1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

the doctors origional story challenge (he hopes)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by doc_gerbil, Jun 15, 2006.

1. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

okay so. i got this idea while i was in the shower after talking to a couple of my chums at school. here goes.

you have a seventh year harry post HBP looking for the horcruxes. he finds a copy of riddles diary ( a real one, not a magic one) and this diary reveals that harry is the sixth horcrux, made on the night of his parents death. so harry, in a fit of irrationality, turns the wand on himself but he doesnt die. instead he wakes up in the same world, but with a different harry's memories. only this harry was voldermorts most loyal death eater. the story would then become how he attempts to get back to voldermort without dumbledore knowing about it, and then how he slowly brings the wizarding world to its knees. the story has little requirements.

evil harry must be significantly older than the harry his memories enter.

He cannot be super powered.

he cannot go light

dumbledore must be at least a very good match for him strength wise.

pairing is optional. he could remember dating bellatrix in the old world or something of that nature.

hope someone can do this as i would be extremely interested and cant write diddly squat myself.

2. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

Um, couple questions:

Why is Riddle keeping a diary when he would be like 60 years old - or even older, since he must of not made it till he was resurrected?

Also, if this is 7th year (and presumably post HBP from the sounds of it) why is Dumbledore alive and involved?

3. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

you have found plot holes. like i said, just thought of it can use lots of revision

4. se7en

se7en Professor

Wait, it he is in the same world, Voldemort would try to kill him, even though he has the death eater memories

5. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

Actually I think the biggest problem is that if Voldemort knows Harry is a Horcrux, why would he EVER try and kill Harry. Sure, Harry's a pain in the ass, but you don't go killing parts of your soul. Drain them of magic, give them the Draught of Living Death and stick them in a coma, but never knowingly try to destroy a piece of your soul, so Voldemort would have had to have written that entry (and figured it out) after book 5.

6. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

the whole horcrux trhing was just a medium for the transportation of memories. it could happen any way really, i just thought that might be interesting. as to voldermort trying to kill him anyway... well i imagine that harry could convince him that he was loyal. he does it all the tim ein fanfiction.

7. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Why on earth would Voldemort leave a diary lying around? Especially one with details about his precious horcruxes no less.

And I think killing Harry is more important than preserving a single horcrux. He can just make another one or rely on the other five (or so he thinks). Perhaps he made Harry as a horcrux just in case, would be a good move in a way. Think of it this way: neither can live while the other survives. He kills Harry, he loses a horcrux but pretty much guarentees a life of immortality. Harry kills him, he doesn't die as Harry is the horcrux. It's a win-win situation, something a guy as clever as Voldy would think of.

8. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

You talk with chums in the shower? :puke:

9. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Erm... I thought the whole idea was that Voldemort knows the first part of the prophecy "The one with the power to vanquish..." pointing towards the idea that that fate/destiny felt the need to flat out state he was beatable. Not that Harry's the only one who can. You'd need the more important second part, about marking, either must die, and power he knows not etc. to know it's Harry and only Harry.

It just seems... unlikely that he'd put a piece of his soul in his fate-announced enemy. Maybe he doesn't get selflessness, hence Harry willingly dying and taking Voldie with him is a power known not and Harry's the final horky. But for as much protections as there are on the other horcruxes, I'm not convinced he would go to the trouble of intentionally making the baby a horcrux, only to AK it. I mean he has made efforts to kill Harry right? In OotP didn't an animated statue block an AK? I'm more likely to believe he never intended to make Harry one, but it's possible he might have. And with the others he's willing to sacrifice the one Harry is, in exchange for getting rid of Harry.

As for the challenge... well, it sounds more like a basic Harry turns dark suddenly, and the quickly assimilated knowledge is why. Whether it's sucking in Voldie's or in this case an alternate Harry's, it's just way to change/twist/super him and turn him evil. Doesn't feel like anything original to me. Just a few typical bits arranged in a way they've not been before (to the best of my knowledge).

BTW... who goes and makes a kitten-killing userbar and spells the word mastrubate? I can excuse the made-up combination of every and time into one word, and with space an issue "U" can slide but honestly folks. Respect the sin of Onan.

10. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

okay/ lets revise this. fuck the horcrux. i really didnt think it through and your al right, it would be pretty fucking stupid of him. im more interested in the rest of the idea. now that we have gotten the premise of fuck the horcrux down, lets talk about the other aspect of the story.

ps, this is the first post i used spell check on.

11. f77

f77 Backtraced

In another world, Harry is allied with Voldemort and together they rule the world. But then Voldemort is defeated by Neville or Dumbledore or whatever and Harry's kingdom falls. When he is surrounded by enemies and when he is on the brink of defeat he uses an experimental device that his scientists were working on to have the soul travel into another AU and possess their bodies.

It works, so evil!Harry possesses Wimpy!Harry. Now looking around he realizes that Voldemort would never agree to an alliance and decides to take things in his own hands. So then we could take it from here, and have a really cunning Harry trying to get his own alliance together by manipulating the DA to make his own "Death Army" from "Dumbledore's army..." It would be really cool if this happens when Wimpy Harry is at Hogwarts, and it is after year five. Any thoughts?