1. The DLP Story Competition is back!!!!11one! Get the details in the announcement and break out your favorite editor, because it's time to enter the December 2017 competition.

Don't let us down, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'FanFic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Wands? I'd rather see Sirius with elephant gun, Van Pelt-style.

2. Methos

Methos Sixth Year

High Score:
    why can't have both?
    They do try to work with that is more familiar with them, but their poor wands are quite limited, so they adapt adding guns to their arsenal, an attitude they will carry with them when they return to the Wizardry world.

3. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

D R O P P E D

4. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    Provided that I ever finish up with Cursebreaking Hamunaptra, I just had an idea for a sequel of sorts- Cursebreaking Castlevania. While Bill was gallivanting across Egypt to unknowingly put Imhoptep back in the grave for good, Charlie and his allies assisted the Romanian government with a heritage site of their own, Vlad the Impaler's ruins. Mysterious activities at the site warranted investigation. Cue Dracula's resurrection by a group of dark priests.

Now, what I could do at that point is have Charlie go missing and bring Bill in for another adventure, or, I could shift tact and develop Charlie instead fighting his way through the hordes of ghouls, bats, medusa heads and onward to the Vampire Lord himself in order to escape the castle and its parallel dimension.

I'm starting to really favor the latter scenario the more I think about it, letting Charlie get some needed screen time, for a couple of reasons - I'm already struggling to give Bill more unique magic that doesn't rely on a wand and I'm trying not to reuse what he's already shown too much, and I could let Bill hook up with Evie at the end of Hamunaptra and live rather happily for a time.

I've also not done much with Charlie before now, and since he's supposed to play a big part in Auror Potter v the World, this would give me a chance to build up his character more. Plus he can actually use his wand and whatever other little trinkets I might come up with.

5. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Plot Bunny: an accident with a poorly-made Calming Draught leaves Harry permanently incapable of giving a damn about anything.

"Dursleys being dicks? Whatever, mate."

"Hagrid raising a dragon? Neat."

"Ginny kidnapped by the Heir of Slytherin? Cool story."

"Voldemort is back? That's too bad. Hey, wanna play chess?"

Obviously, this is going to be a big problem. Especially if it turns out that no one knows how to reverse it.

6. Jarizok

Jarizok Seventh Year

Wormtail finds Tom in Albania, but they don’t return to England. After all, what hold does the wizarding world of Britain have on the great Voldemort?

7. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    (This is a direction my old horror prompt from October briefly intersected on before I gave it up)

A D&D group of muggleborns joins Hogwarts during Harry's time as the resident Defense professor. As they learn more about magic(~third or more likely fifth year) they come to him with a request to get a 'real' campaign running, and Harry naturally obliges, because why not? He gets Hagrid to supply the 'monsters', Charlie to supply some smaller dragons, Slughorn to assist with potions, and he himself acts as dungeon master using the Room of Requirements as the dungeon.

After a good old time he steps down at the end of the year and a new dungeon master steps into the role from among the students. All goes well until one day in the middle of the next school year one of the group staggers into his office and begs for his help, the new dungeon master has lost control over things and the Room has asserted itself as the new DM, and Harry has to act as the overpowered NPC assisting the student to rescue the others who are trapped. But now the Room is actively working to subdue Harry too.

8. Sataniel

Sataniel Sixth Year

High Score:
    Some ideas that I won't ever write.

Harry Potter: Assault on Albania

Harry's school life went semi-normally. No attacks by Voldemort, but some of Death Eaters wanting revenge. Sirius escaped but was exonerated as Pettigrew was caught. Fearing that Voldemort may return when he will be dead Dumbledore starts slowly training Harry from his fifth year onwards later including him in the Order of Phoenix.

Now, Harry Potter, twenty-one years old is a rising star of Auror Department and is sent along with Ron and Tonks as a British part of ICW organised multinational taskforce to investigate and eliminate a reason for vampire unrest in Albania that endangers International Statute of Secrecy. And while the leader of the taskforce thinks it just an internal vampire conflict, Order suspects that behind all of this may be a resurrected Voldemort gathering his army. Which one is true? Will the taskforce
    members be able to overcome internal disagreements to fight an external threat? And how bad the threat really is?

Harry and co. fighting vampires, trying to figure if Voldemort is behind this (of course he is), while the larger team barely function as a team as it consists mainly of people that Auror departments considered most expendable.

How to tune your dragon?

After defeating Voldemort Harry got quickly bored with his life. In the search for new excitements, he goes through many wizarding extreme sports finally encountering something that can hold his attention - illegal dragon races. Brutal, and dangerous they require more than forcing a dragon to do rider's bidding - it requires making dragon tough enough to survive the whole race.

Harry in the world of dangerous illegal racing, using a combination of various techniques riders make their dangerous beasts even more dangerous in the name of winning. We see him race, we see him learn and use various creative techniques to tune his dragon all to get to the top of dragon racing underoverground.

Around the World in Eight Months

Tired of the atmosphere in Britain after defeating Voldemort, Harry decides to reverse traditional order of events and use the eight months before Hogwarts open again to do a Grand Tour and explore the world. Along with him go Ron, Hermione, Neville, Ginny and Luna and as expected with Harry's luck they constantly end up being involved in some adventures.

Exactly what it says on the tin.

I have no idea for the title.

Grindelwald was thought dead after his fight against Dumbledore. Mistakenly, though he actually left this world. But while his failsafe was supposed to shift him away from our reality for only a day, it's in 1997 when he reappears in his hideout. Dumbledore is dead, and Voldemort basically took over Britain while ICW does nothing because he masks his little acts of genocide from the muggles. Seeing his point being proven, he creates a fake identity and sets out to start his revolution again. First stop - Britain.

The story went similarily to canon until the end of HBP, but with Dumbledore's investigation being less successful. Thus, Order doesn't know what to do and all seems lost until Grindelwald in the guise of a new charismatic and talented wizard arrive. Initially distrustful members of the Order have to accept his help out of lack of alternatives. His first step is to make Harry into his champion an a PR asset.