1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Computer upgrade

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Nikhil.s, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Nikhil.s

Nikhil.s First Year

I'm gonna go order a card tomorrow along with a new psu. But, still undecided about the model. I checked my local stores and they gave me an offer of Rs. 13500($246) for the 650 ti boost and Rs. 14500($265) for the HD 7850. Both of them are ASUS cards. Any advice at this point would be really welcome.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I don't know what else we can tell you dude. Those are great cards but you are playing at what qualifies as "low" resolution and don't really need them.

Best advice? Go ask on HardForum -- I suggest either the Video Card subforum or the General Hardware (if you want ask about more than just the video card -- be sure to give them the information on your entire system either way). My knowledge has been more or less exhausted in this thread already.

3. Nikhil.s

Nikhil.s First Year

You all have my most sincere gratitude for all your help. It's just that this is my first ever solo build and I am really nervous about getting it wrong or over spending.

Edit: Finally went ahead and ordered an ASUS Radeon HD 7850 & Corsair CX600 PSU(cost around $340 for both).

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013