1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Another new computer thread (2)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Anarchy, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

the headphone jack at the front used a wire that was labeled hdaudio or something like that

2. Sacro

Sacro Groundskeeper

Hmmm. Open the Realtek audio manager (double-click on the brown speaker-symbol in the taskbar) and take a look at the image of the backpanel connectors. Is the color of the connectors where something is plugged in brighter than the others? Or are all rather faint? If none are brighter than the rest, the driver doesn't even recognize that something is plugged in at the backpanel and a trip into the BIOS would probably the next step.

If the color of the connectors where something is plugged in is brighter, then click on the "Device advanced settings" in the upper right corner. A new window should open where the first option should be selected - just select the second option and see if it works now. If not do a reboot and try again.

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

The only ones that it says is working is 'digital audio s/pdif' (there's 2 of them) and headphones. It says speakers are disconnected even though they're not. I don't have the Realtek btw, and the website to download it keeps sending me in circles

-edit- I'm assuming at this point it's probably just a driver problem.

-edit #2- I've fixed the problem, I think. There were too many programs trying to control the sound, I think, so I disabled them all, then started enabling them one at a time until the speakers started working, and now they do.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014