1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Landing on his feet by Dante Stark-M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by yankee, Jul 12, 2008.

1. yankee

yankee Squib

Title: Landing on his feet
    Author: Dante Stark
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Humor
    DLP Category: The Alternates?
    Pairing: None yet
    Summary: 37 year old Harry Potter's mid-life crisis is coming up. Its a bit more extreme than most. AU
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4183169/1/Landing_on_his_feet

I thought it was entertaining. The humor is hit or miss and there doesn't seem to be a major plot point yet. The action scenes are written fairly well. I can see this going downhill if it gets too weird, but its a 4/5 for me now.

2. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Lost me around "Amazonia". Not going to rate it since I can't take this serious. Maybe it's someone else's cup of tea.

3. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

I have been following this for some time, the Amazonia bit is merely the set up. Pretty funny fic, but it does fall flat occasionally and has a slow update rate. 4/5

4. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

It's not a bad story, and Harry gets fucked over many times. Nothing is really as it seems I guess and the Magical world in one place is a little hyper military in its magic.

Meh. It makes sense but I couldn't really read it with a smile past the first chapter and chapter three made me sulk. But it's okay. 2/5 from me, though the author's language skills and form are quite readable.

5. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

It's okay. The Amazon section reads like it's separate from the story, and I'm not getting many laughs out of the rest. 2.5 stars.

6. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

On the good idea, I'm surprised by how little the Amazonian women are ever mention in the HP fandom. And the authors rapid change from grape-love to a succulent heart of our hero is fluid.

7. mikey_revit

mikey_revit Squib

I got all the way to the conversation with Flamel and I couldn't take it any more. 2/5 only because I could believe the first chapter

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008