1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry Potter and the Marriage Contracts by Clell65619

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by BloodRedSword, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Well, this story has taken a decidedly dark (and retarded) turn for something listed as Romance/Humor.

Apparently Daphne has been getting raped nightly, ever since winter vacation started, by a roughly eighty-seven-year-old man her father is forcing her to marry.

Harry received a letter from 'Daphne' around Christmas saying she was calling off her relationship. Harry, being the slayer of Voldemort and a huge political power who routinely pushes Dumbledore around, takes his friends' advice that going to confront her family would be bad, so he agrees and leaves her to be violated all the way into the new year. Because of the date of them leaving Hogwarts, the letter, and the date of the marriage, we can tell she's been getting raped every night for about two and a half weeks!

Way to go Harry, you're a prince among morons. All that power and you leave the person you supposedly love most to be raped.

And good on you, Clell65619, for the big fat rape warning you kindly included.

Oh wait...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  2. Renzhoulawyers

Renzhoulawyers Sent Back to India

Atleast with the last ch, it spiked my interest just a bit.

3. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

That sounds completely messed up, Warlocke. I'll read it and edit later with my thoughts.

EDIT: That came from nowhere...

The rest of my thoughts are then brought up by carvell below me.

Meh, I'll read the end, but enjoyment is certainly quite less than it was even three chapters ago.

EDIT 2: The more I think about it, the more it reminds me of Dagger and Rose.

4. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

I read this chapter this morning and as far as I can tell Harry didn't know she was being raped he just got a dear john letter and thought it was true, only when he returned to Hogwarts did he find out she is to be married of.
    The way the next chapter is heading towards it look's like Harry will be using his political power to save her rather than a good fight.

5. Renzhoulawyers

Renzhoulawyers Sent Back to India

Or rather, both. I'm actually quite looking forward to how that's going to turn out. @Warlocke - he cant stop what he doesn't know, now can he?

6. mumihp

mumihp First Year

I completely agree, I thought this was a ok writtern, as it had both Dumbledore and Weasley Bashing, it was amusing too, and next thing I know its gone all dark from humour, and I was like WTF..... The author could have warned about the rape scene, fuck, that shit put me of that fic, what the hell is wrong with the author. I think the Clell65619 may have lost a chunk of his readers including me. I don't know if I want to continue now because all I can think about is when I look at that fic is that Daphne got raped. From a female perspective, you don't like reading that. Anyway it was a 3/5 for me, but because of the last chapter, now 1/5.

For new time readers, If your expecting a nice humour fic, you get that but then you see one of your favourite character gets raped by a 80+ man. Not recommended to anyone, only if your intrested in that sort of dark shit.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  7. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

After a chapter like that, I'm reminded of the old saying, 'Sometimes when you juggle with knives, you shoot yourself in the face. And then the dog rapes the baby in the other room.'

Kind of a harsh old saying, now that I think about it.

I won't pretend to know what Clell was thinking with this chapter but I do know how to salvage it! Do that whole messing with the Wizengamot, maybe dueling Daddy Greengrass... and then have Harry find out about thorough use of Clause Nine by the fugly, scuzzy old man. Only for Harry to pause and see Daphne in a whole new light.
    Why? Because that'd be fucking hilarious. Not those few lines I wrote, but a story where the moral is... rape victims are less attractive? It's funny because it's true. And some people might not see it coming, just like this latest chapter.

8. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

"Let's go trolling for chicks at Toys R Us!"

9. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

This chapter was so stupid. Angsty, cry-pod Harry and clichéd nightly rape = autofailure. 1.7/5, probably won't read any following chapters.

10. Inziladun

Inziladun First Year

Been following this story for some time and this last chapter has made me hate it, if it had been a dark story ok, but in a post-voldemort fic, where all you've found until now is humor and romance to find this really sucks, I wasn't looking for depressing stuff when I read this chapter.

Nonjon's ending would be the only way for me to like this again, because really, what do we expect now? the angst after-rape, Harry being a great guy about it and comforting her with the best sex of her life? At the very least they should make sure that she hasn't got Aids, crabs, or any disease, it is said that there was no hygiene at all. And lets hope she is not pregnant, that would really be the ultimate fic-killer.

11. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

This story was fun and funny.
    I WAS NOT expecting the nasty turn.
    * snarl *
    What does Clell intend to do to fix this? A Time Turner, or obliviate the last two weeks for her? Breaking the contract shouldn't be that difficult for someone of Harry and Neville's motivation and power, but damn. I'm sure that her father and the rapist have made sure she's pregnant: that's an obvious step.

12. Mage Ronin

Mage Ronin Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

lol, Clell. what a dumbass.

13. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I can swear Kinsfire is his Beta. Still the story was light hearted, it wasn't meant for serious stuff such as rape and murder. The setting was to happy for it, if you know what I mean.

In short, the chapter sucked fool.

14. Fellator

Fellator Guest

... Dude, gtfo and stop trying.

15. Dirk Diggory

Dirk Diggory Seventh Year

The latest chapter was hilarious. Oldmanrape!

This story has sucked for a while now but I read it just for lulz. Harry is awesomely retarded. Now he's going to marry a chick that had to gargle old man balls?

16. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Considering the contract Harry originally received for Daphne, he really shouldn't have taken any chances when he got the letter.

Instead, he takes Neville's advice to just sit back and do nothing. Actually, a lot of this could be laid at Neville's doorstep. He's the one that is more familiar with Wizarding culture AND he knew the specifics of Daphne's contract. He should have suspected something dirty was going on.

Considering how many people have screwed Harry over in his life (hello, Dumbledore), how many times he's been burned over legal technicalities, and how Daphne's contract had a clause in it that allowed him a free ride if he wanted it, he should have done something, anything, to make sure nothing horrible was happening.

But nope, once again a character's intelligence is sacrificed on the altar of authorial fiat to make way for the god of drama (and cheap drama at that).

Saved from rape number 20... Wow, just in the nick of time too.

17. Tofferson

Tofferson First Year

I'm not going to bother reading this anymore. I'm just going to pretend what nonjon wrote happened so I can remember this story fondly and laugh my ass off from time to time.

18. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Well, I just bleeped over the ugly stuff, and I am looking forward to harry showing us just what happened to voldermort, by opening a can of kick ass in the courtroom.

Or maybe not?

19. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

there is nothing i dislike more than when a fun fic i read turns into a dark angst shit within a single chapter (and usually without any warning/foreshadowing in the earlier chapters).
    I don't mind dark fics (though i consider rape to be tasteless and usually don't read fics where the author tries to deal with abuse like that, because most fics like that inevitably turn into a train-wreck) but a fic which is supposed to be funny shouldn't take such sharp turns...

20. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I agree with just about everything said. In one chapter this fic has gone from decent to goat shit.