1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Elements The Game

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by kalespr, Dec 21, 2010.

1. kalespr

kalespr Fourth Year

http://www.elementsthegame.com/

Elements is a pretty fun flash based card game, rather reminiscent of Magic: The Gathering (or at least, in how it used to be, as I haven't played it in years).

When starting out you get to choose an element for your starter deck. There is also an option to "reset" your account so you can pick different starters, should you so wish (you will lose any cards/money won in doing so), as well as threads in the newbie forums with advice on what to do with said starters.

You win coins (electrum) by winning matches, be it vs the AI or another player, as well as a shot at winning cards (which may be used or sold for more coin).

Most cards are purchasable in game, however, others you must win. Most notably among those rares are weapon cards.

It can get a bit grindy, trying to get electrum for upgrades (an option that becomes available after beating all the quests) or winning rare cards, but I find it an enjoyable diversion that reminds me a lot of playing MTG with friends in school.

As I noticed the thread on MTG here in the forums, I thought I'd share, for those who wanted to try something a bit different, or can't/won't pay RL money for cards in MTG:Online.

2. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well never tried MTG before, but it interests me a bit. I've got some free time so I'm trying this out under the tag elvin).

3. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

I was actually really enjoying this game for the last couple of days. Sure, it was a little grindy, but it gave you time to try out different decks against the computer.

... then I tried the PvP.

Whoever created the system was borderline retarded. Put simply, if you AFK for a minute, then game takes over your cards and plays for you, so literally everyone just tabs out and lets the computer do the grinding for them.

If you AFK then you should lose. Simple as that. :facepalm

Still having some fun screwing around with different builds. Was using a fun Gravity/Light deck that allowed my Armajio to tank while my Guardian Angels kept him alive indefinitely. Not really viable for grinding level 3s, as it kills quite slowly, but fun.

4. kalespr

kalespr Fourth Year

I didn't know that if you purposely timed yourself out, that the computer took over for you as well. I did know that if another timed out the computer took over for them, and they ended up facing an AI as well, to finish out the match.

Personally, I haven't had time-out issues too often, though.

The level 3 decks were recently overhauled, and it's now much more difficult than it was. So, unfortunately, there are much fewer decks that are viable for that level, but by the same token it's become much more interesting, which is quite the boon as it's one of the most efficient levels to "farm" for cash and cards.

This is one of my favourite (un-upped) level 3 decks. Quite fast, and well suited to those times I wish to play a more complex deck.