1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jamven, May 27, 2007.

1. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Has anyone heard of this game? It is supposed to be set in the time between Episode 3 and 4. From what I have seen of it, it looks to be a good game. The graphics look to be awesome. Here is a link to the site.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

2. moniteur

moniteur First Year

Aww crap. That does it. I'm going to have to try to scrape together the money for a 360 when this comes out. So much for replacing my 4 year old-got-me-through-lawschool laptop.

Did you watch the DMM video? It will be really cool if all the surfaces work that way.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Well, at least its taken a semi-original concept. Personally, I think it would have been a better storyline if it followed the Emporer's secret assassin, Mara Jade.

That aside, the most promising aspect of this game is the Euphoria and DMM technology. Its utterly fascinating and is more than likely going to add a whole new level of gameplay to it. I'd rent it just to see what they pull off with it.

4. moniteur

moniteur First Year

I agree completely - Mara Jade during her years as the Emperor's Hand would be quite cool. They already have an official 'Mara Jade' "actress" as well. The DMM stuff looks to be exceptionally nice. I wish the video sample would have shown a bit of the more typical Star Wars breakables in addition to the plywood though. Between this game, and Halo 3 and Halo Wars, its pretty much answered the question of which next gen console I'll eventually have to cough up the cash for.

Did you get any feel for whether this was a Jedi Outcast/Academy style combat engine or a KOTOR turn based thing? I didn't really see anything that gave any hints, but I could have missed it. I would think that DMM would be sort of wasted on a KOTOR type engine.

I wonder if there is a KOTOR 3 in the works or not?

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Huh. Finally implementing DMM. That's been in the works for a while, and the test vids I've seen of it have been promising. It was Indy Jones in the test, which made it all the more badass, and it reminds me of the good 'ol days of Red Faction, where everything was destructible.