1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Fictional by Dark Syaoran - M - Crossover

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Dark Syaoran, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: Fictional
    Author: Dark Syaoran
    Rating: M
    DLP Genre: The Alternates
    Pairing: ???
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 58,251
    Updated: September 20, 2011 (ff.net)
    Updated: February 16, 2012 (DLP)
    Published: April 5, 2010
    Summary: The dictionary defined fiction as thus: something feigned, invented, or imagined; a made-up story. The act of feigning, inventing, or imagining. Yes, Harry thought, this defined him nicely. Harry Potter & Fate/Stay Night Crossover.

Link: FF.Net

Link: DLP.Net

Link: PatronusCharm.Net

Decided to finally try get this thing into the library. Only four chapters on FFN, four and a half in WbA.

Checked by Minion, August 23, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  2. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I would post a standard MOAR! picture but I feel that one will be along soon.

5/5.

3. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

I'd never seen or heard of Fate/Stay Night until this fic, but I love this story all the same.
    Your writing style is very smooth, Harry's characterization is excellent, the fights are creative and captivating, the grammar and spelling are top-notch, and the intergration of Harry into the other anime is very smooth(from what I can tell, though again, I've never seen the anime.)
    A definitive 5.
    The only problem I have is the word-count. Even though you update at a good pace, I'm always hungering for more.

A warning;It's an addicting story.

4. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

This has to be the best HPxFSN, or any Nasuverse, crossover I have ever come across. Not to mention that unlike most FSN crossovers you don't rape either series' abilities to get it to work.

5/5

5. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Ever since I watched the anime I've been wanting a Harry as a servant F/SN story. This was all I imagined to be, only better.

Will write a more mature review later, but in the meantime:

This is pure fun to read. DS writes in a world of fiction where the characters are faced with their own fictionality. It's the story of human condition, love at first sight, the unrelenting loyalty of women, and the dark temptation of men with Petrifcus Totalus eyes. The story leaves us believing that the villains' hearts were taken by the ferocity of the heroine's spirit long before her sword pierced them.

Edit: 5/5

6. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

As a huge fan of everything Nasuverse, this story gets a grand 5/5 from me. That said though, since the plot follows UBW, there's very few ways that this could end well.

7. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

It could be worse Sin, the story could follow the Heaven's Feel Route.

8. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

That could be good since it features Rider more prominently, but I don't think any of us could put up with the Sakura-Drama.

9. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Sakura-Drama could be avoided by going down the Mind of Steel ending. Mind you that Kotomine declared Shirou the inevitable winner right after so it probably wouldn't turn out well either in the long run. Then again HF is the route of comprises, or at least that's how I see it.

10. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

^I personally dig the HF route because of that. It also doesn't hurt that Shirou's the most badass in this route, some pretty tender Illya moments, and Saber Alter being a beast.

11. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

My favorite "bad" ending was Sparks liner high.
    After all, if Saber Alter is a beast, what does that make Shirou who beat her? Although it did cost him his mind in doing so, I don't think that takes away from the scene at all.

12. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

5/5

One of the best Harry Potter/Anime/Manga crossovers out there.

13. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

You really haven't read many HP/Anime crossovers have you? No. Don't answer that.

Hands down the best HP/Fate fic online. The premise is incredible. Making him a fictional character? Who would have thought. The characters, continuity, as well as level of power seems to be okay. Depending on timeline. His personality is consistent and you don't make him a god, pimp, whore, or pyscho. Interesting. Still, only 4 chapters? And 20, 000 words? I'm half expecting this fic to die out before it starts! Update the next chapter already!

5/5

14. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

... is that sarcasm?? Seriously, I can't tell. I mean, that statement makes no sense, because you're implying that aaltwal's statement is inherently false, but in the next paragraph you support his assertion. Or did you say that because there are so few quality Harry/Anime xovers? Oh well.

Considering that I've only watched a single episode of Fate/Stay Night - I like this, a lot. The characters are accessible (thank you wikipedia) and I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment.

5/5

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  15. LightLess

LightLess First Year

Seems like very good to me. I do hope you continue.

I wish, though, that you would use more the names of the characters. I often don't know about witch one you're talking about.

16. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    5/5. The update rate recently has been awesome, and since you finally put it here, I can only hope that you intend to keep it up. Good work! =p

17. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

5/5, done rather well. I thought he concentrated on Harry's depression, his whole life gone, a bit much. But it flows, the characters stay in character, plus he's not being confined by the magic system in the nasuverse. That and the fight scenes with Rider were great.

If his past updates are anything to go by, it'll be a least once a month for one, which is sad considering his enviable skill with words.

18. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

I want to.

I've read hundreds of HP/Anime crossovers. This and Nuhuh's are the only ones I consider to be the pinnacle of the genre. (Mine pales significantly compared to these two.)

That's two, out of the thousands out there.

19. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

*Blinks* Very, very nice. Engaging, interesting, and totally different. 6/5 from me.

20. drolly

drolly Squib

The story's got me started on FSN. It keeps me anticipating the next interaction.
    For that, 5/5.