1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot A Mary Sue Alphabet by Irony-Chan - K+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Cruentus, May 13, 2007.

1. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Curious

5/5 for me, I thought it was hilarious but Im fairly curious now I assume he or she is basing these rimes off sues they've read and most of them Ive seen but there were a few in there that actually sounded epic bad and I figured I would have come across them by now

2. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

3/5 for me. Didn't make me laugh but it was amusing and it looked like the author put a lot of work into it.

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

3/5 from me too. It lacked that comedic spark that makes a Humor/Parody fic funny.

That, and the ~800 reviews it has. I'm jealous of little fics that garner more reviews than full-length novels.

4. Hibiki

Hibiki First Year

Funny, indeed.

Normally I absolutely hate anything resembling rhyming and poetry, but as this was posted in the Humor-Section I gave it a go and found myself liking it.

As it is not lol-funny but only slightly-smiling-funny and sometimes grasping for rhymes I give it a 3.8/5.

5. saugart

saugart Guest

I thought it was funny. I also liked that the author used correct grammar and spelling. 4/5.

6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes First Year

It's worath reading... up until de 19th letter -.-
    Afterwards i kinda just got bored :s

3/5 cuz' i felt a bit like i was force-reading it

7. South of Hell

South of Hell Third Year

Riveting review there Fawkes. Definately worth the necro.

8. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Necro-posting is irrelevant in library threads. It is sometimes even encouraged by the rather large notice that appears every now and then. "When browsing for stories, please keep in mind the Neglected Stories List. These stories need ratings and reviews!"

Yes, more in-depth reviews are generally preferred when posting in a thread that is several years old... But I personally do not mind in this case, as it gives me a chance to revise my previous rating of this story. I had given it a much more generous rating than it deserved.

9. Henry Persico

Henry Persico Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

It didn't make me laugh, but I found it very good. What stands out the most is that the author published it in 2005 and by then FFN had the same shity kind of stories that has nowadays.

4/5 for me.

10. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes First Year

Oh Well sorry... I gues... You see i simply posted here for a simple enough reason:
    When scanning the library it was one of the first (alphabetically) that caught my fancy.
    I'll try to be more careful in future reviews not to... "Necro-post"(?) as you seem to refer to this kinda action.