1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto in a different village.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Brukel, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Are there any genuinely good stories where Naruto is taken to another village? I don't mean those Naruto/Yugito pieces of crap. But rather one similar to 'Houses of the Holy', where someone takes him away from Konoha. I've tried looking but the best I've seen is one where Bee picks him up one day, but even then it's full of mistakes and is not really worth reading.

Anything with half decent grammer would be ideal.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. redshell

redshell Order Member

A Voice In The Wind isn't bad. It's easily a guilty pleasure, and I'm not entirely sure of whether or not I saw it in the Almost Recommended thread or not. The basic premise is that Itachi took Naruto with him after he massacred the Uchiha.

Some years later, Naruto kidnaps Sakura and then a lot of stuff happens. I like it because the romantic relationship between the two is well-done (from my perspective, anyway), and the fact that the things Itachi has said to Naruto about Konoha are always there, in the back of his mind, whenever Sakura talks about it.

Judging by a spoiler the author posted he does eventually go back to Konoha, but it's like five years after he initially meets Sakura. 30 Chapters in, and only two of those years have passed, if I'm recalling correctly.

3. Brukel

Huh, Sounds good. It is one of those fics that iIm putting off for a bit though until I have a bit more time to read it though considering how big it is. Itatchi is always a plus however.

Thinking about it however, anything remotely close to what i really want would be a major undertaking in anycase considering how underdeveloped the villages are compared to Konoha.

4. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

The one that set the standard for me on "Naruto is raised in another village" is Set in Stone by SOC Puppet. It's a dead fic with the last update being more than seven years ago. But it was and still is, in my opinion, the best in that category.

5. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Generally speaking, those types of stories are usually angst-ridden and full of cliches. They go along the lines of Betrayed!Naruto or Banished!Naruto leaving the village after the Valley of the End/after a random mob beating and finding a sanctuary where everybody is accepting and liberal and he comes back to Konoha and people are sorry and the mean old civilian council screeches a lot....

Usually not worth the time

6. redshell

redshell Order Member

God, I can remember a time when I thought these fics were good.

Hell, I can remember a time when I thought TLIL was more than a guilty pleasure.

DLP; We refine your tastes for you by presenting you the best of the best, and if you don't like it, keep your opinion to yourself or get the fuck out.

7. Brukel

It is pretty good, but a bit too many OC's that I couldn't really connect with, still it is much better than the crap I was finding so thanks.

As far as the angst ect, they do ruin them. And thinking about it if you were ever going to write one it would have to have a vast number of Oc's in it which automatically raises questions about the quality. Still the concept, at leats in my opinion gives the option to develop Naruto in a way that he wouldn't have in Konoha. That more than anything led to me posting this seeing as very few fics are actually any good these days, and I'm getting fed up with reading about uber Kage Bunshin and Naruto with 5 affinities. As far as the good will, well Kumo I guess regard theirs better because for the most part they lack bloodlines, although even then they'd be suspicious of anyone new or should be.

Suna and Iwa are the worst from what I gather and Kiri well Yagura made Kage so I guess they consider/considered them better than bloodline users. But still at the end of the day I would rather read about Naruto the hated weapon than Naruto the retard who can't be fucked training until Zabuza nearly kills them all.

8. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It doesn't help that sending Naruto to another village usually ends up practically forcing the author to create a bunch of original characters to flesh out the cast. Then again, most authors who write really bad OCs will usually mess up canon characters anyway.

9. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Well... considering this was written before any character from Iwa besides Deidara and a bunch of mooks were introduced, I think you should give it some leeway.

Hell, this was written when "Kazama Arashi" was what everyone assumed the Fourth Hokage's real name to be and when the Almighty Council was not a terribad cliche.

And yet I still would recommend it to anyone out there, because it's that enjoyable. Naruto's a kid who's trying to live past the shadow of his adopted father and be a good ninja. No one's really hating on him or anything and he's had as normal an upbringing as any potential ninja could in a military village.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  10. Brukel

I'm not saying it wasn't good, hell it's aged pretty well all things considered. But that was the kind of feeling I got coming away from it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012