1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Red Faction: Guerilla

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Magus, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Forget Prototype, the new Red Faction is the open world game of this sumnmer. Seriously, its fucking amazing. Everything is destructuble, you can bash hole's through buildings with a sledgehammer, drive a car through a wall and bring anything down with a few well placed demolition charges.

It's as if the dev team came into work every day asking themselves "what's a cool way to fuck shit up?" They then promptly put it in the game. You've got everything from disintegrator rifles to jetpacks to giant mechs to thermonuclear rocket launchers. In short this game has the visual explosive appeal of a Michael Bay film, except without being in any way shit.

Even more surprising is that it has a damn good multiplayer. It includes pretty much every weapon and upgrade you can get in the game in the form of various backpacks that say, give you the power to fly, or turn invisible or just run through buildings (basically making you into the Juggernaut).

Also, Ostrich Hammer.

So has anyone else played this game?

2. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Played the demo wasn't really impressed with the shooting and such, but as soon as i got into the mech it was freaken awesome. I just ran through like 5 buildings and they all collapsed around me, seems to be pretty fun.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Red Faction has been around a long time with the same destructive world gimmick, every time they've managed to use an awesome tool, and then fuck the game up.

Hope this one works this time.

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The first red faction was great tbh. Second was shit. I'll go ahead and get the demo for this, just to test it out though.

5. Aces High

Aces High First Year

It's an alright game imo. Fun for the first hour or so, but becomes fucking repetitive as hell as it progresses. It's like throwing yourself at wall when trying to take out big targets; going in and destroying so much but ultimately dying and then returning to destroy a bit more. Wears a bit thin after a while.

The nano rifle was damn awesome though, watching it eat through buildings supports before they crash to the ground.