1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Couples I love

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Midknight, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Offshoot of Couples I hate.

All hetro.

Harry/fem Blaise - someone to match him, and keep him in check, without that annoying as hell Ginny-syndrome where he's constantly *****-whipped and being smacked, or hexed with that stupid bat bogey hex.... bah see the pet peeve thread, lol

Harry/Bellatrix - Most of these I see, she suddenly and unexplainably goes soft... this kills the character. Harry may as well be getting it on with Andromeda if Bella is going to go soft. I need Bella pairings where she's still evil!

Vampire Harry/ OOC Vampire as long as it's reasonable

Harry/Fleur - provided it's not mushy, she's alittle corrupted, and they don't write her accent 'ecauz tit is anoing to 'ead 'er dio'lug like dis! (because it is annoying to read her dialogue like this.)

Theres more, but I'll leave it to others.

And my all time favorite pairing IS!!!

Drumroll please!

Ron/Avada curse. They were made for each other.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Harry/Blaise(fem) - Damn straight - is better for Harry than that pshyco red head Ginny Weasley.

Harry/Bellatrix - Yes they do make her go all soft. Harry has to be Dark to have this girl or at the very least, Dark but lightsided.

Harry/Fleur - Dont over do the French and it can be very good.

Ron/Avada - YES! YES YES YES YES!

Harry/Hermione - I dont mind this too much but it does get very old very quickly.

Harry/Tonks - Well writen Harry/Tonks are some of the best!

As for your vampire Harry one, there is a fic on FF.Net called Shake Me by RoxieSnape. Harry isnt a vampire (but he is a baddass) but he gets with a half-vampire chick. It's not bad in my books.

3. Midknight

I've glanced over Shake me, can't remember a vamp, but I may have either looked it over, or it may of been updated in the time since I last checked it.

4. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Harry / OC -- Something new allways good (espacially when OC dies later and Harry goes rampage :twisted: )

Harry / Blaise

Thats basicly it.... I am sick of Harry / Ginny and Harry / Hermione

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Its complete now Mid and she's started on a sequal. He ends up with the half-vamp babe but its Harry/Many for most of the early chapters. Harry also gets a kid about half-way into the story and the sequal is three years later and he has another two kids.

The first ones from some muggle cow and the other two are from the half-vamp. Its alright i suppose.

6. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

Harry/Blaise- all the way
    Harry/Susan
    Harry/Padma

basically I like Haryy with anyone but Ginny and Hermione

7. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Don’t forget Harry/Pansy. I think they make a really interesting couple.

8. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

but of course. I can never forget White Knight Grey Queen

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I like:

Harry/fem!Blaise

Harry/Cho

Harry/Luna

Although, if the story's good, I will read the "normal" pairings, i.e. Harry/Hermione or Harry/Ginny

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

IF its incredibly well written, id read harry/herm.. i wont read ginny/harry even if its the absolute best thing written even in the history of man and i got 5 billion dollars for it.. or well.. maybe for 5 billion but yeah..

but as for the ones i like..

Evil!Harry/Bella... very good in my twisted mind..

a decently written innocent/turned!bella/harry .. can be good..

Tonks/Harry .. ish just my favorite (if no one has already figured out my obsession with this pairing >__>) .. they just seem to be able to click in my mind..

Narcissa/Harry .. my ideal fic here would be a darker harry making our dear cissa his bitch/sex slave/whore..

Fem!Blaise/Harry or Slythgirl/harry.. fem blaise is cool.. or daphne greengrass or tracey davis.. they all have potential

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my favorite ship? he's sixteen why the hell does he need a ship so i like h/many, harry/susan, harry/fleur, harry/katie, harry/blaise (female). I absolutely hate h/hr, h/slash, h/g, h/l, h/narcissa, h/bell (except earl of the north) or anything else that is to common.

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, here be mine, and be warned...I'll probably get a bit long-winded here.

- Harry/Cho

Easily my favorite pairing, so I might as well list it first. Of course, there are the usual reasons for my liking her with Harry, those being that she's extremely hot, his first crush, Chinese, and all that. However, I think the biggest reason I like her is that she really is just a normal girl. She doesn't have Hermione's book smarts and bossiness, or Ginny's temper, or Luna's general strangeness, or Parvati's airheadedness, or anything else of the sort. A lot of people dislike Cho because she's emotional and supposedly cried too much over Cedric in the fifth book. I challenge those people to find any actual teenage girl that wouldn't be every bit as distraught over her first love being murdered in cold blood. Cho seems to be the character most like a girl you'd casually find on the street, and I appreciate her for that.

- Harry/Fleur

Beautiful foreign part-veela sex kitten with a hot French accent and the ability to make Ron insanely jealous. Naturally a perfect partner for Harry. I love this one when it's done properly, which is sadly not very often. Most authors either completely butcher her accent or just ignore it altogether, both of which I find unacceptable. It destroys the "Frenchness" that is essentially what attracts me to her character to begin with. Authors also completely ignore the supposed flaws in her character, her flighty personality and somewhat haughty attitude, which completely ruins her. Frankly, Litany of Blood is the only fic that I've ever read that has nailed down Fleur's character well enough to satisfy me. And sadly, that story is most likely going to end up as a Harry/Blaise. As a sort of addendum, Harry/Gabrielle works for me also, provided that the author can overcome the huge age difference between them. I had originally toyed with the idea of putting a tryst between the two in Prince of Darkness, but decided that even Harry wasn’t sexually depraved enough to screw a girl that young, regardless of her veela blood.

