1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Insight by Wolfwhispers

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Wolfwhispers, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Wolfwhispers

Wolfwhispers Guest

Title: Insight
    Author: Wolfwhispers
    Rating: T
    Summary: Voldemort captures Harry summer before 5th year. He no longer wishes to kill Harry, instead wanting to find a more useful purpose for the boy and experiments with his scar. Will Harry find his Slytherin side and truly escape Voldemort? AU 5th No slash
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3397411/1/

Post OotP

Ok, so this is a new story I'm working on. Basically, Voldemort captures Harry, experiments around with his scar to control his powers and ends up making (forcefully) Harry his heir. I'm in love with original creature Harry fics and I'm trying to do that here by making his animagus form a demon fox.

A lot have asked if it was a Naruto cross over and it is not. I've been in love with tailed foxes forever, way before Naruto came to America. Anyway, in the end Harry just wants to be free from everything. That includes not only the war and Voldemort, but his friends as well. Escape through demon fox means of course and I just want people's opinions on this.

2. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

A little insight. This isn't the forum for stories.

3. Wolfwhispers

Wolfwhispers Guest

Sorry, I'm new to this site and have no idea where to post correctly.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

So you post in the motherfucking introduction forums? Are you retarded, woman?

Hint: There's this big ol' section called the FOR REVIEW forums. That's where you post your damn fics. Not in the... introduction forums.

5. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Even being new, did you think the intro section was to post a story. An intro section is kinda self explanatory, even if most of them are shit.

By the way, I'm digging that ava Sree.

6. katelyn1992

katelyn1992 Backtraced

Hey,
    Dont listen to what they say, i made the some miskates.
    were only human ;]

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think that's a good reason to listen to what they say :)

Anyway, I think I remember having read a bit of this before and liking it, I'll go check it out.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I'm following this story. It's pretty good for what it is - which is basically Harry getting manhandled by Voldemort. Since I don't see him breaking away anytime soon, I'm not sure how long will my interest hold. Harry working for Voldemort is just no-no in my book.

But like I said, so far, the story has been pretty interesting.

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ok, it turns out it wasn't the fic I was thinking of. Oh well.

I don't really like it much.

Harry and Voldemort are just squabling like 7 year olds in the school playground, rather than the life and death situation it is. With Voldemort, this is partially understandable - he is in control, and playing with Harry. But Harry's characterisation is painful - possibly the most immature Harry I have ever read.

I also dislike the magical theory.

1) Harry doesn't have any kind of special power, other than "the power he knows not" - the magic he performed as a child was just accidental magic, just like the accidental magic performed by other children. To give him his own unique brand of magic undermines the whole point of the Harry Potter saga - that power is earned, not inherited.

2) Glowing, dancing balls of light that represent magical corea are so cliche that its just not funny.

3) The idea that Lily somehow knew a spell that protects against the killing curse, and for some reason never told anyone else about this remarkable discovery, and for some reason didn't use it on herself and James to save themselves, and for some reaon is the only person to know about the spell, is just not believable.

Anyway, overall I give this 2/5, because it's reasonably written.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  10. Kyp's Avenger

Kyp's Avenger Fourth Year

I checked out the first chapter, but then I lost interest, sorry. I don't like how you've written Voldemort, and while your writing exceeds most of ff.net, I think you could still use a beta. Perfect Imagination is a great site to find one.

11. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

I just couldn't get into this fic. Like Kyp said, I'm just not a fan of this fic's Voldemort. Also, like Taure I can't get into the magic as presented.

2.5/5

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I actually liked this Voldemort. He's a possessive twisted egomaniac, who sees Harry as his favourite pet/toy. IMO that's pretty interesting take on the dark lord.

The main problem I have here is this whole setup, with Harry getting manipulated and manhandled without any chance of escape, or at least turning the tables on his tormentor (think 'Stronger than Hope').

13. Wolfwhispers

Wolfwhispers Guest

All of you, thank you for telling me this truthfully. I'll try and post this in the right category. (Don't hate me cuz I'm slow!) I wrote this fic because I love Harry and demons (not Naruto Xover!) and just wanted to mix the two together for my own enjoyment.

14. That Wench

That Wench Skittles Addict

Whoa there.
    They won't hate you because you're slow, they'll hate you because you don't type properly.

Anywho, I tried reading the 1st chapter of this and I couldn't go on. It wasn't because there was anything wrong with it, it was more the fact that there wasn't anything exceptionally right with it.
    That sounds really harsh of me...

Basically it wasn't really my cup of tea, so I can't really rate it.

15. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

There are many fics exectly like one, nothing's original or unique about it, but I enjoyed reading it, so 3/5 from me