1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

anime

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by tsukasa, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

To be honest the scenes where they show the Vatican are annoying as hell, for me. The pope is a kid...and he is so annoying, feel like bitch slapping the kid. The church in the series is a political and military force, and watching even ten seconds of a child pope having constipation over whatever decision he has to make can be irritating.

But since these scenes are few and far between, it is not that bad. The show does not preach to you, so that is a good thing. There is a larger plot in the series which I am just getting to. It's something to watch if you have time to kill, but I haven't walked away from any episode yet going 'that was awesome.'

I think I'm going to avoid elfen lied for now, I'm in the mood for something more serious and involved. I agree with your impressions of innocence, that is why I only commented on the visual appeal. :)

edit: Hopefully Xiph0 will chime in about Trinity Blood, that way you will have two opinions on the series, instead of just mine.

2. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell.

Not many good animes aired over here and my net is too slow to watch online.
    But those are my favorite. The favorites being Rurouni Kenshin OVA, which I actually did download.

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

The action is top notch. The politics are interesting, but the design art like another is just so freakin' reminescent of Hentai that it unnerves me.

The nurse in particular looks like something out of a really horrid Hentai.

4. Lady Almaren

Lady Almaren Seventh Year

I love all types of anime! (including digimon) My favorites are Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach, Paranoia Agent, Escaflowne, Last Exile, Excel Saga, Fruits Basket, and some of the Gundam Wing series.

I absolutely despise Trinity Blood though. That little kid is annoying, well I pretty much think that everything about that show is annoying. I also thought that Full Metal Alchemist was a little slow. (Please dont stone me. Everyone I've said that to has tried.)

5. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

wow. I was planing on watching Trinity Blood but from the looks of it, I'll stay away.

On the side note, I don't have a favorite anime. Currently however, i'm watching Bleach and Naruto manga.

Full metal Alchemist is a little slow and a little disappointing in the end, but its worth watching it.

6. snufkin

snufkin First Year

No longer a pile of snow because the pile melted.
    Hahaha. I might watch it just to laugh at that. Thanks for you opinion too, nuhuh.

Just wondering, any of you following Death Note? It's probably one of the smarter animes and while death is a prominent subject, it's not all blood and gore. Not to go off topic or anything, but those hit-list and that people-I-want-dead threads kept making me think of Death Note and Ryuk the fugly shinigami (not that I've ever seen nice-looking shinigamis) and how a name and a face just might get you offed.

On the subject of RK, I'm an avid fan too. When I first discovered Rurouni Kenshin (the manga, which I find is ten times better than the anime) I couldn't download anything because I was young and ignorant. And so I waited for the release of the French translation of the manga, which then had to make its 2-month trip by boat from France to Quebec. Every other week, I would make my way to Renaud-Bray and aks if they had gotten the new volume. And so I'm now irrevocably connected with the manga by my intense desire and three-year endeavour to get to the last volume. I also have two copies of it because people, knowing I was so obsessed with it, gave it to me for my birthday - after I had bought it a week before.

Haha. So now I want to know what's the craziest or longest time-wise shit you've done for an anime or manga. Do tell.

7. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I watch Naruto on Saturdays even though i've seen all the Japanese/English subtitled ones, right now though i'm watching Trigun.

Sometimes ill watch bleach, FMA, and Ghost in a Shell before sleeping.

I'll definitely have to try watching some other shows mentioned here. I can't stand watching Inuyasha for some reason but thats what shown most on Adult Swim here. I usually watch whatever is on Adult Swim unless i hear about a good one then i download a few episodes.

8. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I held off firing a kid who worked for me because he was bringing in a series for me. Two days after he brought it in, I sent him home. :)

Edit: What nurse? maybe I haven't gotten far enough in the series yet.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

The Vatican one who travels with Trigun-Vash!Like!Priest who goes vamp and wtfkills people infrequently.

Hahahaha! If you can stand Naruto, you'd be able to enjoy Trinity Blood, you might want to give it a shot anyway.

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Neon genesis Evangelion ftw
    Hellsing ftw
    Trigun ftw
    Fate Stay Night -anime- ftw
    Kiba ftlw