1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Electronic Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Ash, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

While cruising the forum, I noticed a dearth of threads for the many DJs and kickass songs of the electronic sort; well, there was an outdated one, but whatever.

Personally, I listen to a lot of breakbeat, glitch hop, dubstep, etc. I can't stand house or trance or any of that crap, but this thread is for those genres too. Basically, if it is AWESOME, post it.

As a courtesy, please try to include their general genre with the link/video. I suppose I'll start with some of the stuff I've been grooving on the past few weeks.

This is J.Rabbit; dubstep. ~50 seconds in it segues into such a fucking sick beat.
    Body Control

Vibesquad; he is so goddamn eclectic, but I guess he is 'bass' music. I had a hard time choosing a specific song cuz they're all tight. I saw him at Burning Man; felt like my feet were melting off from the bass. ;D
    Yup

Gramatik; he's a bit more funky with not entirely electronic parts, but this is the only Led Zeppelin remix I've heard that works
    Stairway to Hip-Hop Heaven

Pretty Lights; breakbeat/soul/wtf ever. This one is a classic.
    Finally Moving

Skrillex: In For The Kill remix; dubstep, first half is not so good, but boy does it fucking drop.
    Almost done

I think that's enough for the first post.
    Now let's hear what you guys are listening to. (Please don't be trance...)

2. TSN

TSN Auror

uplifting/happy happy type of techno. as long as it get me in either a more happy mood or in a higher fighting spirit. or even opera epic choir.

I.E. fight music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI6PECZDwo8

happy song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouBJTv_OqJA&feature=related

Épic Opera Choir:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLG8-jFPkeY&feature=related

some random techno I realy like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rlt-NvcI9k

thought ive been listening to this one in repeat for the last 24 hour (I'm sure you can understand why) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7NDp6VU920&feature=related

IMHO a good song must be both relaxing and uplifting if it doesnt grant you a better battle rhythm.

well I kind of forgot, but its always polite to say what one thought of the other favortite. I think its great, but at the same time different. I enjoy t this time vibesquad one more than bodycontrol from your 1st link. will add more after I tried a few more.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  3. Lumnox

Lumnox Third Year DLP Supporter

I live in a house with four guys, one of which is a local dj, primarily dubstep. However I can pretty much enjoy any type of electronic, just depends on my mood as to which I want to hear.

Some of the ones I can remember off the top of my head:

Baggy Bottom Boyz (Jokers of the Scene Remix) - This one's kind of a staple in our house. The bass sweeps are fuckin' ridiculous on our 4 T48's

King of Africa - Alright, the first time I heard this, I lost my shit. Nostalgia mixed with awesomeness. What was hilarious is that my roommate dropped this at a party the night before we all went to see Steve Aoki at ETD and he opened with it. Crowd went nuts.

Ghosts N' Stuff - Yes, it's house. Yes, it was featured on the godforsaken Jersey Shor soundtrack. But goddamn, it's deadmau5 (and for those who don't know, it's pronounced 'dead mouse' not 'dead mao five'). Kinda old in the electronic scene, but something for those who aren't so into it.

Fire in Your New Shoes - Dance. I tend to listen to this everytime I'm high. Plus the chick in video looks like a girl I knew in highschool, only in 10 years.

Whalestep - More clubstep than dubstep, but good for anyone who has no idea what dubstep is. Not my favorite, but I do like the guy in the beginning.

I'll add more later, need to wind down from work

4. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

5. Lumnox

Lumnox Third Year DLP Supporter

Loneliest Number - do yourself a favor and make sure you have a proper sound system for this song, as run of the mill computer speakers/subs do not give the bass on this song justice

6. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

I love lots of electronic but a friend of mine recently told me about some friends of his that produce some dubstep and stuff.
    Its actually pretty good.
    Link:
    http://soundcloud.com/perpproduct

I like "Micro to Macro" the best.

7. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I'm liking the recs coming in, I'll prolly spend one of these days investigating them more thoroughly.

Here's an overplayed Glitch Mob song, but still one that you guys might not know:

Drive It Like You Stole It

8. TSN

TSN Auror

9. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

10. TSN

TSN Auror

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011