1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and The Dark Knight by Denial and Deception - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by The Mysterious Nobody, Aug 26, 2008.

1. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Title: Harry Potter and The Dark Knight
    Author: Denial and Deception
    Rating: M
    Genre: Horror/Angst (Crossover)
    DLP Category: Dark Arts/Azkaban Fics/The Alternates
    Pairing: No main pairing
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 43,603
    Updated: April 19, 2009
    Published: August 23, 2008

Summary: Madness is like gravity, all you need is a little push...Dark!Harry, Evil!Harry, Azkaban,Rated M for violence, You knew someone would do this eventually...

Link : Fanfiction.net

This fic was posted by Palver in the "Dark Knight/Batman Begins Crossovers" thread. It only has 3 chapters so far, but the writing is good and the story seems to flow nicely. Great characterization, well done and is a fun read. Plus, it has an awesome update rate that I hope it maintains; almost an update every day.

The plot is the only thing that makes me doubtful, as the author expressed his intention to make an "adaptation" of the movie into the HP universe rather than his own original plot, so I'm fearing that this will turn into a Joker wank fic and a quote-fest. Malfoy as Dent and Neville as Wayne? Strangely enough, it's worked pretty well until now, but i don't know if it will last.

4'5/5 for now.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot the rating in the title of the thread. Could the Admins put it there by any chance?

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Well, it kept me reading.

I found the quotes from the film to be annoying but they aren't as frequent as they could be.

Anyway, 3/5 for now. I'm not giving it more until the story's done.

3. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

I have similar concerns. As far as the rating is concerned, it's too early for me to rate it. Yet it is interesting at the moment.

4. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

What I said about it in the Dark Knight thread. As for the adaption concerns- read the AN at the top of chp 3.

4/5 for now, might go up if the quality remains the same.

5. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Pretty fucking excellent. Picturing a Harry Potter whose mind was twisted enough to do this...to become this...is almost orgasmic. I'm looking forward to reading Why...So...Sirius ?

Amazing first three chapters, but I'm going to wait to rate.

6. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

This story rubs me the wrong way, I don't know why but I don't really care.

1/5

7. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I very much loved the fic. Was awesome.

8. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Except the parts when people cry over Harry's fate, this story is sweet.

But the ending of chapter 3 was totally fucking awesome!

9. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

There is no such thing as magic

Nice. I'm really liking where this is heading.

10. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    A little too much crying for everyone, but it was understandable. At first the writing seemed corny, however, it does grow on you. I liked it so far. Too early to rate, but if I had to, it would be a 3.5-4/5

11. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It does seem corny, but then, so did the movie.

I absolutely love this. I really hope that more attention is given to Harry from here on, though.

12. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Great so far - End of chapter 3, amazing. Just imagine him getting with Bella the insaneness
    Problems - Eh do they age or what? Remus, Snape, Sirius and Dumbledore didn't age at all it seemed?

3/5 for now

13. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

Remus, Snape and Sirius were pretty young for wizards in canon, actually. And I personally don't care if she doesn't spend 3 paragraphs describing them, as we know what they look like.

As for pairings, I bet Harry/Luna. Think about it, who would make a better Harley Quinn then Luna?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  14. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Agreed Lorelei, I just said that to my friend. Bellatrix is the right mindset but Luna's not exactly sane & she fits Harley more than Bellatrix does. Saying that..

Much as it seemed to take large chunks from Dark Knight, it stands alone, just not sure how, but it does.

The authors method of Harry turning into the Joker was in my eyes, brilliantly done, as were the following two chapters. I felt the second chapter was missing something though..

As for the third one well, again, surprised, but I'm most certainly looking forward to the third one and shall be keeping my eyes open..

** Spoiler - Since I can't do these yet, not sure how =P **

He lifted his darkened-gloved hand and began writing on the glass…the writing appeared in red…blood red…Ripper’s blood…

There’s…no…such…thing…as…magic..

I quite literally shivered at this part, it just fit perfectly with the scene & i could almost see it happening on the window next to me.

I'm not sure how high i'd rate it, probably between 3.5 - 4 for now though. As long as it's updated often & the Author can stick to this writing style while keeping the quotes in line and not over the top, I can see this doing well.
    <!-- / message -->

15. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I have mixed feelings on this. It's well written and I like how Harry is acting. On the other hand, I feel like the Batman elements of this story are unnecessary. Harry can go crazy in Azkaban without becoming the Joker...just an intelligent psycho. I really don't like Harvey Dent Draco.

3.5/5 for taking a well-written story and jamming an unnecessary fusion into it.

16. Dirk Diggory

Dirk Diggory Seventh Year

Bizarrely, this Harry is more realistic than the one in most Azkaban fics. Most people go insane after several years of solitary confinement in real life. EVERYONE would go insane after ten years of solitary confinement + constant torture.

I just hope Harry is the protagonist, because Neville as Batman does nothing for me at all.

17. azrael

azrael Professor

The first chapter was a little hard to follow, with the warden going through his mood swings, and then later there was far too much crying from Harry's friends, but Chapter 3 was full of fucking win. As of now, I would give this 4/5.

18. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

The third chapter moves the story from "interesting potential" to must read. The angst gets dialed down, and the Harry elements change from direct Dark Knight ripoffs to original but creepy stuff.

I'm looking forward to the twins taking on the scarecrow type role.

19. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Gotta love the Joker, and how he's already started to present Scylla or Charybdis choices.

20. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Liked it so far, got abit tired of everone crying over Harrys fate though. 3-4/5 at the moment I think. If Nevile ends up being batman the rating will drop dramatically.