1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Animangus Transformation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conquistador, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    In the cannon, my favorite piece of magic is the animangus transformation. If you could have any form what would it be.

Answer magical and non-magical.

Also please say why and what would you do with this form.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cockroach and rainbow shadow Phoenix.

I would rob so many banks.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Greenland shark, because of A) their long lifespan and B) ability to survive underwater.

4. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

5. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Eagle - I'd want to be able to fly, so might as well aim big on top of that. Leaving aside the question of whether magical creature animagus forms are possible for the moment...well, I'd still want to fly, so might as well be a phoenix /cliche

6. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I'd be a Gravoid from Tremours.

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Does God count as a magical creature?

9. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A Balrog, because why the fuck not.

10. Slasher

Slasher Squib

High Score:
    I would be a monkey because they are really cool. They are also very agile and able to climb up trees very well so I would use it to experience nature or have a fun time going climbing. Since it is Chinese New Year I should mention that I was born in year of the monkey.

11. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

I'd be a tiger cuz I'm a motherfucking badass

12. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd be a cat, any kinda cat. I'd be a magical cat any kind o'- except kneazles

13. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Peregrine Falcon. Strong cruise speed, great dive speed, and because flying/extended falling is definitively the best experience in the world. Magical... just throw a dart at the board, I guess. I'm not greatly picky.

14. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    While we're at it, anyone have a copy/summary of that article about how to achieve the animagus transformation?

I remember something about holding a leaf in your mouth for a month and something about getting hit by lightning, but other than that I don't know, and I can't find the article anymore either.

15. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Being able to turn into an animal is really cool, if you're a muggle, but as a wizard there's not much that it helps with. What's the point of fighting as a bear or a tiger if you can't cast spells? You've turned into something that can fly? Why not just use a broomstick.

Admittedly, it can be useful for going about unknown - the stray dog in PoA, the beetle in GoF, and so on. So it's probably best if you have something pretty normal, that allows you to blend into the background. Crow would be useful, because it also has the ability to speak (badly), or a squirrel or something for the hands.

But I think it would be really fucking awesome to turn into a pterosaur, but one of the massive ones, not a shitty little one.

16. Caledfwlch

Caledfwlch Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Pottermore says that: "The learning process involves holding the leaf of a Mandrake in your mouth for an entire month, for example – which is why most students stick to wizard chess when it comes to extra-curricular activities."

There's also an article on the wikia that claims, according to a pottermore ebook: "The incantation has to be recited at sunrise and sundown, for single every day before the consumption of the Animagus potion. The incantation [amato animo animato animagus] is also recited just prior to the consumption of the potion, which has to take place just after a lightning storm starts. The incantation is recited while placing the wand's tip over one's heart."

17. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

If your talking about having the ability while still being in your real everyday life, the ability to turn into a lion something is really gonna be useful or possible without inciting local panic. Something like a cat would be pretty good in most urban-ish areas since nobody gives a shit about a cat running around whereas they might try catching a dog. Still think I would go with something that can fly though. Since you really don't want to get eaten when your not paying attention I'd go with something at the top of the food chain, a Golden Eagle perhaps since they are found all over the world and most people are crap at identifying bird species anyway.

As for a magical animal... well if your gonna do it might as well go-for-broke and be a great big flying fire breathing dragon.

18. Drfeelgood969

Drfeelgood969 Squib

High Score:
    I wouldn't mind turning into an insect. I always thought it was cool how Rita could get in and out of restricted places without anyone knowing. It could be useful.

19. adude443

adude443 Squib

High Score:
    Mundane animal would be a pigeon. Both for the ability to fly, and for the ability to be unseen. Nobody looks twice at a pigeon. Either that or a fly. I could still fly, and be even stealthier, but i would be slow. And I could rob banks. Get back to me on that one

Magical animal would be a nundu. Why? Because If I'm in significant enough danger that I have to turn into a nundu, I will be able to protect myself.

20. Tragen

Tragen Squib

Panda – half white, half black and Asian mixed in there somewhere. That’s about as anti-racist as you can get. Either that or a starfish, obviously acting as a mermaid’s bra cup.