1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage Prestige

High Score:
    The Mei cinematic was fantastic, I would die for Snowball! That said, the Junkrat and Roadhog short was rather fun as well, reminiscent of older cartoons.

Honestly, not sure on the new changes yet. Think the rockets are good for busting shields or for when you anticipate someone coming around a corner but not much for moving targets, at least for someone with my aiming skills or the lack there-off. The shooting while rocketboosting is fun and while the defense matrix duration feels too short now, think it needed to happen. Overall, do like them.

Mercy I am less certain about. I could only play her once so far and I admit, it is a lot more fun for when you're using the ulti. The feeling of outright flying is fantastic and it's fun to use, to gain distance and be able to heal and boost your team. On the other hand, I did like the team rez, it was incredibly satisfying to be able to pull that off, not that one did it that much anyway, since it was often smarter to rezz one or two people.

And the concern that teammates will bitch a lot for not being rezzed all the time or why did you rezz X instead of me/y might crop up and not sure how well flying is going to work out when people are used to it and will focus fire the flying Mercy.

But yeah, tentatively optimistic so far. As far as i understand, they'll reduce the damage of the blaster or take away the unlimited ammo or something, right?

2. Fardeki

Fardeki Headmaster DLP Supporter

The healing change as roadhog is nice, but the thing I am most excited about is the reduction on D.Va shield. What a pain that has been.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

If I'd won 5/10 instead of 4/10 I'd be Master for this season. -grumble-

[​IMG]

4. Nemrut

High Score:
    This game can be so incredibly frustrating. It seems pretty much impossible for me to climb out of Silver. Whenever I win a few games, I will immediately lose a few and I can't really change anything about that, no matter what I do. Whenever I reach Gold, I know the next placement games will put me back in Silver.

I don't think I am a Silver level player, which is by all accounts a bad player, being the second lowest rank and all. Maybe I am, and it just feels that way but really feel like after playing it constantly since launch, that I should be higher than that.

It doesn't help that quite a few of those losses often are due to shit teammembers who leave, make shit picks or start to incoherently yell at people the second things don't go perfect.

5. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

I've got a friend in the same situation as you. They're not a bad player, but they're not good enough to haul themselves out of the trench either - and that's what < Gold rank is, a trench of shitty players and cancer.

Ideally you'll get two friends of a similar skill level to yourself, and between the three of you power to 2250 or thereabouts. From there you should be able to play solo without worrying as much about cancer causing you to drop 400 points in one day.

6. Nemrut

High Score:
    New patch is live with reworked D.Va and Mercy and the new map of Junkertown.

As someone with over 130 hours of Mercy, not sure what to think of the change yet. On one hand, the 30 s rez and the new ult are fun enough, especially the new Guardian Angel, on the other hand, I loved Mercy's old ult and would also like it back, so dunno yet where I fall.

7. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm a support main, the Mercy ult was always stupid. I always hated how it encouraged hiding to get super ults.

8. TSN

TSN High Inquisitor

I'm in the same situation as you @Nemrut I played (4th season afaik) season I started 1900 ended the season at 1300. The 2cd season I did, after the ranking I was at 1250.. because even if you go 9/10 they will stick you lower than you ended the previous season.

I stopped playing when I reached lower than 800.. I was really mad. Went back to piloting bomber in battlefield. XD

9. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Minister of Magic

The big issue is a lack of communication and teamwork, although that holds true at multiple levels.

I majorly screwed up my placement matches, and was hovering around 1100 (I think). But I had a great game with a German and a Finn. WE grouped, and pulled another three people in the next game - we all had mics, and everyone was relatively laid back. We all climbed around 500 SR.

At that point I had to stop, I had work the next day, but my W/L ratio at that level was roughly the same as 500SR lower.

So if you want to level, get a group (at least 4), with at least one tank and healer.