1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Fanfiction List

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Tinder, Feb 11, 2006.

Not open for further replies.
  1. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

man...these '3 or so' threads are still a lot better than most naruto forums i've crossed. if i didn't mind yaoi, non-naruto-centered or just cliched like hell fics so much, i'd probably hang out there -.-

2. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

I didn't mean to say that it's not good to read naruto fanfiction, I myself enjoy many of them. But if you're at this forum why not check out HP also?

3. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

huh???
    thought i was clear enough about that a few posts further down:
    a) i stopped reading hp some time back but when i registered here i was still interested in it and used this forum as my source for hp fics
    b) switched to naruto fics and this forum conveniently had some threads concerning that topic too (not that i didn't search for any naruto forums...but the users there had some weird taste in naruto fics -.-)
    so i guess what i really want to say is that despite the fact that this is a hp forum and that there are real naruto forums, this one still suits me best.

decided to give it a try...got to the 1. chapter a/n so far. got the pairing votes still open? want to see how you'd pull the naru/fem!gaara off :D (other than that i'd probably vote for sakura if just to give you a bad time at writing :))

Title: Perpetual Smile
    Author: Don't Really Care
    Rating: T
    Pairing: Naruto/Shizune
    Category: Action/Adventure/Angst
    Summary: Despite the happy sounding title, it's not all that happy. A few years ago, a young Naruto went missing. What happened to him during that time.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3083237/1/

this story features the roots!naruto someone proposed in the 'naruto fic ideas' thread. only the prologe out so far. while i like the basic idea behind this (and this thing with the smile) i don't really enjoy the author's writing style that much (he also tends to be quite cliched at times like in 'shadow fox'). but i guess this fic will be (like the other one) an 'ok' read.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  4. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

I think he was referring to li.u specifically, because li.u said that he didn't read hp fanfiction anymore.

5. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Aye, I tried to find a naruto forum once.... *shudders* It was not pretty.

6. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Fear the Naruto forums, they are a haven for every fangirl possible.

7. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

Yes... I tried too and only found a bunch of fan girls who put a bunch of gaara and sasuke crap. How can those fangirls turn an uber cool character, such as a demon container who can crush people with SAND, into some emotional emo. It's despicable. :)

8. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

pff...they just can...we're talking about 'PEOPLE' who are capable of pairing naruto with every male available in 'The Great Five Shinobi Countries'...so for THEM it should be nothing to fuck up any character they feel the need to 'change for the better'

9. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Title: The Golden Fox
    Author: Nyce456
    Rating: M
    Pairing: Naruto/OC
    Category: Action/Adventure
    Summary: After Naruto and company failed to return Sasuke, he was banished from the village. six years later, with the Akatuski and Sound defeated, The Cloud has declared war on the Leaf. Tsunade believes there is one person who can help, the Golden Fox himself.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2851847/1/

Title: Two Halves
    Author: DameWren
    Rating: T
    Pairing: Naruto/Hinata
    Category: Romance
    Summary: Naruto and Hinata are sent away on a long term training mission, leaving their lives behind for three years. Complete.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1812406/1/

Just as a note, I'm glad that you had my true favorites (Bloody Wiskers, For The Love Of My Friends), but I am surprised that no one put up Two Halves; it is one of the truly classic stories, epic length with one of the more original plotlines that I have come across... yeah, it's romance, so you do have to put up with it, but it isn't pointless fluff. Anyway, enjoy.

10. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

I tried reading Two Halves last year, but stopped, not sure why though.

Golden Fox sounded a lot like The Last One and such, so I didn't bother.

However, I feel like reccing this story if only how close it follows canon.

Title: Demon Serpent
    Author: Demon God Of Chaos
    Rating: Mature
    Pairing: None at the moment
    Category: Action/Adventure
    Sumamry: Harry Potter Naruto crossover Harry, in an act of desperation, creates a tear in space, drawing him to another world where he shall learn the deadly art of being a Shinobi. a very wellknown shinobi, to say the least... vote for pairings
    Link: Yo

Even though he does have minor writing issues (not making each conversation into it's own paragraph, some minor spelling), I found it enjoyable. Especially how close it follows canon.

11. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

i tried both of those...the 'golden fox' one was quite bad if i remember right. it was pretty fucked up super!naruto stuff...if you wanna give it a try you'll soon enough see what i mean (+ it only get's progressivly worse with more and more unbelievable godlike stuff...uber!phoenix summoning contract and the likes)

two halves...don't remember this fic that well...but it's basically your everyday 'naruto gets trained by mysterious super!oc' story...didn't get past the initial chapters and skimmed it from their on and from what i could see the oc count (yeah more super!oc's) just kept increasing.

don't really like Xover's that much but already heard quite frequently that some naruto/hp crossovers were decent or even quite good which i can't really believe is possible when crossing any manga with hp...hum seems like i'll just have to see for myself 'shudder'

12. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

I have really liked Demon Serpent, but it the dialogue just seems a little bit... odd and doesn't flow that well. Also some of the situations are far too unrealistic, come on who could decieve a hokage just by wearing a mask and standing in front of him talking to him. Thats almost as pathetic as everyone believing clark kent isn't super man because clark wears glasses and super man doens't.

Also the other demon god of chaos uses the blind hatred of dumbledore to establish a character for Harry/Orochimaru but that leads to a static character who isn't well rounded and hasn't grown thoughout the story.

But other than those flaws I thought it was very good, I am looking foward to how they reintroduce Harry/Orochimaru into the wizarding world.

13. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Rofl, I see. Yes you'd do me a disservice by choosing Sakura, I could make it work but I don't enjoy her character that much.

Jon

14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Jon, I will KEELHAUL you if you choose the story's pairing based on a reader poll. I HATE that shit. I hate shipping polls in general though...they're a cheap way to whore for reviews.

15. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

then you should just vote for sakura and make him regret it :twisted:

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I don't whore for reviews though. I only have like 187 or something for it right now. Honestly it's just a way for me to make the Hinata shippers to go NO WAIII wi chos3 hin4t4 d00d! We both know what the final pairing will be. ^_^ B ut Honestly, people are choosing what I want them to choose -nods.- People vote for Anko because I make it reasonable, Plausable and most of all prefered for Anko to be the one.

-Snicker.s-

Anko is THE ONE!

She killed all of her otherselves to gain real ulti- OMG STORY IDEA. -SPASMS.-

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeeaaah. Okay, just to bring this thread back on topic.

Title: Music to Rouse the Savage Beast
    Author: The Dirtwater Fox
    Pairing: Naruto/Tayuya, Possible Naruto/Tayuya/Kin
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
    Summary: Patient 00415C7 has had a rather hard life inside an inhumanly small room tucked away in the bowels of a hellish place. But! Things are starting to look up.

My Summary: Been awhile seen I've read a story quite like this. I enjoyed it. A lot. Even if it only has one chapter.

Only thing I find fault in is the 'Kyuubi-Knowledge' idea. However, it hasnt said anything about human techniques. Only the word 'techniques' and 'weapons' were used. Hopefully, they arent human jutsu, but only demon attacks or whatever the hell you want to call them.

Last bit of information I'll give is that Kin and Tayuya are sisters. Tayuya doesnt have a last name in canon, so I guess it is possible. At least, I dont believe a last name was given.

Link: FanFiction.Net

18. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

hum...strangely i liked this one a lot too though i'm not even particularly fond of evil/psycho/bloodthirsty naruto fics...so thank's for posting.
    as to the technique thing...i think it's just the 'basic' stuff a demon would know like how to gather chakra and spew fire without stupid hand seals to help with the molding...or at least i hope so. though i still hope he learns some 'real' jutsus while being in oto. the simple kyuubi empowered taijutsu and the stuff about fire breathing...they fit into the character but it becomes boring after a while.

19. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Just saying about the author, Dirtwater Fox, he seems to be a pretty good writer. I finished reading the story you Dark Syaoran posted and went to his profile. Other then the OOC comments in the smut scenes, he's pretty original and has a decent writing style.

You lot should try his other story, "Kage of the Graves".

20. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

heh...after his psycho!naruto fic left me all excited i directly went to his other one, "kage of the graves". i got till the 5th or so chapter but then decided that this whole ghost!naruto thing didn't really appeal to me. also the drama/angst genre in general with all the mourning was a bit too much for me. so in the end i wasn't sure if something after my fancy would still happen and i stopped...just to be on the safe side. i'll admit though that this one was again extremely well written and the insight in the various characters' psyche were also well done (though the 1. chapter was bit weird and the writing didn't really fit to naruto).

so for the people who still want to give it a try:
    Title: Kage of the Graves
    Author: The Dirtwater Fox
    Pairing: n/a or ? (as i said i didn't get particularly far)
    Genre: Drama/Angst
    Summary: No will... but it is the last testament. Follow the observations of a Ghost, and the dramaatic impact one man's actions can have on an entire village.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3034930/1/

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
Not open for further replies.