1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Incredible action scenes - which fic has the best?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Element, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Link to it please Alexx.

2. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

I could name a lot more flashy and known ones with some creative big magic gimmicks where "coolness" is the driving factor. But what really gets me the most is when it gets gritty and the fear and struggle for survival is palpable.

If you like The-Unforgiving-Minute you should like these with a far less competent and experienced Harry.

Harry against Snape and Moody + Hogmeads fights in The-Potter-Conspiracy

Brothers-in-Arms is the GoF fight running out of control which then leads to Nurmengard where Harry needs to survive again in Die Hard fashion. Though both stories could need some polishing the fight scenes are a complete rush.

3. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

That's actually the scene I always think of whenever people bring this topic up.

4. Damask

Damask Seventh Year

The Prisoner's Cypher has some mindblowing action scenes. The best ones by far. I usually tend to be completely bored by action scenes, and Echtelion (?) is the only author so far who got me reading them eagerly. (I'm not particularly impressed with the rest of the fic though -- it reads like a ride on Hermione's emotional rollercoaster, and towards his Harry I could only feel mild to moderate annoyance and dislike.)

5. Alexx

Alexx Card Captored and buttsecksed

6. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

And I thought you had to click somewhere special before you could post in an old thread - don't tell me you're the kind of person who clicks a checkbox on the Internet without properly reading all the text beside it? ;)

7. 0jordinio0

0jordinio0 Seventh Year

The real question is, who hasn't read it?

Anyway, in all honesty I'd say my favorite action scenes are done by Shezza. Especially in his/her Denarian series. There's just something about Shezza's completely cynical, witty and just plain arsehole Harry, even in mid-combat that gets me jonesing with excitement everytime I re-read that trilogy.

And trust me, that's saying alot because I re-read that set of fics every 2-3 months. It is without a doubt my all-time favorite Harry Potter fanfic and I honestly doubt there will be another like it that will get me just as excited as shezza does with his/her writing.

8. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Too bad he moved into Naruto which for some reason never appealed to me. Hope he comes back to HP fandom and continues the Denarian series or take up a new project.

9. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I hope he she finishes up his her Naruto fic and proceeds on to original fiction.

10. Punt

Punt DA Member

The fight scenes that I really enjoyed are the ones already recommended, ie. Shezza's fics, Catharsis, Demon's Feign Merlin's Pain, Wastelands, Lie I've Lived, Unforgiving minute, etc. Fictional by Dark Syaoran had some cool fight scenes too iirc.

11. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I tried reading Unholy Land a couple of years ago but it was just so bad. All that melodrama, stunning sticks, a freaking katana, Jason Bourne stuff, flashbacks in italics...

Does the sequel get better? Or is this praised Grindelwald Vs Harry fight taken straight out of a Jet Li movie?

12. Alexx

Alexx Card Captored and buttsecksed

The sequel is pretty good but its abandoned.