1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Iuga Sortis (Bound By Destiny) by bana05-PG13-P1

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Vtigo, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Title: Iuga Sortis (Bound By Destiny)
    Author: bana05
    Rating: PG-13
    Genre: Advent/Romance
    DLP Category: The ALT's
    Pairing: Harry/OC, Ron/Hermione, Draco/Ginny, Fred/Angelina
    Summary:What if Voldemort was the least of the wizarding world's worries? What if gods and goddesses of old return for the ultimate battle of good and evil? What if you were at the center of it all and didn't know it?

Fate is a funny thing.

(This fic is on checkmated and in the bedroom area, so to read it you need a checkmated account/bedroom account. I read this fic almost 3 years ago now, I ended up enjoying all the new ideas/plot twists the author had in his story. I want to see what yall think of here so I am throwing it to the wolf's lol. :p)

Link:http://www.checkmated.com/authors.php?name=bana05&cat=stories

2. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

Isn't checkmated like the Ron/Hermione shippers site?

Also Draco/Ginny?

3. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Some what, the only thing checkmated must have is ron/herm in the fic. Its the only req for the site, tho in the fic as long as they are together they dont have to been seen at all in the fic. So you could have them fly off to la la land and ignore them the whole fic and be able to post it up. lol

4. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

okay... i've only read the the prologue and the first chapter, and no. no, no, no. This is way to much fluff for me too handle. 3/5 only because the writing is impeccable, even if the story rubs me wrong.

5. Hesuse Christe

Hesuse Christe First Year

I tried readig it... please kill me now. I don't want to live after that.

6. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Lol if its to much fluff for you, you can try skipn to the 2nd part of the three fic's. Much more combat etc

7. mielterron

mielterron Second Year

First off Checkmated.com never gives me access to their bedchamber thing, and it involves d/g which is just wrong.

8. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Checkmated is purely fluff. Not something that everyone would like here, but it isn't as bad as other sites, there a few ones here from checkmate. THey ship L/J as well, one of my favorite fics from that ship are over there.

You can use Bugmenot to get there. Snape is way to OOC, what with his love of that girl. I prefer him a dark bastard. Not a person with any "warmth" in his heart. 2.5/5, 3.5 if fluff is your thing.

9. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The fluff doesn't bother me; I've encountered much worse. But something about Harry's personality in this really turns my stomach.

3/5 for good writing.
    2/5 overall because I can't stand this fic.

10. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

i just cant read a story where severus snape calls anyone or thing "little one" without a prefix or suffix that alludes to the size of a penis. just not mean enough for him at all. 2/5 because as previously stated, the guy can write, just not what i want to read.

11. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm bumping this for great justice - and because it's a poor neglected fic...

...which belongs in the trash bin. The only good thing about this fic is that it has good grammar. The bad? Characterization. It sucks - it's like a murder of Care Bears attacked every character so that they would think nothing but sappy thoughts and find love with one another. While I'm a big fan of the Harry/OC pairing - having him dreaming about a 2nd year student while he's in 5th year is a bit of a stretch for me.

2/5. The author can write - but he shouldn't. Reading the first four chapters gave me Type II diabetes.