1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Far Cry 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by eXcalite, Oct 24, 2008.

1. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

So. What are your thoughts on this? I had somehow expected better graphics although the shadows and flames are fucking great.

2. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Only played it for an hour, but yes flamethrower and machete = fun.

I've heard the stroylines poor for a 30 hour+ campaign but the gameplay seems really good and I'm sure would make up for it

3. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

This game rocks my socks off.

Its certainly the most immersive shooter of the year and definitely one of the more challenging ones. The storyline is excellent, the buddy-mechanic is compelling, and it is unbelievably pretty.

I'm about halfway through the single-player and I'm about to turn my sights to multiplayer. Anyone up for a game?

4. Capablanca

Capablanca First Year

It's been pretty awesome so far, there is a lot of stuff to do in the world. Usually a first person shooter doesn't last too long but I've had this for a week and still've only beaten I think less than 1/4th of the game. The map editor is great, and multiplayer is pretty fun. The only real drawbacks I see so far are the controls, which take a little time to get used to. Also, sometimes the enemies seem to have a godlike ability to just know where you are at all times, which kinda hampers the whole "play any way you want" idea.

5. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Fucking anoying glitch, no joy on any other message boards. Can DLP help?

I've not had any luck anywhere else, so I though I'd ask DLP if they've encountered a bug on PC that's ruining my game.

Basically, my guns won't work. I can't fire a gun, look down it's sights, or throw a grenade, pressing the buttons simply doesn't do anything. I've restarted the game, reassigned fire and aim to other keys, still nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what this bug is, and how I can fix it? Or should I just wait for the first patch to come out? Any offered advice would be appreciated.