1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Meaning of the Name by Lady Salazar - K+

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by yojorocks, Feb 27, 2007.

1. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Title: The Meaning of the Name
    Genre: General
    Rating: Fiction Rated: K+
    Category: General
    DLP Category: Dark Arts
    Chapters: 5
    Words: 23,605
    Updated: June 3, 2007
    Published: February 17, 2007

Summary: What if Harry had been an heir of Slytherin? How could that have changed the events in the Chamber of Secrets?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3399769/1/

A bit early, but the prologue looks very nice; definitely something to keep your eyes on. Hope you enjoy.
    You won't see any H/G; Ginny's fate is cruel but very nicely done. With her out of the way for years, and even once she recovers being that far behind, Harry will probably never have contact with her again. And with Salazar in Harry's head, Riddle's magic absorbed by Harry, and the basilisk still wandering around under Harry's control, there is no way this can not be a darkfic.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 24 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  2. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

It's not bad, but it really doesn't grab me, doesn't stand out from the crowd of stories that are almost exactly like this. 3/5

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This is pretty interesting and a good find. I'll be keeping my eyes on this for updates. Hopefully, it won't spiral out of control like other 'Salazar-Harry' stories.

4. kit

kit Second Year

I liked this alot! This could be a great AU type thingy. I like the way Harry experiances Salazar.

5. Ranatama

Ranatama Squib

Personally, I found it to be interesting. This is the first time I have seen Harry have Salazar in his head at that young of an age. It does leave a lot of room for Harry to become something that DLP will appreciate.

That being said, at this point I would give it 4/5, but it is entirely possible that it could end up being terrible. So, until a few more chapters have been written, I think I'll wait on voting on it.

6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I like it quite a bit so far. I just hope they don't use his wand going bad as a way to give him a staff or some other horribly clichéd thing like a custom wand.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yeah, I've seen this a week ago. A nice start, but that's about it. Way too early to tell how this fic will turn out.

8. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Good writing style. Only problem is that I think that Harry would be far more suspicious of Salazar (remember that he's been brainwashed to hate Slytherin). It's ironic when he says he'd never pour his soul out to a person in a book after doing this to a person in his head.

And the first Salazar/Harry story I've seen in a long time. Too long to be counted. It's sad that my favorite idea is nearly nonexistent in HP fandom - and I've read all the other fics with it a long, long time ago.

Great find, yojorocks.

9. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I honestly enjoyed this.

This fic has potential.

4.5/5 from me.

10. Amadan

Amadan Second Year

As has been said, this Story does have potential as long as the author dose not give in to the normal Salazar-in-Harry's head, I seem to remember one where Harry died and met his parents then went back to earth with Salazar in his mind, so I give this 4/5.

11. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

I enjoyed this as well, I hope that the author transforms him at a suitable rate, instead of instantly granting him Slytherins knowledge/dueling ability. And I agree about the wand, hopefully he does not gain teh uber custom wand of DOOM!!!

But so far, it seems good, if it can continue like this 4/5, but I will not vote until at least a few more chapters

12. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

I'm interested, not titillated, but interested. I will watch it and see if anything interesting occurs. It has potential plotwise, but the author was very little skill when weaving words.

13. Wasteland

Wasteland Second Year

I really enjoyed the first chapter and could see myself enjoying the story as the chapters go on, unfortunately the author has a dozen fics that have never gone past the first chapter, so i'm not going to hold my breath. 4/5 for a good start though.

14. Myst

Myst Headmaster

.. I think those dozens of fics are infact, one shots.

15. Wasteland

Wasteland Second Year

If they are i apologise for my comment, I forgot to check that :eek:

16. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

i like the story and enjoyed as i read. however, harry should be more suspicious towards Salazar but salazar helps him to survive basilisk so may be that is the reason why harry trusts so much to him for now at least. 4/5

17. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

I like the story, but it has only one chapter, i smell similarities btw. this one and A Life Alone, but hard to tell this early. (4/5)

18. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Read this yesterday, not bad at all.

Salazar doesn't seem overly cliche'd in the "SLAUGHTER THE BITCH!" kinda way.

Grammar needs a touch up, fine besides that. I thought this was a one-shot though o_O hm.

4/5

19. sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Second Year

It seems to be overall a pretty good story, nothing that deserves a 5/5 for being amazing but I would give it a 4/5.

Harry being Salazar is pretty good, the only problem being that once a truly get story is made out of some plot then you have a thousand straglers coming up behind them with the same one.

I would say though, would be nice for Harry to get slapped back where in stories he makes a speech to Malfoy about how they are stupid and their pureblood bigotry causes them to have inbreeding issues and all. The whole concept that their magic will prevent that if its not too close, as they said with not being like their parents or brother/sister.

It's not that I am in support of the all the pureblood things, it's just that it is annoying when you read stories where Harry becomes like a Slytherin and Draco invites him over, during dinner or while meeting Mr. Malfoy, that Harry comes off with some big speech about how they are destroying themselves. Then generally in the stories they say how Lucius has a shocked look on his face. Oh my, how stupid I am, and of course I am going to let you know this is a revelation to me! (sarcasm)

As I said, want it to be a slap back on how he is ignorant about magic, and Mr. Malfoy could forgive him for being raised my Muggles after all. Heh, in any case if Lucius wasn't smart enough to notice that when it was happening then he probably doesn't know it can cause problems anyways.

I also always hate when people mention Crabbe and Goyle as reasons. They are children and there are some that are just like that. Besides it would be kind of hard to get into Slytherin if they were as stupid as they make themselves out to be. Most of the books make them out to be so stupid they don't know what ambition or cunning is much less be able to qualify for Slytherin and not Hufflepuff.

Oops, probably put alot of this in the wrong section. My bad xD

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  20. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Chapter two is a lot better then chapter one, and I liked chapter one.