1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    League of Legends is soon to come out and it seems pretty good. Unfortunately I couldn't get into the BETA so I wondered if there are some BETA testers on DLP who could share their experiences. How is this game?

For more information:
    http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

2. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Signed up for the beta a week ago, just got the closed beta invite now.

Edit:

Just played my first game, its pretty fun. HoN clones the items from DotA, this adds completely new and original ones, same with the heroes. It lacks polish though(being a beta and all).

That said, I am about to play HoN instead of playing another match.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  3. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

If you really really want a beta key... Pm me. I've still got 2 laying about.

4. Nemrut

High Score:
    Thanks but in the meantime I got a BETA key too and I have to say : I like this game. Buying items is so much better, the new level maximum is great, he heroes are fun and although I firstly opposed the summoner, I see the strategic value if a team combines the right abilities. I still find the skill trees unnecessary though.

Great game to play.

5. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

lololol Cartoon version of DOTA, i just played it, and i can say its pretty fun. HoN beats this by a mile though in terms of ...everything. Though i only tried one class, the hero selection really needs work.

6. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

This, nearly to the letter.

It honestly wasn't fun the first time I played it. I played the cardmaster hero, who has a skill which theoretically has to have you microing the ENTIRE GAME, but still didn't feel fun, even when I had +DPS up the wazoo.

Just seemed... boring. Plus the fact that you could only play on weekends limited me a lot from trying it more.

7. leenK

leenK First Year

I've seen a couple of vids @ youtube, didnt like it as much as dota or hon. But can't really say much without trying it.

8. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Ha, I could have picked up a beta key through fileplanet, but my subscription finally ended.

9. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I actually started playing this recently after my friend gifted me a copy of the collector's edition. Its a solid game, with a great community... compared to HoN. Its got an automated matchmaking sytem that I really like. Games start w/in a minute if you're going solo, even at 3 in the morning. Unlike Hon, they don't show you what your rating is. If you decide to enter the matchmaking system with a group of five, they'll pit you against a group of people(soloers/pairs etc) that have a 65 percent chance of winning if there isn't another group of 5 within a 5% chance of winning.

If you've played HoN/Dota, I consider this game to be a lot like -em dota. Theres lots of ganking and no denying. No pulling creep aggro etc, no neutral creep stacking etc. Its just simplified dota. That said not only are their hero spells, but theres also spells that you can bring in as a 'summoner'. You also get Runes as a summoner, that can help further customize your hero, whether its increasing crit chance, improving base hp regen etc.

Its fun. Its free! They rotate 10 heroes (of 40) every single week, so you can get the opportunity to play different heros. Every time you play a game you get influence points which you can in turn use to unlock new heros, runes, boosts (increases xp + influence points for your summoner), and skins for heroes that you have unlocked. Never fear, the paying customers don't get any 'advantage' per say, except the chance to access the more complex heros, earlier.

Its late, I'm probably not entirely coherent. I'll edit this post later.

10. Nemrut

High Score:
    The BETA wasn't bad but I didn't pick it up, the Summoner thing going on is just no my thing. A match can be heavily influenced by the fact that some have a really good rune book while you for example don't. HoN at least "only" requires the ingame skill, not beforehand preparation.

That being said, it is still a fun game, I still think the items were handled better there and the "back to the base teleport" everyone has should have been part of HoN too.

Also yeah, it is easier, in LoL I was always one of the better players in the game while in Dota/HoN I am hardly above average the most time. (Getting better though^^)