1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Notice Your Own Weird Tendencies?

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Evan Tide, May 10, 2012.

1. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So what do you notice being weird as hell about yourself in this game?

For me, I've noticed two things recently:

1) I can never win as Galio in a straight 5v5 with even Elo teams. No matter what I do, what lane I go in, how hard I beat every lane, there will always be something that happens to cause a loss for my team.

2) I haven't lost a match as a ranged carry in a long time. Closing on 2 months now where whenever I've been playing them, I'll get a win.

2. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I always play Support champions as AP mid cause it's fun :p

3. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

I was actually just commenting on this to a friend.

AD Carry is my best role. In the last two weeks, I have come across a single bot lane that has managed to shut me down outright. I somehow manage to win in farm and/or kills in almost every game I play. In spite of this I have a probably 50% or less W/L ratio as AD Carry because no matter how well I play, top and mid always feed the other team, and our team surrenders before I can start to carry.

A perfect example of this happened this morning. I wound up playing Corki as solo bot vs a Nautilus/Caitlyn combo. And yet I still managed to outfarm the Caitlyn by over 50 minions at 20 minutes, while denying them any chance to pull off a kill against me. And yet, we still lost, due to an Udyr in the jungle who never ganked, a gangplank who would d/c and reconnect every 3 minutes, and a Talon who did almost nothing. The game dragged on forever, because our team wouldn't stick together or capitalize on any openings, even after we killed four members of their team with four of us still standing.

I went 19/11/9 and was so fed that I wound up selling my berserker greaves to finish my build at IE/BT/LW/3xPD

This only seems to occur when I play AD bot, or at least that is how it feels.

By contrast, despite not particularly enjoying jungling, I always seem to win as jungle Malphite when I am forced to jungle, commonly seeing a 20 minutes surrender from the other team.

Of course it might just be confirmation bias. That's always possible.

4. Evan Tide

See, the thing is though, I hate playing AD carries the most. I very much prefer playing an aggressive CC support (Janna, Taric, Leona, Nautilius) or jungler (Lee, Udyr, Amumu, Rammus).

SO it's really annoying when I can't perform as good on my preferred and primary roles over what I think is my worst slot.

5. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Weirdest thing that happens to me is that I win 90% of my games while solo-queuing but when I play with a pre-made team I only win about 50% of the time.

6. Evan Tide

That's not weird. That's normal.

7. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If I play Taric, I win. Overwhelmingly, which is odd because I don't think Nm that good with him. I think it is because junglers are bad and most AD carry have no idea how to deal with a support that wants to trade with them.