1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Apr 20, 2008.

1. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

They have spent the last century training for that exact reason.
    Also we don't really know exactly how powerful the transformation is, how much of Ichigos massive power jumps is from Protagonist!hax and how much is vizard power?

But more importantly, where the hell is Nanao?

Every other lieutenant/captain is accounted for, but she hasn't appeared in ages.

2. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

Remeber Shinji/Grimmjow fight? So yeah... I think that they have a chance.

I've been thinking...
    Why is everybody loosing an arm in Bleach Manga? That chick with fireworks had an artificial arm. Soi Fong and Ishida lost an arm. Ichigo tore Ulquiora arm away when he was over 9000.

3. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Y'know, I never noticed till you brought it up, but there is a lot of armlessness in Bleach. Weird.

And I've gotta say, did anyone not expect Wonderweiss to be the pimpin' shit? Kubo's so gay for twists like that it's completely obvious.

That does not change the fact that Wonderweiss is the pimpin' shit.

4. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

We do remember that fight. But we also remember the time when Aizen crushed Grimmjow to the ground with his spiritual pressure alone.

5. liath

liath Seventh Year

But also remember that Shinji didn't even use his shikai in conjunction with his Vizard powers. So who knows.

Clearly none of them are a match for Aizen, but for the rest of the Espada? Bankai + Mask = win, no?

6. redshell

redshell Order Member

I'm predicting that Unohana or Orihime will be healing Ichigo in Hueco Mundo as we speak, and the remaining captains + Nel (possibly) will be taking down Yammy. Nel will doubtless open a Garganta, and then we'll see another cavalry moment, Aizen will put his fist through Ichigo's chest, and Ichigo will go uber again, followed by DBZ fight with Aizen that lasts fifteen chapters with everyone else watching in awe/fear.

7. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

New chapter's out:

The Vizards kill Menos Grande for 19 pages, and Shinji is "dramatic".
    I was kinda disapointed. It could have been much more epic than it was.

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Lol.

I totally see Shinji defeating the Bigbad in a single shot on the last page of a chapter.

MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

Little does Shinji know that Aizen was never there to begin with. D8

9. redshell

redshell Order Member

^^ Yep.

Shinji will most likely utilize his powaz of pwn to stalemate Aizen, and then Ichigo & crew will arrive, which will make Aizen decide that discretion is the better part of valor and make a tactical retreat. The fact that Yamamoto and the other captains who haven't done it yet just went bankai doesn't factor in. At all.

10. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Okay, this last chapter was very badass!

11. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

More like it made 0 fucking sense.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Apparently the fat guy transposed his arm onto the Arrancar so that his special power started eating him up as well... I think Kubo realised that there was no fucking way the good guys could win without resorting to deux ex machina if the Arrancar didn't end up killing himself. >_>

13. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

It's a pretty awesome way to take him out.

"Forgive us our unbelief..."

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  14. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

Bullshit. He could've ended it on the last chapter. Instead of just having a segment of his head blown out and still being alive due to being a GOD [lolreligion], he could've just had a segment of his head blown out. Or more.

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The 'God' comments were grandstanding on his part Zarent.

16. Psychotic Cat

I think anyone could tell that... well, anyone that doesn't start frothing at the mouth at the thought of religion.

Though I suppose this answers the question of "Can god make a burrito so hot even he can't eat it?"

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Shōnen manga. The bad guy is never killed by the big bang attack, he always manages to scrape through and survive until his pride and/or power is turned against him in some way. It's practically a rule for that type of story.

18. Psychotic Cat

Fuck yeah, new chapter.

Shunsui ftw.
    I mean damn, that shit is kickass.

Makes me wonder about his Bankai..
    If Shikai makes people follow the rules, maybe Bankai makes the world follow his rules.

19. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

As awesome as it was, I am tired of the whole 'dude can walk through shadows' thing so many anime/manga have already done. What was kick ass was that his sword makes a game of things and you have to play by it. Calling out the colors was effing sweet. And you're right I so want to see his Bankai. Eitherway Shunsui came off like one serious mofo in this.

Should we even use spoiler tags in this thread? Shouldn't it be presumed that if you look in this thread there will be spoilers?

20. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Awesome chapter. I always had a feeling Shunsui was probably one of the most powerful captains underneath his whole lazy, sake drinking facade.

I don't really understand his swords power too well but it was pretty fucking awesome anyway.

Still, I'm curious about the espada who went from 10 to 0 a few chapters back. Is he the most powerful espada?

I'm impatient for all these fights to end. Lately it's just been fight after fight, and while that isn't necessarily bad, I do like some plot development in between.

Also, Ichigo/Uluquiorra was badass.