1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[gen6] Comp Battle discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by KaiDASH, Nov 2, 2013.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Is anyone here battling, either on wifi or PS!?

I'm playing on PS! in pokebank OU with the following team http://pastebin.com/5cmFqiBr

(in short)
    M-Blastoise, Talonflame, Gengar, Azumarill, Whimsicott, Garchomp

Usually I lead with Garchomp to get up SR - he hits most other SR leads for big damage and same with taunt leads. If I see a ferrothorn or fortress that looks like it'll probably lead I instead start with talonflame. One time the opponent just ff'd turn 1 when that happened. (chomp's nature should be jolly btw ><)

My team doesn't really care about SR being up that much, except talonflame. If I need to use talonflame as a defensive pivot I'll place way higher importance on using rapid spin, otherwise I just use it whenever is easy.

Scarf Gengar is pretty much specifically to revenge mega-gengar, since it outspeeds and 1hko's with shadow ball. It's pretty good at revenge killing a bunch of other things too. One time I lucked out (see: predicted) a Sludge Wave and switched my Gengar in on the turn he m-evo'd, which felt nice.

The other major threat, blaziken, is crushed by both azumarill and talonflame. Actually talonflame is just really amazing, 110 BP priority + STAB is really amazing, then there's the fire stab to take out annoying steel types.

The EV's on everyone is pretty spastic (I have no idea what I'm doing with the speed EV's that aren't maxed) and Aura Sphere is incorrectly illegal on Blastoise ATM (though whether I'd want to drop Ice Beam is another matter..)

Other than that it's been pretty peachy and I've blazed through the lower ranks at least. 500th on the ladder is 1946~ points and I'm at 1858 after 20 games (15-5)