sends out a Rhyperior and I quickly switch out Matt for Font the Skarmory. A Steel Wing does maybe a quarter while the Rhyperior responds with a Stone Edge, doing more than a third and sending Font close to red. I cringe away from my screen. Stone Edges has a high critical hit rate. As I heal Font, I hear a voice at the back of my mind:

Uh, Vira, I think you’re a bit underlevelled for this area...

But I disregard it and with some tricky maneuvering with Super Potions, Font wins the day and I move on. Right after that battle and despite my repel, A Loudred knocks Matt over, a level higher than he. I recognize her instantly as poor Cheddar’s reincarnation and recapture her, stashing her away in my box. Moving right along, I eventually put Octopus the Ninetales out front because these trainers are difficult. I can’t keep switching out Matt or Menace for easy experience points. The Pokemon switching in keep getting hit hard and it doesn’t help I don’t recognize most of these French Pokemon names, making each one a mystery until they appear.

After every battle, I walk away by the skin of my teeth, healing every injury my team gets. Eventually, I descend a ladder into a dark room. Ugh, I thought the games were past this bullshit. I teach Menace Flash, thankful nothing was going on with his fourth moveslot, and carry on. By the end of Victory Road, things are beginning to look up and that’s when I remember Wally will be waiting at the end. He’ll have a Gardevoir and stuff, Pokemon like that Fairy champion in X/Y. Pretty normal then.

I put Van the Absol out front and find Wally waiting in a field of red flowers. Unlike my derp avatar and rival, the bobblehead look only makes Wally more cute. I want to take him home with me. D’aw, he’s wearing pajamas and is looking so determined.

He begins with an Altaria that Van Night Slashes into the grave. Next comes a Roselia that Octopus one-shots. Octopus stays in for the Magneton, but one Flamethrower isn’t enough and a Discharge gets him into yellow with paralysis. But I can survive one more and command Octopus to attack again, finishing the Magneton. The Delcatty is taken down by Font and then there’s one Pokemon left. I read the French name, Gallame.

Huh, that looks an awful lot like Gallade, but Gardevoir starts with a G too. Who should I send out? TMD would be perfect if he still lived, but there is no point living in the past. I can’t send out Van or Thaum because of typing, and Font isn’t good with special attacks. Octopus is hurt and Matt isn’t strong enough.

Menace, I decide, is perfect.

I send him out. Wally sends out a Gallade.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Using a Gardevoir would place Wally too close with the X/Y champion’s aesthetic. I choose to mega evolve Menace while Wally does the same and goddamn, is Mega Gallade cool. Look at that cape. I want a Gallade.

Gallade goes first, using Swords Dance, while I use Shadow Ball, doing almost half. The same thing happens again next turn and as I stare at the Gallade, the wheels in my brain turn. Menace was going to be one-shot. I think this coolly and with little regret. Menace is my newest member after all, I don't have much of an attachment. In the next turn Gallade uses Psycho Cut, killing Menace, but I’m already on it.

Van is my fastest Pokemon. One Night Slash should do the trick.

I order that move, but before I can process it, Gallade moves quicker and one Slash is enough to slice Van in two.

My mouth goes dry. That… wasn’t supposed to happen. But that’s fine. It’s okay. If speed won’t work, then defense. Font has a type advantage. Font can… Font can… Font…

I send Font out. Font is half-steel type and without hesitation, Gallade uses Close Combat. In an animation sequence that must have been designed for this moment, Gallade rushes forward, a hand going for his sword and his cape racing behind him. Font tries to fly up, but Gallade is too quick and in one motion, Font’s steel feathers shatter beneath Gallade’s blade.

I stand up in my room and a voice echoes in my head.

I warned you, Vira. You were too underlevelled. I warned you. VIRA, I WARNED YOU-

Font.

Dies.

And then there were three.

If I play this wrong, everything will end here.

Two options.

Octopus is paralyzed and won't survive a hit. Both Thaum and Matt are in perfect health, but which one? Is there even a choice? Ever since I got Thaum as a Dratini, I have protected him above everyone else. He is my pride and joy. I won’t sacrifice him for Octopus and Matt. If anyone will live it is him, so therefore, it’s up to Matt.

Matt is the lowest levelled member of my team, but he stares up at this Gallade, sparks flying around him. Discharge cannot miss. Matt just needs to live one hit.

Taking out his sword, the Gallade Slashes and a cut opens up on Matt’s body-

But Matt survives with 4HP.

