1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Story chapters

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Datakim, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

My few random thoughts about Dresden Files.

You know what I would love to read? A short story from the point of few of some young Wardens and how they see Dresden. That would be a great read considering that we know that most of his achievements are more result of a good fortune than anything else, but for them he is just this ultra bad-ass guy. You know, the one who kills a whole Vampire Court, just because they kidnapped a little girl he didn't even know or is killed, but later gets better (probably).

Also, I heard that Ghost Story audio book is narrated by John Glover (Lionel Luthor from Smallville). Normally I'm not interested in this kind of books, but I'm so curious how it will sound that I may buy myself this one.

Lastly, any info about Cold Days release date? There were rumors about this winter, but I'm not sure how truthfully they were.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Okay. Erandill, I gotta call shenanigans on it. No fucking way would you have just copied a review from another site if you legitimately had read the book.

You cunt.

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I've just finished reading it and for me it's easily the best books in DF series. After the last one I was worried that Jim will not deliver, but fortunately that's not the case. Harry's adventures in afterlife are great and show us aspects of this universe we didn't even think of. And the twist at the end is something no one is expecting... or so I think, because I haven't read it yet. ;)

As you can see Jon - writing a review without reading a book is not that hard. He may as well read it and thought this review is better than anything he could write without giving away spoilers.

Or he is just trolling us.

4. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I have read the book... i just can´t write a good review for it. English isn´t my first language and while I can read it without problems writing is another story. I tried to write my own review but that would have spoiled the whole book and you guys would have killed me for my grammar. So I thought I would give you one review that doesn´t give away too much but still sums up my feelings.

5. Portus

Portus Heir

For an ESL person, this post is better than quite a few native English-speakers can manage on this site, let alone the majority of lesser forums.

But for fuck's sake, don't put something up here without spoiler tags, and previewing the post to make sure you put 'em in right. kthx