1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Fishbowl By somaseur - T - Rick and Morty

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ZombieHunter, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

Title: Fishbowl
    Author: somaseur
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    Fandom: Rick and Morty
    Pairings: None so far
    Summary: Rick's been left to rot in ultramax-security prison, leaving the Galactic Federation free to turn Earth into a tourist trap. The Smith family are trying their best to fit in back home, when Morty gets on the wrong side of Federation officials.
    Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/4948435/chapters/11359438

Okay, I know all you R&M fans are suffering from withdrawal just like I am. So I decided to search the dregs of the internet for ANYTHING that would even slightly alleviate the tremors, insomnia, and irritability we're going to suffer for a year and a half maybe longer.

What I found was a pleasant surprise. This story picks up after the end of season 2 as you can see from the summary. It has a fairly rapid update rate at once every 3-4 days. The characters are true to their show counterparts. I can read them in their show voices and there is no disconnect whatsoever. The world building that the author does is really cool as well; he/she makes sure to really explore the alien nature of the gromflamites in relation to the humans.

Solid 4/5 for now.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Check it out and see for yourselves.

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It is a well written little thing - I didn't encounter any stumbling blocks in the form of glaring typos or canon discrepancies.

There was a mention or two of the aliens in the floating HQ smiling, which threw me for a minute because I had assumed they were the ones with two mouth tentacles you normally see for the Federation, but that was it.

The writing seems mostly consistent with the show. I like it, but I've only seen each episode a single time, so I'm not a canon god.

A tentative 4/5, based on the promise of what's to come.

3. esran

esran Professor

I'm hesitant to rate this. I've been reading it, and it looks promising, but based on what's there now its not really all that good. If it was abandoned here I would give it a 2/5. If it continues and is good I could see it being a 4/5. For now I'll withhold judgement.

4. sonny_yalin

sonny_yalin Third Year

Nice find. I was actually looking for a little R&M as well and, unsurprisingly, I found nothing even resembling quality. So, as far as Rick and Morty fanfiction goes, this isn't bad. 2.5/5 for now, I think.

On a related note, I think we might see some more Rick and Morty fanfics now that season 2 left us with some good divergent plot lines.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  5. esran

esran Professor

The story has progressed a lot since I last posted. The story has consistently reasonable and interesting characterizations. In the latest chapters with evil Morty, the author does a good job of keeping the reader guessing about what his plan really is. I'm prepared at this point to rate this story a 4/5 and give it the dubious honor of being the best (read only good) Rick and Morty fan-fiction I've read.