The Discharge goes off. Gallade falls.

What else is there to say?

I make it to the Pokemon Center, but it is too late. It always is. Three Pokemon have died today at the worst possible time. Let us put Van and Menace aside and see the real problem. My team leader, my physical wall for such a long time, Font the Skarmory, has passed away, and as I look at the ruins of my team, I know what must occur. Only one thing can change my fate. The thing that has been on my mind this entire run, the future that was promised with a single Wonder Trade.

I need Dragonite.

Current Team.
    Thaumologist the Dragonair. L50, M. Aqua Tail, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed.
    Octopus the Ninetales. L48, M. Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Calm Mind, Will-O-Wisp.
    MattSilver the Lanturn. L41, M. Discharge, Surf, Signal Beam, Confuse Ray.

Boxed.
    Kalas the Drifloon. L1, M.
    Halt the Clampearl. L25, M.
    Lyrium the Caterpie. L2, F.
    Oment the Lunatone. L35, M.
    Sorrows the Sealeo. L34, F.
    Sera the Golbat. L31, M.
    Lungs the Alohamora. L30, M.
    Cheddar the Loudred. L39, F.

Rest in Peace.
    Kang the Silcoon. L8, M. I suppose some butterflies aren't meant to be.
    Seratin the Zubat. L12, M. You tried your best and that's all that matters.
    Tinn the Whismur. L18, F. Yeah, my bad.
    Shezza the Zigzagoon. L18, M. You did your duty.
    Aekiel the Grimer. L17, M. Couldn't you have lasted more than five minutes?
    Cheddar the Wingull. L23, F. I'll miss you. Goodbye.
    Lutris the Lombre. L26, M. Godpeed, you dancing fool.
    Mage the Serviper. L16, M. Ty, bro.
    Zenzao the Machop. L27, M. Without you, everything would have ended. Your sacrifice won’t be in vain.
    Evan the Voltorb. L25, M. I didn’t understand and that’s my fault. I should have prepared better.
    Froggie the Froginder. L29, M. Ughhhhh.
    Poytin the Gyarados. L26, M. Eh.
    TMD the Azumarill. L42, M. I took advantage of your courage and your death is on me.
    Monkey the Vileplume. L41, M. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.
    Menace the Bannette. L42, M. You had a cool Mega Evolution, don’t ever forget that.
    VanRopen the Absol. L49, M. Couldn’t you be just a little faster?
    Font the Skarmory. L48, F. You led my team for half my game. May you have eternal rest.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

This day has been painful.
    [​IMG]

9. Poytin

Ah yeah Vira. In Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire after you beat Groudon/Kyogre Pokemon from the rest of the areas start to move in. If you talk to Birch he upgrades you to National Dex. In my last Nuzlocke in the same area I caught a female Frillish after I beat Groudon.

10. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Decided to go old school to join in on this bandwagon. Randomizer Red version, from the same guy who brought the first Emerald randomizer.

Laws of the Land:
    Name all captures after quirky buddies.
    Only allowed to capture first encounter on a given route following Oak's Parcel delivery.
    KO=Release.
    Gifted pokemon may be kept.
    Legendaries must be slain on sight.

Let's get this Voltorb rolling...

[​IMG]
    Boot on up and name myself Zen and rival Rep, snatch that PC potion for good measure and after getting berated by the Professor our new starters are...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Looks like I'm stuck with the lonely Cubone, s'okay bro we'll find those thieves who killed your mother and get revenge soon enough, RIGHT?

Right?

Rep: Yo I'mma let you finish this run but first I just want to say that HYPER BEAM is the best move of all time! ALL TIME! :nyan:

..........................Run One Dead and Done..........................

Dammit Rep!

Reboot Randomizer to make sure starters change again(they don't if you don't do this as proven on Run 2 where Rehio the Dratini died to some Moltres bullshit), de-select basic only, new game go go go! Re-rename myself Red and rival Blue in the hopes of not tempting Arceus so badly, re-obtain that potion and...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Well I'm not picking the easy three-tier species, and Psyduck is too similar as an ex-water type, so welcome aboard Oment the (Ice type) Raticate.

Oment knows Absorb, Leer, and Poison Sting. Psyduck knows Blizzard and Constrict. Fortunately none of these moves are super-effective under the new typing. Unfortunately Absorb does next to nothing for health restoration. Leer, Leer, Absorb, Poison Sting the rest of the way.

