1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Do you find you never play your best champ?

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, May 5, 2012.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Am I the only one who stops playing a champion once he can get a consistent 10 wins with them? :s I haven't played Swain or Rammus in ages.

2. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I tend to do the same thing; I usually only break out my best characters when I'm in the mood for a quick and easy win. When I'm just playing to have fun, the second-stringers come out.

3. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Not really. When I play with DLPers or other larger premades, I generally bring out my best champions for whatever role I am playing.

It is when I go solo style or duo with a friend that I play champions that I need work with.

4. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

You're not alone, haha. I almost feel a compulsion to play the champions I am worst at, in an effort to improve.

I probably played Caitlyn for 200 games straight when I first bought her. When it got to the point where I could carry just about every game, I stopped playing her entirely. I don't think I've touched her in 6 months.

5. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

It's more like, because they are your best champions, you probably played with them the most too. And it gets boring to keep on playing them when there are so many other champions.

6. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I'm the opposite, I just play the same 5 champs, although I have been trying to learn Olaf, but he's just so different to everything else that I've played.

7. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

All my champs are my best champs.
    :3 kidding
    I get on kicks with champs and play them until I'm in the mood for something else

8. Lb13

Lb13 Second Year

Pretty much this. When I first started playing I would play Ryze exclusively and then I just stopped playing him for a few months, but ever since his nerfs (buffs) I can't put him down. I guess it's because a champion or play style gets boring and I feel the need to shake it up by bringing in a new champion or by tower diving like it's DOTA.

9. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've worked on getting all of the champs to a competent level, so I don't really have a best. I do have preferred ones, like Nautilus, Annie, Ryze, Amumu, and Janna.

10. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

I don't think I've ever gotten 10 wins in a row, so no best champ because I'm terrible with everything :|

I bought Riven on my smurf to learn how to play a better melee top solo. The ones I'm most familiar with are the cheapo 450 IP champs like Cho'Gath and Ashe. Still cannot jungle with any degree of competence, I only bought Shaco to scare people into banning him in ranked games.

Otherwise, whatever is interesting and free that week.

11. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

I really enjoy playing Corki/Tristana, and they are probably my best champions, but I find I don't play them much because I get shunted into jungling a lot in normals. I am reluctant to play an AD Carry without knowing I'll have a competent support, so despite not particularly enjoying jungling, I wind up doing it in 50%+ of my matches, mostly as Malphite.

12. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I usually wind up playing in solo q hell, so I tend to just pick a champ to fill a role the other idiots won't fill, denying myself of playing ones I want to play, lol.

13. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That was the main reason why I found at least one tank, support, carry, etc. that I was good enough with to be able to play for when I do solo queue. It did eventually lead to me having at least one favorite of each character role ... which I guess means I can always play one of my favorites.

Too bad that doesn't help when I'm in the mood to play a specific character or role, instead of just wanting to play a character I like.

14. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

My favourites tend to be situational picks that are countered easily by the usual champs, so I don't get to play them often. Guaranteed that whenever I decide to play Katarina in blind pick, the enemy team has at least four different forms of hard CC ready to shut me down.

15. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Katarina is a bitch and you deserve all the CC you get. I hard that character so much, it's unreal. I know it isn't true, but I feel like her Ult has a 20 second CD. Si she just ports onto, pops ult, then chases down the survivors of your team. By the third or fourth time, there won't be any.

/endrage.

On topic, yes. Skarner jungle for me is so OP I don't play it very often. And Skarner top once you get Philosopher stone and wards is damn near unbearable for the same reason. Basically playing Skarner boils down to: How many openers do you have to my closers? If the answer is less than 2, I win. If you can kite me though, I'm dead in the water.

16. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

That's... actually not too far off. Death Lotus has a cooldown of 60/55/50 seconds, which her passive reduces by 15 seconds every time she gets a kill or assist. If she ults you and you die, it'll be up again in 45/40/35 seconds.

Add in a little CDR and shit gets crazy.

17. redshell

redshell Order Member

Sort of like Lux's 20 second ult at 40% CDR.

18. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

24 seconds!

19. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I used to be like that and then I found Brand, not only is he now my best champ but I have so ridiculously much fun playing him that the idea of playing a different champ just never even crosses my mind.

20. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

It's okay, it's like that for everyone. But that time will eventually pass :p