1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter: Abjuration by Surarrin - T - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Jon, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Sir Chris

Sir Chris First Year

A very easy 5/5 from me.

This is my favorite Dresden story ever, as well as my favorite ongoing story. I am sure this has been said multiple times but the characterization in this story is in the absolute top tier in the realm of fanfiction. It all feels so real, so genuine, that it is mind boggling to me at times. The only concern I have going forward is I wonder if you can, at any point, have meaningful action scenes when your ability to characterize is so maddeningly good. But honestly? I can't care much. Keep up the good work.

2. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I really enjoyed the scene with Raith. Harry's relaxed attitude around him was cool because no one in Dresden verse would treat the White King so lightly. It shows both Harry's general 'go with the flow' attitude and ignorance of the powers he is around. I'm looking forward to what comes next. So far Harry has been chilling at the Raith Chateu just enjoying something different for a change, but he'll be getting back to England and will be faced with the boredom because of which he went along with Lara when she gave him a job.

Then again, Raith seems to have something planned for him already. I'm guessing the plot within the plot is about to reveal itself.

As always excellent mood and characterization. I wonder if others in the Raith household realize how much the White King values Harry, just given by how well he's treating him. Anyone else and I'd imagine the White King's arrogance meter from merely being at insufferable would be raised to impossible.

3. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

I have a funny suspicion that things will be rather different when Harry returns. It would make sense to send Harry away if there were plots that Raith didn't want him interfering with.

As for Inari, am I the only one who suspects that Raith's concern is not that she will kill Harry, but that he would prevent her from joining the WC? He doesn't feel that strongly about her, but she seems to adore him.

4. lanceavalon

lanceavalon Seventh Year

I have no doubt Raith will try to force Inari into becoming WC with Lara doing what she can to protect her without pissing off daddy.

I can see a stale mate happening in regards to Inari until the start of the book, then Harry comes back around the beginning of the book and it all goes AU.

5. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

So, I decided to read this instead of studying for a test. I chose well.

This story is awesome, the main problem I see is that I can't decide who to ship for.

5/5

6. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

"“As I was saying,” Raith murmured, his eyes tracing the bulge in Harry’s pants."

~Jigokuno laughs immaturely~

It was an okay update other then that. Didn't like the random vacation to England but maybe you have a good reason.

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Random, lol.

8. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Haha, actually maybe since you mentioned it, that line really stuck out to me as well.

9. Mog

Mog DA Member

Jon did it on purpose.
    Btw Gintama? :awesome

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I felt this review I received was worthy of a necro.

11. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

12. Addarash

Addarash Second Year

Lovely to smell the scent of troll reviews. :p

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013