1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto fics similar to Reload

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Styx0444, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Anyone know of a good time-travel Naruto fic? I re-read Reload, and now I have a craving for decent ones, particularly ones where both Sasuke and Naruto travel back.

Thanks!

2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

My favorite's list contains a whole lot of shit, but I grabbed a couple off the first couple dozen on the list, I might add more later.

I cannot remember if these are good or absolute shit, my favorites list is mostly for keeping track, instead of what I actually consider a "favorite".

This Time Around

End Of One World

3. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

My favorite Naruto-centric time-travel stories are:

The Tragedy of Repitition - Has its issues (Naruto's new name and deliberately mysterious behavior, Anko's repetitive curses and nicknames) but otherwise the best timetravel and the best Naruto/Anko fic in the whole fandom IMO.

A Chance at the Road Not Taken - Only Naruto travels back in time, but the way he tries to redeem Sasuke is nicely done and the whole Team 7 dynamic is enjoyable.

All Is Relative Except the Stubbornness of a Demon - Kyuubi refuses to die and sends Naruto back in time, repeatedly. Naruto on Team 10.

Guardian of Fire - Naruto uses a well known but somehow unused :)rolleyes:) Seal to travel back to shortly before the Kyuubi attacks Konoha. I like this Naruto's character, and his interactions with Minato are believable.

Good Naruto and Sasuke time-travel stories are pretty rare:

It's For a Good Cause, I Swear! - Most people probably already know this one.

The Price of the Future - Naruto, Sasuke and Gaara travel back in time - barely readable.

And recently published:

Drifters - I love this story so far, finally a Naruto that doesn't immediately tell the Sandaime everything, a Hokage that's concerned for the village's safety and otherwise a pretty gritty world. I found a part of this disturbing, but that may just be me. DEFINITELY M-RATED

The Hardest Part - Finally a Minato and Kushina that are three-dimensional characters, they both have their amusing quirks and flaws. Character-interactions seem pretty genuine. Additionally the story keeps the reader guessing about who managed to figure Naruto's origins out. Only annoying part about this fic is how casually those people treat a time-traveler and how openly they announce his presence.

Edit: Forgot Fuinjtusu. Definitely ranks right up there next to my other time-travel favorites.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  4. azrael

azrael Professor

Drifters was disturbing, and the earlier parts that weren't so disturbing were just confusing.

But since you reminded me, I would like to ask Uncle Stojil to please post the next chapter of All is Relative soon. Please?

5. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Nice list Trig. For OP, sadly Reload has a pretty unique atmosphere and treatment of it's characters. Time travel is rarely done well, and Reload is near or at the top of that pile, so something of similar quality will be difficult to find.

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

There's nothing even close to Reload, as far as I know. That's my favourite time-travel Naruto story, my own included, and that means a lot coming from a narcissistic author like me who thinks every word leaving his pen/keyboard deserves a Pulitzer. The fact that Reload is ultimately crack is also a huge point in its favour (please note the 'also').

Whaaaat?? There are people still waiting for that?! Why didn't you say it earlier!? New chapter incoming!

/trolling

Uncle Stojil

7. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

So not funny.

8. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Trig, I read Drifters. That fic is crap. Dialogue is practically nonsensical at times, far from comprehensible action and the badly inserted sex was extremely unnecessary and badly done. If the writing was readable the action might end up half way decent, but sadly even that is done wrong. And there are only 3 chapters.

I had high hopes for a gritty, mature fic. This is filled with 'witty' comebacks that hurt to read, explicit immaturity and some fucking terrible grammar and editing. Plot wise, skipping over the completely random and stupid gangbang scene, its pretty interesting. If the sex was removed the fic might actually work, but as it is the fic is just kind of creepy.

TL;DR, Drifters is pretty crap. And Stojil, fuck you man. I read your post, got pretty excited then saw '/trolling'. Maaaaaan.

9. se7en

se7en Professor

You are a cruel, cruel man.