1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Touch of Destiny by EnigmaDecoder - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by EnigmaDecoder, Jun 15, 2006.

1. EnigmaDecoder

EnigmaDecoder Midknight's Mancrush

Title: Harry Potter and the Touch of Destiny
    Author: EnigmaDecoder
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Pairings: none decided
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 41,427
    Updated: December 19, 2006
    Published: June 9, 2006

Summary: Dumbledore finds his powers beginning to decline, while Voldemort's are growing. Harry discovers new powers, but will the Wizarding World accept them? The Prophecy is revealed to all, but is it open to interpretation? Harry's 6th year. No HBP!
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2982664/1/

Its still just an infant, but hope you enjoy
    EnigmaDecoder

Checked by Minion, March 10, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
  2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I read the first two chapters and it seems like a solid start of a nice in-canon story. I'm eager to see how you're planning to jumpstart Harry's power. I hope it's not just 'magical maturity' or some shit like that, since Riddle have had his powers all the time.

I'll keep following it as long as you steer clear of too much romance and whiny attitude/angst. Oh and not drop it halfway through the summer.

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Trident watch is that you?

KIDDING!!! Don't ban him! I'm just fucking around, and this guy's new, so...I'm a dick. :(

4. Myst

Myst Headmaster

It was a solid start to a story. It will be nice to see how this will end up independent with a Hardass Harry.

5. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

I liked your Voldemort alot. Its nice to see one that is intelligent and doesn't discount muggles. Sure, he may spout pureblood idealogy, but like any good general, most idealogy is more a line to get recrutment rather than a hard fast belief system. You're going to have to be careful though to develop your light side. Between your intelligent Voldemort, Severus's unknown spying on the order , Dumbledore's comments about teaching Harry spells rather than tactics, his declining power and a fairly average teenager Harry, be careful about avoiding sinking into the hole of a powerful darkside, really weak lightside and yet a miraculous victory for the light.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  6. EnigmaDecoder

Thank you all for the interest. I plan on making this story as cliche free as I can. Those that I do include, I hope to use in a unique way. Please call me on it if it doesn't appear that I am.

I have always hated when writers make Death Eaters out to be stupid morons and I refuse to write them that way. Come on, Molly Weasley takes out four of them(WTF). Moody,maybe.

Off to write, next update should be out soon,
    EnigmaDecoder

7. Dark Prince

Dark Prince Guest

Great job. I like how Voldemort doesn't use use crucio on everyone ( but mostly Wormtail) like in all the other fics I've read.

8. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Your story is treading dangerously close to Pussy!Harry territory. Harry fearing fat muggles and letting Vernon hit him is always a no-no. You might as well let Voldemort win if Harry is going to let himself get smacked around and insulted by his Uncle.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Whoa.

Very impressive. I really dug this, although the part where Voldemort reveals his Snape plans to the entire audience only to obliviate the death eaters felt like a cheap and easy way to let us in on Voldemort's plans.

I also didn't like how afraid Harry was of Vernon in chapter 2. He's 16! At that point he should stand up for himself and threaten to kick his fat ass! Not good.

OTher than that...FANTASTIC!!!! :D :D :D :D

UPDATE SOON!!!

10. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

He's hardly a pussy for taking a hit like a man.

I fail to see where Harry went all pussy-like.

11. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

^You're not serious, right?

The sole reason Harry took the blow was because he didn't want to get hit more than once, not out of some desire to prove himself as a man. Just because someone doesn't have a glass jaw doesn't make them any less of a bitch if they let some idiot beat the shit out of them without defending themself. What's next, will Harry let fucking Voldemort Crucio him to prove he can take pain, all the while being some self-rightious dipshit who wont defend himself because of some skewed bullshit morals? Give me a break.

12. EnigmaDecoder

Thank you all for your comments so far. Just want to take a second and address a couple of them.

Illusive- Thanks for your comments. I wanted to start this story as close to canon as I could. Let's face it, canon Harry IS bit of a puss. While it might have been satisfying to have Harry disembowel the Dursley's on his first day back, in the long run, I think it is going to be more satisfying to show his journey from a canon puss, into a self-reliant, take no shit, powerful wizard.

Chuck- Thanks for calling me on the obliviation. Looking back, that was sort of a cop-out on my part. Glad you seem to like the story otherwise.

For those interested, Chapter 3 is posted and I will continue to update this story once a week or so.

EnigmaDecoder

13. Lucas13

Lucas13 Second Year

Well written but TOO close to cannon for me to like it...

14. Eliyah

Eliyah First Year

I like your Dumbledore. He doesn't whine over how bad Harry has it and he isn't trying to ruin Harry's life. He is just trying to help him by any means necessary. I can't wait to see how you finally unlock Harry's powers.

Keep up the good work!

15. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

I think this is most definetely one of the best stories i've read. I particularly like the characterisation of Voldemort and dumbledore, they seemed everything they should have but not overly so like a lot of clichés (dumbledore being both intelligent and slightly manipulative and voldemort being cunning and such). I thought harry was getting close to a pussy!harry but we haven't seen very much of him so i'll hold my judgement.

I just hope you keep up the good work.

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Oh, this is nice. Slightly manipulative Dumbledore, smart Riddle and a very nice way to pump up Harry's skills AND give him the Power he knows not.

The only peeve for now is that Harry's acting a bit like a lost puppy, but I hope his new psychic powers augment his brain a bit.

4.5/5

17. EnigmaDecoder

Thanks IP. Glad you like the story so far. I see your point about Harry though. The chapters to this point have been pretty much me laying some groundwork and getting Harry where I needed him to be. Now that I have the framework in place I can finally start working on Harry's development, which will take place over the next 2-3 chapters. On the whole, I am happy with the way the story has turned out so far, but I hope to continue to improve as a writer as it progresses.

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Great story :D

I like the new chapter. Its good. Not perfect, and its the traditional Harry/mentor thing. Great though. I like it.

19. participium

participium Guest

Nice story, it's original. That's a given. I do have a problem with why Harry took the punch. Why didn't he simply dodge and gave Vernon a punch back to the throat?
    Don't know much more to say though.

20. EnigmaDecoder

participium - Vernon didn't hit Harry. He was about to, but something prevented it. I'll have to review that section to be sure it is written clearly/