- Harry/Bellatrix

I like this pairing, but I've not really ever seen a story that's had it written very well. They all have crappy excuses for making Bella sane or redeeming her somehow, whether it be some lame rationale about her having been under Imperius or just not having meant to kill Sirius. This pairing really only works with a more evil Harry, where Bella can remain the attractively psychotic bitch that she is and still be with him. I'm going to write a fic where Harry joins up with Voldemort one of these days and put these two together. They can bond over cutting Ron’s intestines out with a dull knife or something.

- Harry/Fem!OC

I honestly rarely like this genre of pairing, but I absolutely love them when the girl is done well. I can only think of three original females that I've liked paired with Harry. The best I’ve seen is Rayne from Ri-kun's fic called Harry Potter and the Daughter of Darkness at fanfiction.net. Excellent story, by the way. I highly recommend it, though Harry comes across as a slight bit of a pansy so far and is always getting bailed out of trouble by his girl. But yeah...hot Japanese part-vampire ninja chick. What’s not to love? And speaking of kunoichi, I’m naturally partial to my own created character in Prince of Darkness. That female phoenix in some chapter for a story that Master Eldryn wrote also had some promise (I think the fic was some Harry/Narcissa started by thesteffis) but it’s gone now.

...There are other pairings that I like, but these are really my four favorites.

13. the pairing i love the most is James and Lily. i just love stories concering them, espically blah by thusispeak

14. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

HP/BL(B)= One of my three most favorites but as Midknight as said its usually really rushed and when ever I finally get my answer to his challenge out I'll try to prevent this but why would he forgive and fall in love with a psycho who killed the most important person even if she did only cast a stunner. I perfer it when Harry is dark but if the writing of her redemtion/sanity is well done I don't mind that either.. oh as long as they deal with the 30 something-teenager age difference well ( AKA Earl of the North rushed the relationship as if it were feeling Satan himself but I feel they delt with the age difference well)

HP/NT= Another of my three most favorites. I mean there both sort of excluded and look down for traits they have ( Tonks Clumsyness and Harrys scar, visions, words, and so on and so forth)Out of my three top favorites they are also the closest in age

HP/NM(B)= Ah yes Harry/Narcissa the last of my three most favorite pairings in the Harry Potter Fandom. The Ice Queen Pureblood Aristrocat and the equal treatment for all abused necklected Golden boy tough to match up when its written well

Harry/fleur= While not in my top three I still like this pairing. Unfortionitely some stories I've read have her as an air-headed frenchie bimbo with her brain in her crotch. As Lord Serapheth said she has the power to make Ron jealous ( always a good thing) and her accent is a problem. Now i dpon't like the french I am pro-seperatist and like the french french better than the french-canadians but still her accent and french heritage is an important part of her character and must be written properly

Harry/Cho= Now contrary to some people on this board I like Harry/Cho it was my favorite pairing before OoP came out and shes turned in to a crying bitch well she does have a reason most over do that aspect of her. I like her still but like most of my favorite pairings is rarely written well when she and harry and written at all

Harry/ Fem Blaise: Now at the moment I can't really find much to say on thetopic other than she is the only harry/ non-graduated slytherin girl pairing that works
    oh and I aslo like Harry/Harem and multi-pairings

15. Midknight

Yeah I gotta agree with you, I liked Cho up until book 5.

I'm sorry but at 13-15 (however the hell old she and cho are, too lazy to look up atm) theres no way in HELL there was a relationship that deep that she'd be whining over it a year later.

At that age I was going though a few girlfriends a month, and didn't give one flying fig what happened to a great majority of them. I just couldn't buy Cho being so far up Ced's arse that she's still grieving over a guy who prolly hadn't done anything more then slightly KISS her yet.

Now if they were in their middle 20's, and been dating years, and had actually played hide the broomstick, then yeah I could see. But at that age you've got no true idea wtf emotions are, everything is influenced by your crotch/horomones.

16. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

well letr mesee he was 17 Harry was 14 and shes a year old then harrty so she was 15. Anyway yes I see your point and agree with you that way over does it but you have too admit you'd be a bit shell shocked and maybe a sob a couple times if one of those girl friends was killed by an mass murder you would kill any one who went after him and had plenty of henchmen

17. Midknight

Thats right Ced was of age, forgot about that.

Naw, can't say I'd kill anyone over a school crush, no matter what, lol. If anything it'd make me crap my pants and stay far away from DE's. Cry some, yeah def, but not a year later.

The way the whole world is so overdramatized it boarders on sickening. I really do hope we get a good explanation in canon why the hell there's constant attacks in a school that's supposed to be one of the safest places ever.

18. Treck

Treck First Year

I'm sorry but Ron is a pureblood and part of the work contract that Arthor signed to work at the Ministry was an arrainged marriage to Umbridge.

Ron + Dolores = A match made in hell.

19. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

oohh i wanna read a fic where umbridge does make him her b**ch.......umm second though i dont want nightmares

20. Lord_Slytherin

Lord_Slytherin Third Year

holy fuck, Ron + Umbridge could actually work - I can just see him being her bitch :)

As for my favorite pairings:

Harry/Cho

Harry/Patels

Harry/Blaise. . . before she became a boy.

Or pretty much anything else that has well written sex scenes or characters. I don't mind Harry/Hermione as long as the author doesn't make her annoying, which is admittedly quite rare, but despise Harry/Ginny in any form.

I probably would like Harry/Bellatrix or other black family variations, but have yet to see an author do it convincingly. Also, the Harry/Bella/Narcissa/Tonks fics are becoming a bit too cliched for my liking.