1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Half of Dueling Range by neutral - K+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Half of Dueling Range
    Author: neutral
    Pairings: none
    Genre: Humor/General
    Rating: K+
    Summary:[Of Western Stars verse] In which twelve year old Harry stumbles upon the facts of life. In which an overprotective godfather crashes some last minute plans to salvage his godson’s innocence. In which a potions master reads a very strange essay.
    Link: Half of Dueling Range

- Great one-shot, don't know why I never posted this. Anyways, you'll have to read Of Western Stars (as this occurs after that story) to understand the backround. But, if you don't want to I'll give you the basics right here. Don't read further if you want to read Of Western Stars.

Basically, Sirius escapes and in the end gets Harry and he and Remus and Harry all get a house together. That's basically it. Not a big spoiler, as its kind of obvious, but eh.

2. Silent

Silent Kinky Wench

Convolutedly hilarious. Harry is a particularly convincing twelve-year-old in this. I got a good laugh.

3. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

I didn't read the story that generated the universe for this oneshot, so maybe I'm missing something. Even so, this was barely amusing. Harry is *12*, for god's sake, and he's never even heard of sex. He has to look up 'sexual intercourse' in a dictionary.

When he goes to Sirius for an explanation, supposed hilarity ensues. The former playboy finds himself unable to tell Harry the truth, so gives him an answer not even a five-year-old would believe. The entire premise just strains credulity too much, so the humor falls flat.

2/5

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

... then I would suggest you read the prequels to this story before judging it. Jesus Christ use your common sense.

5. Lordenere

Lordenere Squib

Good oneshot. It is readable even if you didn't read other stories of that universe.

Had some funny moments and Sirius is portrayed in an amusing way. Bonus points for really beliavable Harry. That's the way children should behave. Especially children that led the sheltered life that Harry had.

4/5

6. Photon

Photon Order Member

Nothing special but it is amusing - and Sirius is different than standard fanon model. 3.5/5

And I confirm that it is readable even if you didn't read other stories of that universe.