1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pulse by Team Pixel Pi [PC/Mac Game]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Rym, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Rym

Rym Auror

So, I found this on Kickstarter (it's been fully funded already) and the prototype is available to play for free. It's been really fun so far. Basically the premise is that the character you play as is blind and the gaming world is revealed only through sound (think echolocation) - so basically it's pitch black and every time you take a step, or jump, or throw these little animals (watch the youtube clip, it'll make sense) a little bit more of the world is revealed. And as you move around, the world is constantly being revealed as other parts disappear into darkness. You basically go around solving puzzles like this and avoiding these huge creatures that will eat your face.

It's pretty creepy and surreal. The premise the creators went off of was threefold: fear of the unknown, curiosity to move forward despite being scared, and the excitement of discovery.

Trailer

URL to the main page/download the game

So far, it's a lot of fun. I'd check it out if you have time.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Oz
  2. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

Well, I have to say this looks incredibly interesting.