1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Awaken Sleeper by Water Mage - T - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Memory King, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Slave to my muse

Slave to my muse Squib

Interesting. I was not aware of this as I do not visit the forums and no hint is given in the book. Everything in the book seemed to point to her just being really angry. So angry her voice caused pain to others.

Did Butcher mention how she got injured? Was it during the Arctis Tor attack that happened before Dresden got there to rescue Molly? Maybe a lucky attack by the Denarian who attacked (he did manage to escape, after all. To do that he must have done something).

2. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

As far as I'm aware Butcher did not mention how Mab was injured.

3. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Edit: Nevermind.

4. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

Was it ever decided on whether Harry would inherit the power of Aurora when she dies and becomes the first Summer Lady with a penis and a soul? Because I definitely support that. I haven't been in this review thread for awhile so I can't find where that argument left off. I hope Potter is the one who finishes off Aurora too.

Also someone mentioned Potter seeming like a second to Dresden's lead and I agree Harry seems kinda weak in comparison to Dresden even though Harry is about the same age since his new body is younger then his other body and also he has Summer Court power on his side so I don' see why he sucks monkey balls so much.

5. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

I like it. I really like it.

This'll probably be my Harry/Dresden staple now that Shezza's Denarian Trilogy is over. That being said, I'm a little confused over Aiden's point in the whole story. Aside from him showing seer qualities, I don't really see him doing much for the actual plot.

But it's a good story. 5/5 from me.

6. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you knew what was going to happen then there wouldn't be much point in reading it, would there?

7. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

I really enjoyed the last chapter... I'm not really sure what else I should say. The AU from SK is becoming more defined. I'm glad to see Michael involved, it bodes well for the Harrys. I look forward to another update.

8. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Just finished reading this and i have to say this is pretty much awesome!

Any news on an update?

9. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

[​IMG]

10. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

This is not a necro.
    Holy fuck an update.

Speaking of the update, Holy Fuck is a pretty good description.

11. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

Holy fuck is right. Every water mage updates a story, I have to reread the whole thing because it has been so long I don't remember what is going on.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  12. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

It's alive! It's alive!

My goodness...

13. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

It's a good update... but now I most go back and re-read the whole fic because I'm somewhat lost.

EDIT: Just as epic as I remember. There are small errors here and there - misspelled and misplaced words - but other than that, this is pretty much perfection. 5/5

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  14. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

New update has epic fight scenes.
    I giggled in glee.

15. yhtomitrebo

yhtomitrebo Second Year

Awaken Sleeper was updated on 11/5/11.
    The fight scene was done superbly.

16. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Never mind the before-edit. >_>

I spent a few hours catching up to this recently. The fight scenes in the last few chapters were great, probably up there with Shezza's from the Denarian Trilogy in creativity. And the idea of a Fae with a soul is interesting.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  17. yhtomitrebo

yhtomitrebo Second Year

Updated on 11/26/2011.
    I'm not a fan of how this chapter ended. Too many holes that were already filled in Butcher in the Dresdenverse are appearing.
    Margaret LeFay died in the Dresdenverse, she used her Death Curse to keep Lord Raith in check. Also, Lea LIKED Margaret in the Dresdenverse, and Le Fay had Lea over a barrel, otherwise how would she of had Lea hold onto the gem with all her knowledge of the various Ways? Would Ebenezar "Blackstaff" McCoy allow a fae to imprison his daughter for decades?

I'm going to keep following the story for now, but if it keeps violating canon that happened decades before the supposed AU, I'm going to be very disappointed.

18. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

It's fanfiction. There are some stretches that are acceptable and even forgivable considering the level of writing this one has. And, I'm pretty sure he's got a decent explanation forth-coming, considering so far what has been hinted about Harry.

As for a fey having a soul not being bound by the rules? Not sure on that, but didn't the changelings have souls in DF, but still had to adhere to the rules? Either way doesn't matter because I would love to see what Titania would do now that's been cut-loose.

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Changelings are part mortal, so they get to act with free will. Until they Choose, at least.

20. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

....Aekiel, why is your avatar the David Tennant pony?

Other then that, Oberon breaking out and being a part of this legion of doom is not exactly surprising. Really, this chapter seems kind of anti-climactic compared to what we have had leading up to it. I suppose some down time needed to come sooner or later but its rather disappointing that it fell this flat.