Haha! Victory is ours, Oment. Let us proceed by making a pitstop at home for a full recovery from our retired Nurse Joy Mom and then murderize the first poor pokemon to look in our direction between here and Viridian!

Wild Haunter appears.

Uhm... Stomp and Bone Club? HOW?? You're not even ectoplasm, just gasses! Urgh, Poison Sting saves the day once more but not before I have to use that potion. Oment grows to level 6. I wonder if I've insulted Agatha with my declaration because on the way back what should appear but another Haunter. This one gets poisoned on the first round and decides to spam Quick Attack while I stick with our tried and trued method of everything's better with Poison™.

Once Oak has his custom pokeball and I've pestered Mom for another recovery the first few steps into the wilds yields a Dugtrio. With Earthquake. SMH. Try to take it down only to be put to 2HP while it still has a third. Pull back and heal again, no new encounter leading up to Viridian. Stock up on some supplies and remembered the Mart Kid with the free potion so back to Route 1 I go...

Wild Haunter. Agatha certainly has it out for me, but Oment knows the ropes by now and levels up to 7. It's a good thing Kanto won that war for Free Universal Healthcare and I can abuse the Pokemon Center to my heart's content, I'll have to pay my respects to Lt. Surge.

After a bit more grinding we detour toward the League gates and encounter one mean Kakuna. It blows off Poison Sting and retaliates with Seismic Toss. A couple of pokeballs later and Seratin the (Poison/Fire) Kakuna has joined our team. Fire Punch, Conversion, and Seismic Toss? Bro. Broooooo. Too OP. I love it.

Some swap-grinding later proves that Dugtrio is Ice? Fire Punch rips through it like wet tissue and Seratin evolves into a beautiful oily, burning Beedril at level 10.

I suppose we're sufficiently ready for the Viridian Forest boys. Lets mop up these scrubs.

Current Team
    Oment the Raticate, lvl 12.
    Seratin the Beedrill, lvl 10.

---------- Post automerged at 06:08 ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 ----------

As expected the BugDiglett Trainers within Viridian Forest were chump-change and went down with no threat. Seratin lead the charge and promptly slew the first Rhydon to rear its drill toward the heavens, ixnaying V.F. for captures.

Just outside of the forest as we near Pewter a curious crackling sound leads us into the grassy knolls, where what should appear but... Rehio the Electric Dratini, wielding Mega Drain and Hyper Beam. With an ominous foreboding Oment saps Rehio's health and with only a few balls spent our latest ally has joined up.

Some twenty minutes and a pile of charred earth and melting Jinxes left in our wake and we head into Pewter to crack Brock. Unfortunately his first Gym Trainer sends out a Hyperbeaming Slowbro that nearly scatters Rehio's electrons to the four winds. Swap out to Seratin and Fire Punch, but not without taking more damage than I'm comfortable with. Swap into Oment to Poison Sting his stingy Gastly then out to heal and grind a bit more.

With a confident thunder dragon nosing his way back into the Gym, our expectations of a challenge are... unfounded. 'Brock''s (Ghost?) Voltorb goes down with only a little more fight then the average Jinx, and his Ivysaur proves no match for Rehio's dynamic Waterfall. Afterwards the nervous man hands over both the Boulder Badge and a TM 34, Psywave. My suspicions that we've been had only lead 'Brock' to hasten us out of the Gym and bar the doors behind us. Has the real Gym Leader gone missing? Should I file a report to the Indigo League?

Nah.

The team is healthy and whole and we've taken our first step to knocking on Lance's door, everything else is irrelevant. Onward to Route 3 and Mt. Moon!

Rehio continues to drown the opposition. With a minor bog to disguise the trail of corpses and keep Officer Jenny at bay should all these youngsters appear in missing persons reports, at the Pokemon Center some ways on I turn down the offer for a 500 pokéyen Clefairy(everyone knows Fairies aren't real yet amirite?) with the understanding that this scoundrel is clearly an operative of some nefarious operation yet to be determined. A perfect scapegoat for my murderspree!

Who will the police believe, the young upstart trainer or the shady dealer? Huhuhu.

So Mt. Moon is easy going with an easy mind. Vira the Fire/Ice Eevee pops out of the shadows and joins up just before some guy with a moody Geodude tries to stop us. I brush off his gibberish and make note of the bright red R of his suit, but his buddy a little ways up shouts out something more about fossils and throws an Aerodactyl at us. Just when I think we're done with these lunatics a third fellow spouts out the same rhetoric and... are you kidding me?

