1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v10.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Nogan

Nogan First Year

So...
    • The summary tells almost nothing about the story
    • petty shipping slapfighting
    • pretends that bashing is completely fine, perhaps even good
    I'd suspect this was trolling, but 230k words would be a lot of effort for that...

2. Draxx7

Draxx7 Squib

Uh huh...
    Didn't know the average girl-who-lived was into writing FF. Guess you learn something new every day

3. Ghosthree3

Ghosthree3 Unspeakable DLP Supporter

...I have no idea what that summary says.

4. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

This is actually something I'd report to the FF.net mods as a spam fic. At least write a shitty summary that we mock instead of this.

5. Persephone

Persephone Fourth Year

This is the first paragraph of the story:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  6. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
    I'm so confused right now. I just have so many questions.

7. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Birth of a Dancing Star by asecretchord
    After the fall of Voldemort, Harry Potter fell in love with Severus Snape—and that is where our story begins. All Harry wanted was a quiet year to finish his education, but when the Sorting Hat raises the spectre of Voldemort reborn and Luna is telling him he's going to change the world, a quiet year becomes impossible.

This fic was recommended on Reddit and I have no idea why anyone would want to recommend something like this. I'm not sure what's worse Snape/Harry or the fact that one or both of them might actually become dancing stars.

8. 13thadaption

13thadaption Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I didn't really register the title so the only thing I picked up at first was Harry/Snape, which are are a dime a dozen. If this is actually about dancing, and dear god I know dancing AU's are a thing that exists, then yeah this just got so much weirder.

9. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I decided to crack it open to see if there where any other gems in here and it turns out it's an mpreg as well. Although I did misinterpret the title it actually has nothing to do with dancing. Not that it would have helped the fic either way.

---------- Post automerged at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Dance!
    By: Naia
    AU Hogwarts is the most famous ballet school of Europe, and Hermione is proud to be part of its graduating class. But this year, the young prodigy Harry Potter, son of two ballet stars is coming to Hogwarts... This is a year everyone will remember.
    Rated: Fiction K - English - Romance - Hermione G., Harry P. - Chapters: 12 - Words: 90,758 - Reviews: 1,164 - Favs: 1,296 - Follows: 527 - Updated: Oct 22, 2008 - Published: Aug 28, 2003 - Status: Complete - id: 1497453

Need I say more about how terrible this seems.

10. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

You know that sounds vaguely familiar, I have the horrible feeling I might have read that ballet on about ten years ago...

11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For a full five seconds I was convinced the author's screen name was asscrotchlord.

12. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

That sounds like something straight out of Sirius' mouth in Black Comedy.

Sorrows this author has another fic that I think might have been recced on DLP and that's why it's so familiar. It's called:

Anarkia

Abandonned by his guardians, Harry Potter vanished from existence. Years later, a young man graduates from one of the most elitist and secrete Magical schools and makes his way through Magical societies. Fate or Fatality? Ancient Greeks called it Anarkia.
    Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Chapters: 8 - Words: 100,637 - Reviews: 1872 - Favs: 4,957 - Follows: 5,159 - Updated: Mar 16 - Published: May 19, 2005 - Harry P.

That being said some of this authors favorite's leave a lot to be desired in terms of proper summaries.

Under suspicion by Ottilchen reviews

Harry Potter certainly never expected to be visited that night, but he learns he is needed, and he is needed now. He becomes a new person so he is safe while he is helping. What will being home again be like from an entirely new perspective? Can he help?
    Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 34 - Words: 190,436 - Reviews: 1106 - Favs: 773 - Follows: 494 - Updated: Oct 24, 2010 - Published: Mar 5, 2002 - Harry P.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  13. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    What if we tried to put into summary, as much "what ifs" and cliches as we can?

14. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
    The bolded bit speaks for itself.

15. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I choked on name of the fic.

---------- Post automerged 27th Dec 2016 at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was 26th Dec 2016 at 23:41 ----------

There is zero chance of the Dursleys being able to stop Harry from going to Hogwarts

16. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

There is no reason the second once could not be an interesting premise for a story. There are pleanty of ways to make the idea plausable, not the least that the Dursleys are his legal guardians so should be able to say where he goes to school. Certainly good stories have been based on unliker premises.

I haven't read it but I can imagine a Harry that spent the last few years in reform school after having the idea of Hogwarts ripped away from him could be a really interesting charecter to then introduce to the wizarding world.

17. nevu

nevu First Year

Burn it with fire

18. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Daydreams -:- By : BitterWind -:- Published : January 4, 2017
    Updated : January 4, 2017 4:34 am -:- Rated : Adult + -:- Chapters : 3 -:- Reviews : 0 -:- Dragon prints : 131
    Located : Harry Potter > Het - Male/Female> Draco/Hermione

Draco takes a potion and learns about Hermione as he views her daydreams. This will be a longish story, and will build slowly. If you are patient, you will be rewarded.

Somehow I don't think there will be anything rewarding about this fic.

19. Ghosthree3

Ghosthree3 Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I'm just surprised at the fact it's meant to be long. I could understand the premise as a oneshot smut thing...

20. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Adultfanfiction is cheating :colbert: