1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Utopia

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Zennith, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, I was randomly looking at old files on my computer and found a whole lot pertaining to the game Utopia.

For a while it was with Swirve games, there was also Earth 2025, just curious if anyone ever played either of these online games - Utopia was a big favorite of mine back in the day, I played it from when it first came online until about 2006 - really is a fun game, just don't seem to have time anymore.

Although, if people from DLP were involved, I might be swayed back into it.

Basically just curious - did anybody else ever play this?

2. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Yes I played both of those games but quite a while ago. I mainly played Utopia as a friend of mine got me into it. Played through various ages and I was still playing when they had trial/experimental servers. I was able to make a few milestones in the game from time to time but nothing much to brag about. It was good fun to play at the time as it required very little effort in the way of logging on and managing your province and was more about planning and strategies. But eventually changes to the game made it that logging in 3-4 times a day was better and I just did not feel it warranted that much effort and soon lost interest (proportional to my loss of province size each end of age).

Earth 2025 was a short-lived experience for me as I never really got into it and only tried it out when I had an over-abundance of free time. I suppose I might ahve enjoyed it more had I found that first before Utopia.

3. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I used to play them back in the day, took up too much time though, I like CN better.

4. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

I played way back when, built a Kingdom up from basically dirt with another guy once, and we eventually had a nice age where I orchestrated a strategic master plan that got us into the top 10 despite our lack of massive cheating. Supposedly it's really been run into the ground lately though.

5. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Yeah, definitely have some fond memories of the game. Stayed in 1 kingdom for4 ages, we never did that great, but damn did we have fun. We kinda specialized into spec ops and hired out our thieving/casting services for the other more hardcore kingdoms.