1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lycan ~ Dark Lord Rostam Challenge # 3

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Dark Lord Rostam, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Challenge # 3

The Dursleys decide a vacation is in order. Harry age 5, and the Dursleys decide to go to a Island haunted by a wolflike man and natives. Vernon, ignores this and calls it rubbish. After setting camp, a distant thud awakens young Harry. Then, a call echoes in the background. The natives rush forward, capturing the Dursleys and Harry. One must be sacrificed, in order to leave the island safe, they give up Harry.

The natives take him to an Altar, where he is given to a man; a monster some call him, he becomes a wolf at will, there have been whispers of a Lycan among the village people. He see's the potential in Harry, and takes him as his cub. The wolf's name, Fernir Greyback.

Fast Forward 11 years. It's what would be Harry's 6th year at Hogwarts. Fernir has been hired by Voldemort to attack Hogwarts. Harry was tasked to kill Dumbledore, to prove himself worthy from ascending from Werewolf, to a High Lycan.

Lupin has gone with Dumbledore to get the Horcrux, Dumbledore thinks his wolfish strength and speed might help in combating the Inferis. They get back, Lupin smells two werewolves waiting outside the door of the Tower. Readying himself, he tackles Fernir Greyback. During the fight, Harry sneaks upon Dumbledore. Before he can attack though, Dumbledore raises his wand and shoots a silver spear at the struggling werewolves. It pierces Greyback's heart.

Ignoring his mission, Harry bounds toward Greyback, who in his last moments on Earth, bites Harry, giving him the power and skill of a High Lycan, and transfers his Leadership of the Werewolves to Harry. Knowing that he needs to find a place to rest, Harry runs. Dumbledore and Lupin chasing him.

He senses a presence in the school, an ancient presence, one of power and darkness. He finds himself in a Girl's lavatory. He see's a mirror, the moon is rising, almost full, his transformation to a High Lycan will be terrible the first time; he must escape. But he is drawn to the presence, acting on instinct he speaks Parsletongue. He bounds in the now open hole. After going through the sewers, he see's a Basilisk.

The Basilisk is the head of all Basilisks, an ancient who comes to Hogwarts when one of the Noble Tongue calls. He see's not a werewolf, or wizard, but a struggling leader of a species of Dark Creature, one hunted and treated worse than him and his clan. He lets him rest, and they form a friendship, he also promises to show him to the clan of Vampires, and there leader; one who he is friends with.

Fast forward 1-2 years, Harry is a Lycan, one who rules over all Werewolves. He has alliances with two of the other two strongest Dark creatures, Vampires and Basilisks. It is time to march upon the Wizarding world. They will be oppressed no longer. But first, he has a score to settle, one with Voldemort for abandoning him and Greyback when all went wrong, and one with Dumbledore, for killing his Mentor.

Requirements

• Harry must ascend to Lycan on the night of the attack, not before or after.
    • You must use the Basilisks and Vampires, though you are free to use other Dark creatures if you wish.
    • During the skipping ahead, you must at least touch upon what he learns under Fernir, and how he amasses his men with the other Dark creatures.
    • He must also eat the Dursleys, kill Voldemort, and torture, and kill Dumbledore.
    • You must show the Hierarchy of the Dark creatures. Remember, they aren't going to have councils, or Democracy where they vote in their new leader. It's an all out fight to see who leads whom. Show Harry fighting to lead the Werewolves, and further fighting to lead all Dark creatures.
    • One more thing, Harry will not know magic. He has no wand, and as a Lycan, he sacrificed his ability to use magic so he can control his transformations. A Lycan is strong, fast, and has an ability differing from a Werewolf; he can use magic to help him in fights. When fighting under a Full moon, he has temporary control, little though. He can cast a cutting spell while slashing, and when punching, a bludgeoning spell for a little extra kick.
    • EDIT: Harry can potentially steal magic from wizards. Depending on the phase of the moon, he can steal more or less magic. Then, on the night of the full moon, he has the ability to use his magic, and whatever he stole. As a restriction, he can only take one per month. Depending on the author, it might involve a ritual.
    Have fun.

Good, bad?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  2. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I think it extremely interesting...very exciting plot line, if a good author takes it up and plays up the darkness of the society that Harry hangs out in.

Obviously, I gather that Harry doesn't go to Hogwarts...but I was a bit confused when you said "In Harry's 6th year".

Only one problem: The lack of magic. There's little excitement left if all that Harry can do is beat people up, tear them apart and/or eat them. So I propose that you change it to allow magic...make it so that a 'High Lycan' is far more powerful than the average witch or wizard. Perhaps you can make it so that their power wanes and waxes with the phases of the moon...

Good stuff, DLR.

3. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

Interesting. I agree that the lack of magic would take away from the plot.

What I would go with is that by becoming a High Lycan that Harry at first looses a fair bit of power, and so he is basiclly a above average wizard, but nothing like Voldemort or Dumbledore. HOwever a lycan is the leader of the werewolves, and that his power grows both with his pack and age. So if Harry were to go and turn say Average!Wizard!Smith he gains a small bit of power. Not much but that combined with gaining the same amount of power if Average!Wizard!Smith turns another, and gaining power slowly as he ages gives him an incredble amount of Potential power, but not much of that will manifest in the story itself.

THis way you can have Harry use magic, perhaps even becoming fairly skilled with it, but taking away from an overwhelming magical presence at the moment.

If you went that way you could have a bit of caution or tension arise within the dark circles. Perhaps Harry is one of the very few Lycans that has the potential to realise the true capicity of his change, so there would be assasination attempts near constantly and a lot of caution on the part of the powerful members of both Were-wolves and such. They would know that Harry potentially could become a walking demi-god of magical power, exeeding Voldemort or Dumbledore with the added benifits of the Lycan, but that until he reaches that position, probably much later than the fic, he is still vunerable.

4. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Interesting and original enough, but i agree that there needs to be some magic because without magic, things get old after a while..

5. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Pure genius, IMO. I agree that without magic, the Potterverse can get dull, and it loses what makes it so attractive in the first place. However, it's a very interesting and exciting plotline, so...

*reps DLR*

*reps Belgarion*

6. Dark Lord Rostam

Yarrgh!: I meant it's what would be Harry's sixth year, if he ever went to Hogwarts.

As for the magic, if he does just take the magic, then the author can have him turn 100 people and he will be a Super!Harry. I like Yarrgh's idea of the phases of the moon.

So, if we combine them, everytime he bites a wizard, depending on the phase of the moon, he get's more or less magic. If it was on a full moon, he would gain maybe 40%, on say a New moon, he would gain less. As a restriction though, he can only take one wizard a month.

7. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

What I meant was he would gain a tiny bit of power. To match somebody like Dumbledore he would need to turn the entire population of England. I mean he would gain like 1% of his(Harry's) magic. At the start this would hardly matter at all, if you go with Harry having barely average magic after being turned into a lycan. However as time passess this magic would increase. This would stop him from going and turning a powerful wizard and suddenlly having a huge jump in magical power.

The way I'm making suggestions is that he has magic, and can be very skilled with it, however his real power will not manifest for a long time.

By the end of the story he would probably be listed as a powerful wizard, but not super powerful like Dumbledore or Voldemort.

8. Dark Lord Rostam

Well, okay then. Instead of using yours, or Yarrgh's, I combined them in my post before yours. I also added an edit.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006