[​IMG]

Mewtwo. His third pokemon is a legendary.... knock-off. Who ever heard of a Mewtwo weak to water? Clearly just a mutated Ditto. To appease his mad rambling afterward I accept the 'fossil' he pushes off on me. To the average eye it appears to be some sort of alien helix, and it is most disturbing to behold. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Omanyte wgah'nagl fhtagn is carved into the shell. I quickly throw it to the bottom of my bag and press on, feeling an undue anxiousness. Something may just be sleeping underneath this mountain... and we're quite deep into it.

Fresh sunlight has rarely felt so good. Skipping the grassy fields nearby we enter Cerulean City and, remembering the ease of which we obtained the Boulder Badge, I lead us into Cerulean's Gym, where the same sad trend as before plays out somewhat; 'Misty''s Gym Trainers are more of a tour de force than the supposed woman herself.

With a Dugtrio and a Poliwrath she is no match against Rehio and the Cascade Badge ebbs into our hands.

[​IMG]

As a result of all the Waterfalls splashed about 'Misty''s orange hair has begun to run and underneath all of the dye threads of black are showing.

And that strange TM 11, Fury Attack?

'Misty' shoves me out of the doors with a screech before I can inquire any further. Hm... are all of the Kanto Gym Leaders going to be imposters? This bears further consideration. The sight of a guard nearby sends me north of Cerulean to be sure to keep the heat off of our backs... up until Blue pops out and demands a rematch.

Charmeleon, Venonat, Aerodactyl, and Hitmonlee. Char goes down but not without putting Rehio low. I swap to Seratin and KO Venonat easily, but Aerodactyl manages to put up a fight. Oment comes in to take some of the pain and get the job done, but now the three heavy-hitters are all down on health.

With a heavy heart I send out Vira and use a potion on Rehio... but with a seventeen level deficient Vira tanks Doubleslap and smirks condescendingly. Swap to Rehio who finishes the job. Blue shrugs off his defeat and moseys on over to chat up the guard as I retreat for a healing session, and when I've returned to the bridge I see the two of them watching. What are you up to over there, Blue?

With the law watching we take it easy on the five man band clogging up the bridge, though the sixth ranger at the top may have been roughed up more than needed despite his attempts to convince us to part with that odd 'helix fossil' and join some cult. Definitely a wierdo.

Putting that behind us Route 25 lays wide open. Time to see what else we can rustle up.

Current Team.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Hearthome - Veilstone: Legendaries for everyone except me.

While waiting (in RL) for some helpdesk, I decide to hatch the egg. I get it to within about 100 steps of hatching while listening to muzak, and out comes a Finneon. Not going to be used under gift rules, and not even useful for something except making sure I’ve seen one. This does mean I currently have no Pokémon eligible for Amity Square, which is mildly inconvenient.

A Skarmory escapes my Pokéballs (all fucking 15 of them), and after restocking on Great Balls, I head over to the Lost Tower, where I… coerce Fontisian the Marowak to join the crew. Then I get out, because the upper levels are foggy and I have no intention of fighting through fog. In regular Nuzlockes, I am fine with just brute forcing it, but when every encounter can be an Arceus… Yeah.

We enter Solaceon, find out that today’s Pokémon is a Luxray, and head to the ruins for items and Defog. The catch is yet another Legendary, though this one is 1. Actually somewhat easy to deal with and 2. I now have Dusk Balls. I allot 5 of them to this. Still, Cresselia is too wily to be caught, and so it dies. As does the Ho-Oh I find on route 210, and when I reach the route 215 grass, the Legendary music starts up. AGAIN.

Oh. Oh. Okay, I can live with this. I add MattSilver the Rotom to the team. Sure, I can’t change the forme, but I’ve never ever used a Rotom before. This’ll be fun.

Two steps down I find a Lugia.

I go back for a bit to do some trainers I had skipped, Exp. Share on Rotom, and get a big scare when a Garchomp pops out. Vira pulls through – again – with a Water Pulse confuse, and Minion Aurora Beams it down. There’s a Latias somewhere as well, and I head up Lost Tower for more experience, and after that, it’s route 210 time, where Aekiel takes out a Dialga in a one-on-one. I have a feeling I’m overdue for Giratina now, but I’d be happy if it could wait a few more levels. I know what moves are coming up.

What happens on route 215 is the stuff of legends. I’ll let Interviewer Roxy speak for me.

