1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice

WIP Dragon From Ash by Mortigaunt - M - Skyrim

Discussion in 'Games' started by Newcomb, Jun 11, 2017.

1. BTT

BTT Order Member

Really wasn't digging those blatant Discworld ripoffs.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    I liked them. It wasn't subtle, true, but they seemed to fit Riften quite well.

There did seem to be a few more typos than I remember seeing in this before, but otherwise as enjoyable as ever, even if it doesn't really seem to have moved the story on much at this stage

3. Donimo

Donimo Slug Club Member

I finally got around to reading this over the last week. I'll echo everyone else and say it's excellent and reads more like a novel than fanfiction. As someone without knowledge of Elder Scrolls I frequently had to hit up the wiki but not so much that it was a detriment to the experience. I don't mind the slow pacing and exploration of lore and the world, it's all new to me and quite interesting.

Since it's in my mind now are there other Elder Scroll fics I might enjoy?

4. Erandil

Erandil Headmaster

I think that depends on how much you are willing to tolerate "game elements" (like limitless pockets, "skills" etc.) in your story because in my experience that is something that pretty much every single bigger ES story features. And none really match Dragon from Ash in the worldbuilding aspect since in the large majority of cases they simply copy the games (visuals).