1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Friendly takeover (fic startup idea)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by ip82, Sep 20, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This is basically an easy and (I think) original way to beef Harry up and get rid of the trio in one easy step.

After dementors join Voldemort, he comes up with a brilliant plan to kill Harry - a dark ritual during which a dementor will suck Harry’s soul out through the scar connection.

Thus, on the Halloween of Harry’s 4th - 7th year, the trio is sitting in their empty common room/ROR/abandoned classroom, chilling out, when Harry suddenly collapses, clutching his scar. He’s rolling in complete agony and Ron and Hermione, not knowing what else to do, hug him. Their collective accidental magic screws up with the ritual, which backfires out of Harry and latches on Hermione and Ron’s souls, pulling them into Harry, where they get ‘stuck’ and integrate with Harry’s soul.

So, that’s basically the point; Usually, you have Harry who is a bit dim powerhouse, Ron as his strategist sidekick and Hermione as the brain behind the trio. That’s at least what JKR envisioned for HP, foolishly trying to prove ridiculous idea that the Trio’s joint skills (the power of friendship) are stronger then Voldemort’s sole brilliance. But when you integrate the trio into Harry like this, you get basically one complete wizard of Phoenix-Griphook-Trunk category; powerful (trice as much then before), smart and with good tactical mind... and there’s no more trio to boot.

And the best thing of all, you end up with beefed up Harry sitting there with the bodies of his two friends laying over him... not exactly a favorable position, but sure as hell interesting.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Heh. That's actually pretty good. Though, all he'd get from Ron is magical power, since being good at chess doesnt give you a good tactical mind.

I wouldnt mind seeing this used.

3. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Would they talk to him in anyway, or would they have no say in what happens to him?

4. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

original but could be confusing, i'd read it. Could you imagine the manhunt for hermoine/ron? or the anger when they learn the truth?

5. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

I think this is a really good idea. And what DLR said, will Harry be able to talk to them in his mind? Or will the personalities be merged? Either way, it would be very interesting. It just needs a talented writer to do justice to the idea. If someone takes this up, I will read it.

6. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

So as to balance it out a bit I'd have them as voices in his head. It's funny, slightly plausible (canon magic makes no sense so this shouldnt either :cough:power of lover:cough:mother's sacrifice:cough:), and at least it won't degenerate into an angst fest as he whines about killing his only friends. Or maybe they start as voices and over time assimilate into one being.

Shipping this creature would be VERY amusing. Ginslut's way out (eww gross that's my sister!), slash is out (Ron again despite Hermy's fangirl tendancies), even H/hand is questionable (I don't even want to think of Hermy's reaction)...

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Heh, I didn't even think of that. Hell, even going to bathroom would be funny...

8. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Unless written as a humor fic so would it be too confusing to have their voices in Harry's head, it would be more simple for Harry to gain their memories along with their abilities and power.

Other then that could it be a great fic, especially since it could lead to harry being chased across England for the murder of Ron and Hermy.

9. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Hermione: Now Harry, weren't you in the classroom when Madam Pomfrey told everyone that engorgement charms weren't healthy.

Harry: What are you talking about?

Ron: Goddamn it! He always gets everything better than me.

Harry: Huh?

Ron and Hermione: Never mind...

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Hey, do you think he'd get a hard on from fondling himself, thanks to Hermione?

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Um... yeah?