1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lost season finale

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Voice of the Nephilim, May 26, 2008.

1. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

No Ben can leave when ever he wants, but when he moves the island as a consequence he can't return.

Or it could be that he's not welcome back by the island... I'm guessing thats what they're going to try.

2. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

Ultra retarded theory:
    Locke was dead all along. Sixth Sense, in a way.

3. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Maybee not... I figure all the survivors are pretty much a little psychic.

It could be that we have a sixth sense scenario going on here.
    Maybee Claire even died sometime after child birth and that would explain why she was in the cabin

4. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yah, for a while I was thinking that maybe the Island was somewhat like a purgatory, however I stopped with that theory after a while because it hurt my head trying to figure out how everything would work into it.

5. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if the survivors just started to set fire to the island simply because they've had enough.

If I got kidnapped and harrased by the locals for no good reason when all I want to do is go home, I'd probably snap and just kill everything with fire.

Let's see them save the island now...

When Jack pulled the trigger on Locke I was cheering my ass off, Vague son of a bitch.

6. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

If Widmore's photos were any indication, along with Ben's multiple passports and vast amounts of foreign currency, Ben had been off-island many times. Taking this fact into account, it's not a stretch that whomever leads the Others, has responsibilities off-island. To me, this accounts for Locke's presence back in the United States. He certainly had the means to do so, being in possession of Desmond's boat, as well as any other zany powers that the island possesses.

The Casimir effect mentioned in the Orchid station is the attractive force between two plates that are placed near one another in a vacuum. It was said the chamber was placed next to a negatively charged pocket of exotic energy. The Vault (frozen chamber behind chamber), in my estimation, is adjacent to a pocket of anti-matter, held in checked by the "unique magnetic properties of the island". In my theory, deep beneath the earth, lay a pocket of anti-matter, or dark energy. Surrounding this is a pure vacuum, which prevents the anti-matter or whatever from becoming unstable. On the outside of the vacuum lay magnetically charged mineral walls, which is where the Casimir effect comes into play.

It is theorized, and borderline provable with mathematics, that time travel is indeed possible, but we lack the necessary energy source to accomplish that. Perhaps this dark matter, whatever, has enough energy to accomplish this. What's more, is that with a large enough energy source, the island itself can actually tessaract.

Long, rambling theory over.

The finale itself, very good by itself, but rushed in a few places.

Michael and Jin getting killed off in that matter was surprising, but a fitting end to Michael's story arc. Jin, you actually felt sorry for, especially since he wasn't ready to sacrifice himself.

I found it nice that Sayid found someone he could not handily beat in combat, and needed interference to escape from Keamy. A mercenary that cold should be a more-than-proficient killer. Loved when Keamy kicked the grenade into Omar. Keamy, you made a great bad guy, and will be missed. Still wonder what their ultimate goal was. I'd assume it would be control of the ability to traverse time, but there are many a possibility.

The producers said four-toed statue would be addressed this year. Yeah, that didn't end up happening.

I don't know how a baby survives a helicopter crash. Unless it really is a devil-baby.

7. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

As someone who didn't see much beyond the first season, I feel like I've stumbled into a bizarre cousin of Mornington Crescent.

8. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Well, it is not like Harry Potter has its own crackpot ideas.

9. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I don't think there really is an ultimate goal so much as who ever controls the island wins.

Penny's old man and Ben seem to be the two warring factions and the survivors are pawns.

I'm just going to throw it out there...

The islands alive, thats what the smoke thing is, its avatar of sorts... And we have a case of the plant monster from sailormoon where the island was sick of the fighting and called in a third party to save it.

The survivors...

There I've said , its done... I'm going to bed.

10. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

New season is up to its third episode.

Thankfully this season seems to be flowing a lot nicer than the last one.

Its explaning more with out adding to much new stuff in.

11. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

As VotN started this topic with a mention of the finale for season four being near, I'll revive by stating the obvious: one episode left and then the two hour season 5 finale week after next. Who's still watching? Thoughts on the season?

I've been enjoying it quite a bit. There were a couple of iffy episodes, but overall it's been great. The time travel was a bit WTF at first but it grew on me quickly (by the end of the initial episode with it, really), and with the latest episode, it's all falling into place (re: H-Bomb). Several twists have certainly kept it interesting; Ben killing Locke, Sayid shooting (I thought killed until the next episode...) young Ben, Kate and Sawyer were the ones who brought Ben to the Others, and several others.

12. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I'm still watching. I was so totally pleased when faraday said screw fate. He'll make his own destiny.

His stupid mother has been pissing me off with her all knowing predeterminism crap.

I know it won't work but still I like the sentiment. Its better than the do whatever it takes to make the future the way you know it turns out to be because it will turn out that way anyway attitude.

That is the most annoying redundant attitude I have ever heard of.

