1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gears of War 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Twisted, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Twisted

Twisted Guest

I'm playing the campaign solo on the medium setting, and I'm enjoying it so far, although it pretty samey. I would call it Gears of War 1 except you have a clusterfuck of new enemies and old big ones. Brumaks from EVERY ORIFICE.

Had some interesting scenes (having to work with an ally to carry a case one handed and do a "tometoyou" walking thing) but I haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

Horde mode (endurance waves) is FUN. I WANT to try it multiplayer.

Xbox LIVE support is also good.

2. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I never got that sammy feel. In Gears 1, the game really just introduced you to what they wanted to do. Gears 2 really goes into it deeper, in allways possible(Including the anatonmy of one of the creatures) and really shows that the Locust has changed since the last time.

On the scenes part, I much prefered the Derrik parts. Those were awesome.

And on the multiplayer, I've heard that people who liked Gears 1 multiplayer hates this one while those that hated it love this one. But both agree the matchmaking takes a while. The only ways people have found to make it faster is to go with friends or to press the guide button.<--I've heard it works although I've not seen it.

3. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Yeah, the multiplayer is a lot different from the first one. The Lancer's fucking unstoppable, the shotgun lost a TON of power, and the new maps are much cooler. As previously stated, if you don't have a full party, matchmaking can take quite a while, so get a group of five if at all possible. I haven't even started the campaign yet. I've just been raping on Xbox Live.