1. The DLP Story Competition is back!!!!11one! Get the details in the announcement and break out your favorite editor, because it's time to enter the December 2017 competition.

Don't let us down, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

"A Song of Ice and Fire" stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by purple, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Dagro

Dagro First Year

Canon rehash thrown in with some new dragons. The Rickon stuff was just awkward and this simply goes on to marsh steadily off the fix-it-cliff.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Poorly written. Prose was very flat. Got a few chapters in and shit happens almost exactly as it did in the show save for the 'divergence'.

3. Jester

Jester Slug Club Member

Night Dragons is bad. Hard to read, poorly written, with almost zero grammar. This isn't enjoyable to read.

4. Majube

Majube Seventh Year

High Score:
    HasDragonstonebeen recced here already? It's the most decent asoiaf fic I've read recently, it was completed in October.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. Dagro

Dagro First Year

Lol, yeah no. Maybe lead with: "Stannis dies, so Robert gives Dragonstone to Jon SNOW because... reasons."

He also weds Margaery because 'shipping yay!'. Guilty pleasure is pushing it, on par with SI bullshit that gets linked here.

6. Hawkin

Hawkin Minister of Magic

It is atrocious. On the same note, I read Summer Crowns. It was way less atrocious than I expected. For anyone interested in world-building, I found it interesting enough to read it all.

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Seventh Year

I thought it’d been recced already, but if it has my quick scan missed it.

I read what was published at the time and enjoyed it well enough, but I couldn’t get back into it from chapter alerts.

8. pbluekan

pbluekan Seventh Year DLP Supporter

The first two words in the latest chapter are “King Dragonwolf.” I think that says enough about this particular gem for me to avoid it.