1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Urban Terror

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Dec 6, 2008.

1. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I'm curious, we have just about every iteration of PC game players here on DLP, is anyone else a fan of Urban Terror?

For those who aren't, it was originally a Q3 full conversion mod that's been under construction for the past 9+ years. Early 2007 it went stand-alone, and can now be played by anyone-free.

The game mixes realism FPS and super-human ability to create an incredibly fun experience. The graphics aren't much to call home about, but they're still impressive for a mod based off a 1999 game. The game play is where it really shines. From trick jumping to frag games, the game play quality is excellent.

The community around the game is generally an older crowd, so you mostly get a more mature game. While there are some assholes, generally you're not going to have the same amount of jackasses you see on things such as Xbox live or counter strike.

Anyway, here's the website:Urbanterror.net

And here's a video generally accepted as one of the better edited and played out there:http://www.vimeo.com/1429928

PS-Vimeo quality is shit, the game looks better than that.

Anyway. any fans?

2. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Played a bit with some friends of mine, good for a free game but boring compared to modern fps.