Party:
    Minion
    the Octillery, L28, M. BubbleBeam, Constrict, Psybeam, Aurora Beam.
    Vira the Seaking, L27, F. Peck, Horn Attack, Supersonic, Water Pulse.
    Drome the Meganium, L28, F. Cut, Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Poisonpowder.
    Aekiel the Hitmonchan, L29, M. Rock Smash, Pursuit, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch.
    GLaDOS the Porygon-Z, L28. Nasty Plot, Psybeam, Agility, Recover.
    MattSilver the Rotom, L28. Shock Wave, Confuse Ray, Uproar, Double Team.

Reserve squad:
    Zenzao the Xatu, L26, M. Peck, Night Shade, Confuse Ray, Defog.
    Seratin the Hariyama, L22, M. SmellingSalt, Rock Smash, Sand Attack, Vital Throw.
    Fontisian the Marowak, L20, F. Bone Club, Headbutt, Leer, Focus Energy.

Residents of the Lost Tower:
    Republic
    the Larvitar, L5, M. Have a mint, Giratina, please.
    Zeelthor the Glalie, L18, M. Ice did not suffice.
    Naeblis the Typhlosion, L21, M. Thanks for glitching the Matrix for me so that the run may continue.

Legendaries encountered: 7 (30 total)

Feeling redeemed yet, @Aekiel?

12. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes, destroy them all. We are going to wreck this league.

This thread has become amazing the last few days. So damn entertaining.

It's so damn tempting to start up my own, but I was in the middle of playing Uranium... Man, Uranium's fun but not amazing. Too tempting, damn. Need to find a centralized guide to how to start one of these up, now. There's a lot of info in this thread but it feels a tad scattered.

13. Seratin

High Score:

What exactly do you need to know?

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oment I take full credit for this momentous win.

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I still had any thumbs to give, man. Great stuff!

Oh yeah. Only thing I'm really iffy about is raising an even team in Gen I. I'm used to hitching my star to a particular wagon and riding it all the way to 100, and the mystery typing on some of the enemies here can be trouble(as was the case against Blue).

----------------

Heading forward I am reminded that my team is, despite our success so far, not invulnerable. A bit of carelessness on my part near the end of the trainers sprouting up like rabid Oddish, with no potions on hand, puts the entire team into jeopardy. We barely escape from a four-strong hiker and retreat back, but in my haste we stumble into the grass nearby and awaken the wroth of one Aekiel the (Fighting/Ghost) Voltorb. Fortunately Rehio is out front to Mega Drain Aek's health and Aek in turn only resorts to Bind instead of Headbutt, allowing for a one-throw capture while otherwise distracted.

After a bit more caution we heal up in Cerulean and I stock up on some much needed supplies. Blue has apparently finished chatting up the guard who continues eying me suspiciously but doesn't make any threatening moves, like sending a pack of Growlithes after my head or radioing his comrades, so back across the bridge to clean up my prior mistakes.

We detour briefly to acquire TM 19, Dragonbreath. Now Vira already knows Dragon Claw and Horn Drill, but Rehio is sorely lacking. On the other hand I've found that many trainers are wielding Fire types despite their appearances and Waterfall+Crabhammer have been mighty good to me so far. I suppose I'll wait and see if Vira develops a useful ice type move before spending the TM.

Returning to the initial task at hand, the remainder of the lurking masses are approached. I can't help but note that this far back they've fallen rather mute and give off a substantial reek, shuffling about in place more so than charging forward as so many before them have. To be sure Seratin Fire Punches them, their pokemon, and the twitching corpses until all that remains is a bonfire baptism, which Rehio soon douses least the good officers of Cerulean catch wind of the smoke and ashes.

With the field thoroughly cleared ahead I spy a derelict house. Possibly the source of the aforementioned oddities. Hm... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The doors are boarded up but the windows are broken and stained in varying hues of red and brown, almost as if someone or somethings crawled out. A faint scuttling within has my nerves on high alert and with caution I order Rehio to smash down the remainder of the nearest window.

