1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Vote: Fluff

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Jarizok's case on Jan is some serious bullshit.

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

It's really not that bad though.
    Like, Fable was dismissing it off the bat earlier, and saying Jari needed to drop certain aspects of it (Jan spew part), but I can see where Jari is coming from (although it would help if he/she were here a bit more) and don't quite understand the overwhelming amount of scumreads Jari has.
    I'd appreciate it if anyone would explain the meta insight that has everyone convinced he/she is wolfing. Saw someone say low volume is a scum!Jari tell, but then someone else said that only applies after D1. If that's true, I'm inclined to wait and let Jari solve themselves

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

It really is that bad.

This is also some serious bullshit.

Jarizok, to me your case looks constructed to fit the read, instead of the read arising from you actually trying to figure people out, studying their posts, and showing your reasoning.

Like in past games, you've written posts like that and then at the end were like "you know what I think I've talked myself into townreading this person." Because the goal was to sort people, not just get someone lynched.

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I assume you mean past wolfgames exclusively?

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Fluff definitely takes precedence for today, unless he magically starts taking this seriously and playing the damn game. I'm talking to you, @HisFluffiness.

Can you elaborate on Delphine's wolfmeta and how much experience you have with it?

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Oh my god is Tapatalk enabling me to break the automerge feature??! [emoji119][emoji119]

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

It is! Plus no annoying leftover text after every post

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So my experience with delphine as a wolf is kind of odd? It was actually on PerC not here and the game's mechanics and flavor were a bit elaborate, was crusades themed iirc. Now with my role I was given flavor that I preferred it if 2-3 certain players made it to end game and mistakenly thought that meant all the listed players were villagers which they were.....with the exception of delphine.

This lead me to not even bother to try to read delphine at all and I let her get away with murder (like literally she was killing my team and I was like "it's cool my QT says you're probably fine"). That being said I do remember what she was like that game, now first off activity isn't really a tell for her since she's never posted a lot in any of the games I've played with her or read. That being said as a wolf I think her posts are much shorter on average and there's less of a progression on people, she will wolf read people much easier as a wolf I think as well as I don't think she asks as many questions.

This is just what I remember it's possible she's changed in that time as that game was about a year ago I think. I mean I was technically a wolf with her MU anni but I think mashes are bad games to try and take meta from and don't take them seriously. Also I did tead a wolf game on MU to get meta for her for my first game here (WH8) but remembering games you weren't in is difficult to do so I'd probably have to reread it.

10. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Ah. Got it. Thanks! That does sound a bit different than here (lack of scumreads + longer posts). And yeah I hardly even consider mashes real games lol

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    The post with all my games in it (that doesn't include games played on MU, Flight Rising, or the game it was posted in for obvious reasons.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry it took so long for me to find it, I got distracted by something shiny.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Watching new players interact with Fluff is always fun.

This is his meta, btw.

"Town or scum?"

Yes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, he's the dedicated D3 PoE mislynch most of the time, at least according to Newcomb.

(On Fantasy Strike, we used to do it D1 or just prevent him from signing up in the first place. >>; )
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have a feeling that wolves here if not-Fluff would try to lynch him earlier because his flip wouldn't reflect badly on them? Since it's Fluff.

And if wolves contain Fluff, other wolf can't really defend him without being super obvious
    ... At least, in my opinion.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm free for the rest of Day, btw.

Had an accidental 3 hour nap this afternoon, so I might be able to stay up later. Maybe. Though I should probably wake up at 9 to have 6 hours before deadline. Good luck with that, me.

Any Australians in this one?

12. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 1.10

Jari [3] - Delphine, Beru, Font.
    Jan [2] - Fable, Jari.
    Beru
    [1] - Miner.
    Font [1] - Rubicon.
    Fluff [1] - GH.

Not Voting [3] - Asmo, Jan, Fluff.

With eleven players alive, it will take six votes to soft-lynch and nine votes to hard-lynch!

Day One ends on September 14 at 3pm PST.

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Jari should probably post some good shit before we cut his head off, tbqh.

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I'll also try to be up earlyish to give myself time to reread and place final vote before EoD because I'll have to leave at about 2:15ish PST (offered to take grandma to her orthopedic surgeon followup appt awhile back and the appt is tomorrow at 3:30 almost an hr away from her house)

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

As should His Fluffiness tbqh
    Like asap

16. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Oh yeah separate line

Vote: His Fluffiness

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Reminder that it really does in fact take at least 6 people to come to consensus when you're thinking of where to leave your vote, btw.

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

If it doesn't hit 6 nobody gets lynched? No majority here?

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Yup.

Time for you to convince half the thread why to lynch that guy over Jari.

By the way, you can ping people here, like so: @his fluffiness .

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Ah yeah I see the bit about softlynch minimum in OP. It said majority so I assumed that meant majority of votes, not player total.