If they think they can't change the future, they might as well do whatever the hell they want rather than constantly try not to meddle with the timeline.

I'm still wondering whats up with the ajira crew. Did they find the temple and go homocidal like the french crew... or are they working for whidmore?

13. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

By ajira crew do you mean Sun, Locke and Ben? Or Bram and Ilana, the two people who attacked Lapidus? Ben wouldn't be working for Widmore, and if you mean Bram and Ilana, I don't think they're working for Widmore either, as Bram tried to recruit Miles and urged him not to go on Widmore's boat.

14. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

The title of the finale is "The Incident".

I think I have a better idea how this season will end. We've been led to believe, this entire time, that "The Incident" occurred because the magnetic energy trapped below the Swan station was punctured, causing some sort of great devastation.

Well, Pierre Change hasn't exactly been truthful in every Dharma video that he's done. We don't actually know that the Incident was truly caused by what lay beneath the site of the Swan Station. Yet we've been hearing an awful lot about a hydrogen bomb as of late...

My guess?

The island didn't always move. Faraday might have had some sort of specific plan to destroy the energy, but Jack and Kate never found out the specifics of how the hydrogen bomb would be used. Jack and Kate convince the Others to help them place the bomb underground at the Swan site. Considering the lush jungle and area, the bomb couldn't have went off above ground. I'm thinking hydrogen bomb went off in the resevior holding the energy. The resulting explosion is powerful enough to rip a hole in the space/time continuum. Now, the island is constantly tessaracting(sp?). It's described as moving because it truly is. This suits the Others purpose, since it helps to hide the island.

Oh yeah, and this season has been quite awesome overall.

15. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Interesting idea. I never thought about that when I was wondering where the season would end. My thoughts had been, up until two weeks ago, the Others attack on the Dharma village. However, recent events make that theory unlikely. For this season, at least.

Since the group is heading back to the beach, will we see who was firing those lit arrows when they were jumping through time? I think that was the only one that wasn't explained...

EDIT: And the group attacking on the boats in the storm. But after thinking on it more, I'd say we won't find out.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  16. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

My second revive of this topic, I guess. Given that there were responses last time, I assume some of you did watch the season finale?

Time for some comments. Be warned, they're not that coherent.

It was pretty silly running around with the bomb strapped to Sayid's back, but it did seem the most viable option at the time. The bomb was hardly expected to ever be moved again when it was put there, though it wasn't explained how it was moved there in the first place.

Elsewhere, Locke still actually being dead was an excellent (and pleasing) twist. It makes me happy that the island can't revive dead people on whims and not everyone. More mentions of Claire. Is she still alive and will return next season or what?

Jakob was pretty interesting, and his "opponent" (missed his name). Better explain how Jakob knows everything; where people are and why he met all the main characters from the crash at some point, not to mention all the information he gives to the "leaders". How does NotLocke look like him? How he's still alive? How's Jakob and Richard still alive, for that matter? What happened to the statue? How does Alana know Jakob? Why does she and her group keep saying they're the good guys? Who are they against?

Juliet dying was a shame. I prefered her to Kate. Juliet and Sawyer was plain weird. Still, it had the possibility of a strange symmetry that went undeveloped; Sawyer/Kate and the dozens of Jack/Juliet hints in Seasons 3 and 4. But it was all angsty looks between Sawyer and Kate.

And the big one; the bomb going off. It has to have worked, or at least done something. Otherwise Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Miles, Hurley etc are all dead. There's no show with all of them wiped off the map so something has to have happened. I'm also at a total loss to where the show is heading now.

Still enjoying it, though, and that's all that matters right now. Most (if not all) will be explained in due time. Since I've lasted this long, I can last one more season to find out what the hell is going on.

Tl;dr: Typical LOST episodes continue. Major cliffhanger. More questions, some answers, but definitely more questions. Want more, now.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  17. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Not going to bother with a spoiler tag. You are Forewarned!

Frankly unless Jack stops being all serious and self isolated loner type that bemoans his life, I can't really be happy with him landing any chick.

and every chick works with Sawyer.

I actually liked the juliet sawyer relationship. It was alot more ... pleasing than the kate one.

Actually Kate and jack deserve each other just because their both so imperfect for anyone else. Together their dysfunctionally adequate.

I'm wondering if we'll ever see the real locke again, now that the nuke has gone boom.

Also if Bens daughter isn't in cahoots wiht Not-Locke then who would she siding with. I can make a guess but its probably going to be some overly complicated roundabout thing that involves her being sent to the past or the future or something to make sure jacob is killed for some reason that is completely crap and is going to take at least 3/4 of the season to explain by the writers.

Still I liked this season. Dharma was always interesting. The others, not so much. They're all just a bunch of tools being lead by here say and myth.

I have a small interest in the ajira crew... the ones who keep asking the question. They're like the others but they actually seem to unstand what they're doing.