At once a vile shriek erupts, and out of the darkness a ghastly beast, some horrible blend of man and a furry marshmallow, shuffles forward and blows past Rehio. The abomination crashes into me and we skid across the ground up against the edges of a stinking pond, and as I try to shake it loose it opens its melted, gummy mouth.

h͏E͚̫͈͇̱ͅL͖͍P̭̳̺̮̼̘͈m̵͈̳̱e͉Ḫ̹͓̤̻̺͢H̫͚͚̜̺̳̙͝H̟̻̞̤͓.͏̣͙͉.̗.̯͉̻̗̪̝͜
    ͇̦w͈̟͇͎̜̩a̭͚̮̪̮I̢̩͉̭̟Į̩̜͚̹͉̤Ị́I̯̫̩̭͞I̺͎̥̘̪̻̦i͖̝ii҉̩̣̜i҉̲̮i͎̼t̼͎̞͕͟.̰͙͍̜͙.̭͎̼͎̀.͙́
    ̶̮̰̼̣T͍HA̴̝T͔͉͢!̢͉͎͓̭͇̠͔
    ̬͉̰̟T͉͙̟͉̲̘H̙͉̲̤͍͚́A͏̗̙̳̪̯̬Ṭ̤̰̪̯̕ͅ!̠̦͓͎
    ̳̙̤̟̮͇G̤̲̩̪͢I̝̱̩̦̕V̰̝ͅȨ̞̹̣̫͖i̧͕̻̙̲̹ͅt͇̺̩̥t͖̕ọ̩̤̗̜̹̺m̨m̘̝̲͔͖͟m̵̤͚̫͙͉m̪͔͖m̺̱̫̺̝̼mm̷̯̪͎̞̖ͅme͔͡h̟̺͘ͅ!̮̳͓̤̜̻̕

What in hell?

Rehio blows it away before it can do much more than claw at my jacket and pack and ooze across my cap, and Mew-be-thanked that it did not break my skin. After a thorough examination to be certain of that fact, we find what remains of the thing twitching in the pond scum, one crisscrossed eye blinking erratically. I don't know if this thing can mutate any further but I'm not taking chances. Rehio and Seratin join forces to raze it.

Not taking any more chances the house is likewise burned to the ground, and this time I have no problem letting it burn until the law arrives... but we won't be here to explain. Some secrets are better left with the dead. We hightail it down a winding path nearby and retreat to Cerulean, and in the grass nearby I find a broken mailbox. A lone envelope fluttering inside is too tempting to ignore and I discover a voucher for a Vermilion City cruise.

Well, I've got no plans to depart Kanto right now but after what just happened, a trip to the Sevii Islands to relax might just be needed.

Once we return to Cerulean City the same guard takes one look at my state and decides that enough is enough and marches on over. You want to take me in for questioning...? Look man, I haven't done anything wrong. I certainly haven't been executing wild pokemon enmasse, but those shady thugs back in Mt. Moon bear some scrutiny, I swear.

Uhm. Do I have anything to declare?

Sure...

Have a look at this 'helix fossil'...

[​IMG]

Where in the world did that idea come from? I look down at the object in my hand and quickly get that same anxiousness, so back to the bottom of my bag it goes.

Oh crap. It's another of those cult guys dashing forward like a madman. He tries to shake me down, muttering all the while some strangely familiar chant. He goes down swiftly and feeling the eyes of the general public, I decide that this trail is bad enough. Time to head further south and quite possibly redeem that voucher.

We take the easy underground network to emerge just up from Vermilion City, and the few trainers huddling in the grass pose no danger. Rehio wipes the floor and evolves into a majestic electric Dragonair.

After another heal I prepare to say goodbye to Kanto temporarily and approach the docks. Security is surprisingly lax and allows me to gain access with hardly a second glance at the voucher. Once on board the atmosphere is charged with a sense of combat, and the first few steps sees me dragged into the dregs of a group of bored trainers.

To my surprise and distaste they're surprisingly adept at battling. When we've scraped through from a few bad type encounters one passenger informs us that the ship should have set sail hours ago and the going rumor is that the captain is ill and awaiting medicine from some far away place called Cianwood City. I decide to lead us back to shore and heal up, then test out the grassy fields east of Vermilion for a time. It is there that Rep the (Fighting/Rock) Weezing rears up and belches at us. He is soon subdued and captured, and for the first time I have a full team!

Conveniently I also now have a sacrifice should I so need one, though I'm sure his Substitute will make that a trifling matter.

Current Team.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How in the hell does a Voltorb bind anything?

17. Seratin

High Score:
    Voltorb's major asset is it's blinding speed. It simply rolls a circle around the opposing Pokemon so fast that it creates a loop of air current moving so fast it becomes physical and binds the opponent.

:sherlock:

18. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Figured out the emulation stuff easily enough. Kinda want to compile it all into an easy guide because that's what I wanted when I started out, but lazy.

Which is probably why one wasn't around for me to use.

I am the prettiest Dragonair.

19. Poytin

I continue on my journey by heading into the nearby woods because I was always encouraged to go into them as a kid without a way to get back. It doesn't take me long to be accosted by another strange Pokemon of this region. He looks like he might be slightly useful to me so I catch him and name him Font.

[​IMG]

I fought through a weird trainer with four Bulbasaur and then was accosted by some green jacketed guy looking for a Pokemon. We were then both accosted by some costumed guy with a Speed Boost Farfetch'd with Super Fang. I quickly destroy it and the green jacket guy gives me a Great Ball then runs off. Weirdo.

I manage my way through the rest of the Woods and end up at another town. I see there's a Pokemon Gym here and I think, "I might as well." However I know that gyms are strong and this place is weird so I head north and then east to find another area to train. When I get there I get jumped by a Pokemon and throw a Pokeball out of reflex. Welcome to the team TMD.

[​IMG]

Further along the route I see a cave and decide to poke my head in. Almost immediately I'm jumped by another Pokemon. She seems eager so she also gets a Pokeball over the head. Hi there Palindrome.

[​IMG]

After training for a while I decide to take on the gym. I was not prepared.

[​IMG]

Roxanne was deadly with her team. She had two Walreins with Surf and Rocksmash. She also had a Ghost type Charizard with Arena Trap and Dragonbreath. I barely made it through the fight with any of my Pokemon left. Goodbye MattSilver. You were less terrifying than I thought you were going to be. Goodbey Oment. You made me so much extra money.

As I leave the gym with the bodies of my compatriots I see the same costumed guy from before running from the building across the street. He's then followed by the green jacketed guy yelling his head off. I'll deal with you all later. I have a funeral to attend.

After a beautiful ceremony I follow after the two chuckleheads. The green jacketed guy is standing in the middle of the road and grabs me again as I walk up asking for help. Apparently the costumed guy stole something. Sure buddy I'll help. Why not. I head along and I see an old man next to the cave entrance crying. He tells me the costumed guy stole his Pokemon that is his only friend. That's just not kosher. I walk in and beat the crap out of the guy. The old man declares that he'll help me with anything I ever need as he hugs his bird.

On the way back the green jacketed guy gives me another Great ball and then says that I should meet his boss. Why not. I seem to be doing everything around here. Might as well.

I get asked to deliver a couple of things on an island to the south and then another large city halfway across the continent. They said that a Mr. Briney could take me to them on his boat. I shrug and leave. On my way out town May decides she wants to fight. After that brief detour I make my way to Mr. Briney's house. I enter the building and it's the old man I helped. How uncanny.

He takes me to Dewford Town. There I talk to a fisherman who gives me a fishing pole. Sweet. A way to keep myself fed. I fished off of the beach and instead of something to eat up popped a Pokemon. Well then you should probably get caught. Welcome Zenzao.

[​IMG]

I head up and around to the cave where I'm told Steven will be. Up pops another Pokemon that looks like it belongs there. Smiling slightly I catch him. Welcome to the team Monkey

[​IMG]

I make my way through the cave and run into Steven. He accepts the letter with aplomb and gives me his favorite move in the world. Tri Attack. I then decide to challenge the gym here. Hopefully I'm more prepared than I was for the last one. The place is dark and people keep jumping out of the darkness with flying kicks and punches. They get what they deserve with their broken bones and Pokemon. I then find the gym leader at the end.

It's a hard fought battle. Brawly's team is made of a Shiftry, a Lapras, and an Ariados. The Ariados is his strongest Pokemon and also a Ghost type. I'm starting to sense a theme in these Hoenn gyms. Despite the typing and strength of his Pokemon I manage to fight through without losing any team members this time.

Team:
    Palindrome the Grass type Machop Lvl 21 - Torment, Peck, Bone Club, Sheer Cold
    Monkey the Dragon type Rhyhorn Lvl 20 - Slash, Calm Mind, Psych Up, Rock Tomb
    Sorrows the Fire/Dark Muk Lvl 18 - SmellingSalt, SolarBeam, Megahorn, Crunch
    Font the Ground/Poison Houndour Lvl 18 - Lovely Kiss, Eruption, Recover, Thundershock
    Vira the Ice/Steel Alakazam Lvl 18 - Skill Swap, Ancient Power, Leaf Blade, Detect
    TMD the Electric type Elekid Lvl 18 - Sludge, Drill Peck, Mud Sport, Glare

In the box sadly:
    Seratin the Fire type Meowth Lvl 15 - Cut, Solarbeam, Whirlwind, Headbutt
    Zenzao the Dark/Bug Swinub Lvl 8 - Blaze Kick, Whirlwind

Dead:
    MattSilver the Dragon type Exeggcute
    Oment the Dark type Torkoal

Also fun fact. Cacophony does not work since it was never actually in a game. This was shown when Matt was hit by Uproar and Hyper Voice on separate occasions.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  20. Seratin

High Score:
    Last time...

We lost a promising young recruit and the curse of Mattsilver continued.

Steelbadger brought Winona down to earth.
    Vira displayed the devastating force of the Alakazite in Mt. Pyre...

And on the summit Omentwo wiped out the Team Aqua forces allowing me to grab the Red Orb.

Fletchinder immediately flies us to Slateport and I move to intercept Team Aqua at the port but alas, too late. Archie hops in the sub and dashes off while Omentwo slaps Shelly's Carvanha around a bit.

No matter, we're teleported to Slateport almost instantly after them and I run for the coast, aiming for Aqua's lair.

Dammit. No surfer. I turn around and head for the PC to pick up Shitheap the Luvdisc when I think to myself, "Wait, Lilycove is a new area... I can fish here.

I need a decent water type to surf around with for the last section of the game and there's noway I'm relying on Shitheap. I only have a good rod but I figure good enough and cast out, praying to all the hax gods for a Wailmer.

[​IMG]

This beast pops up. I sigh but it's lvl 19 and as far as I'm concerned, Gyarados is well worth it. I ball it, name it Cheddar and switch on Exp share until it evolves. It does that very shortly and I slap surf on it.

It goes in the back of the party while I take on the Aqua HQ. Its's a standard Team hideout, lots of teleport pads and dark type Pokemon. Literally the only thing of note that happens is when I encounter an Electrode that I try to run from and end up having Omentwo eat a selfdestruct from a lvl 40 landmine.

He lives. Barely. Fuck that shit, I don't need this stress. D:

I pick up the Master ball hidden behind it, beat down Matt with ease and exit the hideout in Pursuit of the escaping Archie.

I leave Lilycove and the first pokemon I meet is a Tentacruel I catch and name Fontisian.

Now. Onwards to Shoal cave where I hope to pick up a spheal. That line is one of my favourites and would solve a lot for me. Bang. As soon as I enter the cave I get hit in the face by one other than...

[​IMG]

We shall name you Better Vlad.

What follows is a bit of grinding and not much else until I feel I'm ready. I head to Mossdeep Gym where I switch my now lvl 35 Cheddar to the front. It's a bit under levelled but then again I have a surprise.

[​IMG]

FEAR THE DARK TYPE RAGE YOU PSYCHIC FUCKS.

I ignore the pointed stares of Vira and Tarsal and proceed to sweep the gym with Cheddar and Drome.

Under leveled as Cheddar was, neither it or Drome took a single HP point of damage in the gym battle.

I'm starting to think this game has gotten too easy.

I exit the gym and get knocked on my ass as a huge beam of light explodes from the southern seas into the night sky. Steven runs over and invites me into his house for Tea and rock cakes to explain what was happening.

I sigh. Time to go save the world.

I surf south and find the ruins where Kyogre hides. IT TAKES FUCKING FOREVER TO FIND THAT PLACE. Lots of repels were used.

Cheddar and Omentwo take the lead and wipe the grunts out. I find Archie cackling madly who threatens me with mega evolution but his laughs are cut short when I wipe his team inside sixty seconds.

We go outside into the rain and Archie realises what he's done.

He fucks off to seppuku and leaves me to my date with Primal Kyogre.

It's tough when you're the best.

Current Team

Drome the Exploud
    - lvl 48 Female
    - Crunch, Strength, Screech, Rock Smash.

Steelbadger the Rhydon - lvl 49 Female
    - Earthquake, Smack down, Stone edge, Iron tail

Tarsal the Gardevoir - lvl 51 Male
    - Psychic, Dazzling Gleam,Calm mind, Magical Leaf

Omentwo the Machamp - lvl 46 Male
    - Fire punch, rock tomb, dual chop, Wake-up slap

Vira the Alakazam - lvl 49 Female
    - Psychic, reflect, Calm mind, Psybeam

Cheddar the Gyarados - lvl 41 Female
    - Crunch, Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Surf

In Hades

Lord Raven the Taillow